chapter 38

Christmas Eve 

“Ladies and Gentleman it is my pleasure to announce to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Hudson” 

The guests all cheered and clapped loudly as the priest announced Finn and Rachel. 

“I can’t believe we’re married” Rachel gasped as Finn guided her down the isle with a massive grin. 

“I know” he told her. 

Michael tapped on the glass and waited for everyone to grow quiet. He smiled before he started “Hi everyone, for those of you who don’t me I’m Michael Geurin, Finn's best friend and tonight I stand beside him proudly as he marries the women who I know he’s loved his entire life” the crowd oohed then and Finn's ears went bright red. 

Maria stood up bedside him then “I guess this is where I jump in” she smiled “I’m Maria Deluca and Rachel and I have been best friends since diapers so believe me when I say Rachel has loved Finn just as long.” The guests oohed again then and laughed when they saw Rachel flush red too. 

“So when Michael and I sat down and talked about what we were going to say tonight we decided that we should do our speeches together instead of separately like it’s traditionally done because that’s the way Finn and Rachel have always done everything, together” 

“Some of you might not be aware but Maria and I are also engaged to be married and strangely enough it was because of the couple we’re all here tonight to honor that we’re together” Michael explained. “they brought two very different people who swore they would never be together into each others lives” he chuckled. 

“So thank you” Maria whispered tearily. 

“Thank you for showing us all that love is possible, that forever isn’t that far away” she finished. 

“I know I speak for everyone here when I say that the two of you have what we all strive to find in a lifetime, you found it sooner than anyone ever imagined and you’ve grown in that love and thanks to you we’ve also found that love too” Michael told them. 

There wasn’t a dry eye in the crowd as everyone listened to the words by Maria and Michael. 

“And no longer are you two halves of a whole” Alex stood up and added. 

“Your complete” Isabel chimed in with a grin. 

Finn leaned in and kissed Rachel gently closing his eyes to stop the flow of tears that wouldn’t stop from his friends beautiful words. Rachel on the other hand was openly sobbing.

“To Finn and Rachel” the four friends chorused. 

“To Finn and Rachel” everyone cheered. 

Ten minutes later when Rachel had herself under control she stood up and signaled to the band. 

“I don’t think I can easily respond to what our best friends said tonight” she said quietly. “Sometimes there just aren’t words” she said looking at each of them. 

“But I will say this” Finn stood up next to her then. “I know that Finn and I are the people we are today, the couple we are today because of the people in our lives. Everyone of you have played a part in the people we are and we will be eternally grateful for that” 

They turned to their friends then “We love you guys so much, you were the foundations that held us together when we started crumbling I think it was always destiny that we would be friends and family” she smiled. 

“Now I have a surprise for my wonderful husband” she grinned. She walked towards the band then and the music started playing behind her. 

Let's make this fleeting moment last forever
So, tell me what you're waiting for?
I'm gonna keep it frozen here forever,
There's no regretting anymore.
It's worth the wait, even so far away.
I'm making the night mine until the day I die
No lights to brake when you're hanging by fate
You know what it feels like when you're dancing blind
All alone, just the beat inside my soul
Take me home, where my dreams are made of gold
In the zone where the beat is un-controlled.
I know what it feels like
Come on make me feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive alive alive alive
Alive!

Finn shook his head in shock, he always knew Rachel could sing. But that didn't mean he still wasn’t amazed every time he heard her.

Meet me under shining lights,
I've been waiting right here all my life
Feelings you can't deny that you're living, open up your eyes
And I just wanna sink into your crazy laughter
Come on make me feel until the pain don't matter
Every second here makes my heart beat faster
Finally think I found what I'm chasing after.
All alone, just the beat inside my soul
Take me home, where my dreams are made of gold
In the zone where the beat is un-controlled.
I know what it feels like
Come on make me feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive alive alive alive
Alive!

All alone, just the beat inside my soul
Take me home, where my dreams are made of gold
In the zone where the beat is un-controlled.
I know what it feels like
Come on make me feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive alive alive alive
Alive!
I know what it feels like
Come on make me feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive alive alive alive
Alive! Feel alive!

At the end of the song Finn moved back to Rachel and kissed her lovingly. 

“Thank you” he grinned 

“Just returning the favour” she smiled. 

Finn picked up the microphone then “Thank you all so much for being with us tonight and sharing what is definitely the happiest day of our lives. Merry Christmas” he held up his glass. 

“Merry Christmas” they chorused. 

Finn and Rachel turned to each other then “I love you” she whispered. 

“I love you too, forever” he replied before leaning in kissing her 

The song that Rachel sings to Finn is called alive by krewella I low key always wanted Rachel to sing it on glee or anyone really