chapter 39

3 years later

"Rachel! I'm home!" Finn called to his wife. Rachel shut her laptop and walked out of the kitchen. She smiled and hugged him.

"Hello Mr. Hudson."

"Hello Mrs. Hudson" he said and kissed her. They walked hand in hand into the kitchen.

"Don't worry about dinner. Go put something nice on and we'll go out."

"Oh, so I don't look nice now do I?" Rachel  said playfully and smiled.

"You look gorgeous but I don't think the restaurant will really like the sweatpants and tank top look. Now go!" Finn said as he kissed her on the forehead. She smiled at him and walked into the bedroom.

Finn watched her go. He couldn't believe how everything had turned out. He was married to the woman of his dreams, he had a great job and most importantly, he was safe.

Rachel looked through her closet for something to wear. She eventually chose a red tank top and a pair of black pants. She looked in her full-length mirror as she brushed her hair.

She set down her brush and walked back into the kitchen where Finn was waiting.

"You look gorgeous" he said. They had been married for 3 years and she still took his breath away.

"You ready?" Rachel asked as she put on her jacket and grabbed the car keys.

"Yeah." He put on his jacket and they were off.

Finn and Rachel had dinner at her favorite restaurant and after they went for a walk in a near by park.

"Thank you again for dinner." Rachel said

"It was my pleasure to have such wonderful company as your self." Finn smiled and kissed her. When he pulled away he saw that Rachel had her 'thinking face' on.

"What is it?" he asked, concerned.

"Um, I need to tell you something. Can we sit?" She said, pointing to a bench. Finn nodded as they walked over and sat down. Rachel leaned her head against Finn's shoulder as she put his arm around her.

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" he asked. Rachel started up at the stars for a moment, as if they had the answers.

"Ok, you promise you won't freak out? Unless it's a good freak out, cause I really don't need you to freak out and…"

"Rach, Rachel, calm down. I promise I will not freak out. You can tell me anything."

"Ok." Rachel paused again and took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."