chapter 27

“Are you sure about this?” Michael asked him as they got ready for Finn's little surprise. 

“No, but I’m not backing out now” he laughed. 

Sticking his head out from behind the curtain Michael scanned the club for Rachel and Maria and when he found them he cursed “Shit” 

“What?” Finn asked. 

“I think the girls are having a little showdown with Serena and that blonde friend of hers” Michael told him. 

“why me?” Finn swore. 

“I warned you” Michael reminded him. 

“I know, I was stupid and I regret that I’ve hurt Rachel but the truth is Michael in a way it’s been a blessing as well” he admitted. 

“What? How can you say that? the two of you almost broke up for good over this” he said. 

“Yeah we did but instead we finally cleared the air and we’re working through it. If things had continued the way they were before this whole Serena thing happened I’m not sure if we would have been able to do that” he said. 

“What do you mean?” Michael said. 

“I mean we spent next to no time together anymore, we didn’t talk, I was keeping things from her and she was always kicking me down a long list of priorities, I think in a way this showed us both how much we really mean to each other” 

Michael nodded “I get ya, it’s twisted but I get ya” he said. 

“Okay I’m ready here guys” the DJ told them then. 

“Got for it man” Michael grinned before quickly walking off the stage, this he had to see and he figured Maria and Rachel had a great seat. 

Rachel was about to respond to Serena when a loud tapping over a microphone interrupted her and they all turned towards the stage. 

“What the hell?” Maria said when they saw Finn standing up there. 

“Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt but the good people here at Burn have allowed me to get up here. So anyway El, this is for you beautiful” 

“What?” Serena said and began looking around for the blonde. 

Rachel sat there mesmerised as she watched her normally shy Finn pick up a microphone and begin serenading her. 

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant
And there it goes,
I think I found my best friend
I know that it might sound
More than a little crazy
But I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only the sense of completion
And in your eyes, I see
The missing pieces I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home
I know that it might sound
More than a little crazy
But I believe

The people in the crowd began to go crazy then, the guys were hollering at Finn and singing along to their own girls whilst all the girls were looking around trying to find the lucky women that the hunk in front of them was singing too. 

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life