chapter 8

Finn woke to the sound of someone vomiting the next morning and instantly realised that it was Rachel. Without thinking he quickly jumped out of bed and raced into the bathroom to check on her. 

The sight that greeted him was anything but pretty. Rachel was kneeling over the toilet her hair falling all over her face. He immediately kneeled down behind her and pulled her hair out of her face. 

‘Oh El sweetie, are you ok?’ he asked her concerned. 

When Rachel finally had nothing left to vomit she allowed her self to fall back into Finn's arm. Finn sat her between his legs as he leaned against the wall. Reaching up he pulled a washcloth from the bathtub and wet it, bringing it back to wipe her forehead. 

‘Oh God I feel like Crap’ she moaned. 

‘I know baby, you’ll feel better later’ he told her. Rachel closed her eyes and enjoyed the feel of being in his arms, she knew it wouldn’t last very long once he realised that Kyle was in her bedroom and she couldn’t really blame him either. Everything she had done the night before had been intended to hurt him, she had been calculative and used what she knew about him against him. 

‘You okay Rachel?’ Finn and Rachel  looked up to find Kyle standing in the doorway of the bathroom in only his boxers rubbing sleep out of his eyes. 

Rachel felt Finn's hand tighten around her waist and his body tensed and she waited for him to push her away, it never came though. 

‘She’s fine Kyle, I’ve got her’ He told him. 

‘Um ok’ Kyle replied, a frown forming on his face ‘well I might head off then’ he said looking at Rachel appearing to be waiting for her to say something. 

‘Yeah sounds like a good idea’ Finn told him. 

A few minutes later Finn and Rachel heard the front door open and close and Finn sighed in relief that Kyle was gone. 

‘You feel a bit better now?’ he asked her quietly. 

Rachel nodded. ‘I-I didn’t sleep with him’ she whispered so quietly that Finn barely caught what she said. She didn’t know why but she felt compelled to tell him. 

‘What?’ he asked. 

‘I said I didn’t sleep with him’ she repeated. 

Finn was quiet for a while not sure how to respond, ‘it certainly sounded like it’ he told her. 

Rachel felt the bile rose in her stomach all over again after his words, she had never meant for him to be in the apartment when what had happened, actually happened. 

Finn was right behind her all over again, holding her hair back and when she was finished he turned on the shower for her so she could clean up. ‘Have a shower it’ll make you feel better and I’ll go make you some toast’ he told her. 

Twenty minutes later Rachel emerged from the bathroom freshly showered and wearing a pair of Finn's boxers and his shirt, common lounge clothes for her. Finn couldn’t help but smile when he saw her. 

‘Feel better?’ he asked quietly. 

‘Yeah’ she nodded ‘Thanks’ she said when he placed two pieces of toast in front of her with strawberry jam on them. Her favorite and it served as a reminder that no one on earth knew her as well as Finn. 

They sat in silence for what felt like forever. Rachel eating her toast and Finn watching her, sipping quietly on the glass of juice in front of him. 

‘I know I have no right to ask but why did you invite him in El?’ Finn's question broke the silence. 

Rachel looked at him. There was so much to talk about and she knew that it needed to be done sooner rather than later.