chapter 10

Serena looked at her watch for the third time in ten minutes ‘Am I keeping you from something?’ Tess her best friend asked angrily. 

‘Oh Tess I’m sorry’ she sighed ‘Finn was supposed to be meeting us here that’s all’ 

‘Oh’ Tess smiled. Tess liked Finn, in fact she liked him a hell of a lot and was a little pissed that her best friend had got her claws into him before she had the chance. Personally she didn’t think that Finn was all that interested in her friend and was just biding her time till she got a shot at him. 

‘He’s probably just running late’ she tried to assure her. 

‘No I don’t think so’ she sighed ‘he’s been acting really strange the past week, blowing me off and stuff. And the other night when I rang him when he was supposed to be at work I can heard a girl giggling in the back ground’ she frowned. 

‘Did you ask him about it?’ she asked. 

‘Yeah he said it was the girl he lived with’ she shrugged. 

‘As in roommate or as in lives with?’ Tess asked curiously. 

‘I’m not sure’ Serena told her ‘but believe me I’m going to find out’ 

‘Find out what?’ Finn asked as he approached the table. He wasn’t sure what they were talking about but he had a feeling it was him. 

‘Hey’ Serena grinned and stood up and threw her arms around his neck. 

Finn placed his hand on the side of her waist and gently pushed her away before taking a step back. ‘Hi Serena, Tess’ he greeted them but it was obvious to Tess that it was forced. 

Serena sat down annoyed and confused as to why Finn was blowing her greeting off she also wasn’t oblivious to the smiles and eyelash batting her best friend was doing when Finn was around either. 

‘You’re late’ Serena said then, a little harsher than she had meant to. 

‘Yeah sorry about that’ he asked taking a seat across from her. 

‘Finn!’ Finn, Serena and Tess all turned to see who it was calling to him. 

Maria approached the table Finn sat at with a frown and gestured with her head for him to follow her. 

‘Excuse me’ he told Tess and Serena before following Maria. 

‘What the hell is he doing talking to her?’ Tess asked. 

‘God knows’ Serena sighed in annoyance. 

‘What’s up Ria?’ Finn asked her. 

‘Nothing Rachel just told me you were meeting skank incorporated down here and I just thought I’d come down and have my girls back’ she told him throwing another frown in Serena’s direction. 

Finn scratched his ear and tired to hold back a giggle ‘Well I’m sure that would have made Rachel happy’ 

Maria nodded ‘I’ll be outside if you need me’ she assured him. 

‘Thanks Ria, you’re a good friend you know that?’ 

Maria smiled before heading out the coffee shop allowing Finn to return to Serena. 

When Finn returned to the table both Serena and Tess were whispering. 

‘Ok why were you talking to Deluca?’ Tess asked him and just the way she said it caused the hairs on Finn's arms to stand up. 

‘Yeah how do you know her anyway?’ Serena asked. 

‘Actually Maria and I go way back, we’re both from Roswell’ he told them. 

‘Oh god does that mean you know that friend of hers too’ Tess giggled. 

‘What friend would that be?’ Finn asked. 

‘Rachel, Rachel Berry’ Serena filled him in ‘I mean Deluca is bad enough but Rachel is the biggest loser’ she told him. 

‘Oh god if you know her maybe you could find out if the rumours are true about her sleeping with Dr. Watson’ Tess laughed then. 

Finn frowned ‘I can assure you their not’ Finn snapped stopping Tess’s laughing. 

‘Oh god you do know her, you poor honey’ Serena soothed rubbing her hand up his arm. 

‘Yes I do’ Finn turned furious eyes to Serena ‘and I’ve also heard what a bitch you are to her’ he said then. 

‘Excuse me?’ Serena played dump. 

‘Hmm neither Rachel or Maria are liars but I honestly thought they were exaggerating when they told me about you, obviously I just haven’t had the displeasure to see this side of you before’ he said through gritted teeth. 

Serena and Tess’s mouth fell open in shock ‘How do you know Rachel?’ Serena asked. 

‘Rachel is my best friend actually and we live together’ he told her. Finn sighed then, they were getting totally off track but he couldn’t deny that he was glad he saw this side of her. 

‘Um wow I didn’t know’ Serena stuttered. 

‘Obviously’ Finn snorted. 

‘Look Finn I’m sorry’ Serena whined ‘you said you wanted to talk so why don’t we go to my place? Or better yet how about your place you live close by don’t you?’ 

‘No’ Finn shook his head. 

Serena narrowed her eyes when Finn shook his head something around his neck catching her attention ‘What’s that?’ she asked him reaching up to finger the chain that was now outside of his sweater. 

‘It’s a chain’ Finn answered lifting his hand to remove her hand. 

‘What does the engraving say?’ she asked him then. She had never seen this chain or the hear hanging off it on him before. 

Finn sighed ‘It says El’ he told her. 

Tess looked between the two and knew it was her cue to leave, so excusing herself she went to the bathroom. 

‘Who’s El?’ Serena asked. 

‘Serena I cant see you anymore’ he told her bluntly. 

‘W-What?’ a shocked Serena asked this was the last thing she expected him to say. 

‘I cant see you anymore. The truth is I never should have let this go as far as it did. I’m in love with someone else, Serena and I didn’t mean to lead you on but I cant have a relationship with you’ 

Serena felt the tears start falling down her face. ‘Is this because of Rachel?’ she asked then. ‘I mean I didn’t know she was your best friend’ she argued. 

‘It has nothing to do with the way you treated Rachel, although it makes doing this easier because it’s obvious I don’t know you very well’ 

‘Who is she? Is it this El?’ she asked him. 

‘Yes’ he replied ‘I love her and I’ve hurt her because of this thing with you’ he told her. 

‘Wow’ Serena said wiping the tears from her eyes. 

Finn stood up then ‘Look for what it’s worth I’m sorry’ he told her. 

‘Yeah right’ Serena replied. ‘This isn’t over, Finn’ she assured him then. 

‘Yes, Serena it is’ he said with conviction and then turned on his heel and walked away, not once looking back.