chapter 2

Three and a half years later 

Rachel was sitting on the lounge pouring over her study notes when Finn walked in the door. He seemed surprised to see her there. 

‘Hey’ he smiled 

Removing her glasses ‘hey yourself’ she smiled back taking the opportunity to look him over. She felt as though she had hardly seen him the past three months. They had both been so busy with exams and work that they didn’t get any quality time together at all anymore. 

‘I thought you had a date?’ he asked her then. 

shit Rachel cursed under her breath, she should have remembered that Finn had a great memory for things like that especially when it came to who she was spending her time with ‘Yeah I do, but it’s not to later’ she told him. 

‘Oh okay’ he smiled ‘I have to work tonight so I better get going’ he told her before walking off into the bathroom. 

Thirty minutes later Finn was at Burn the nightclub where he did bar work with Michael. 

‘Hey’ Michael greeted his friend, he felt like he hadn’t seen him outside of work for months now and not for the first time wondered what was going on with him. 

‘Hey’ Finn replied glumly. He had been feeling like shit for days now but after seeing Rachel he felt twice as bad. 

The place wasn’t busy yet so Michael took the opportunity to question him about what was up. 

‘I’ve really fucked up Mike’ he replied. 

‘What have you done?’ he asked. 

Finn looked up ‘I’ve met someone’ he told him. 

‘What do you mean you’ve met someone?’ Michael asked confused. All the gang new everything about Finn and Rachel and postponing forever, none of them really understood it but they accepted it. 

‘I’ve been seeing someone for the past three months and I don’t know how to tell Rachel’ he explained. 

‘Oh’ Michael frowned ‘what the hell are you doing Finnegan? You have this top chick at home who loves you to death why are you wasting your time with these bimbo’s’ he bitched at his friend. Michael was also more than aware from his relationship with Maria that Rachel wasn’t as into the whole dating other people thing as Finn was, and he knew if Rachel found out about Finn breaking the rules of the agreement it would shatter her. 

‘I don’t know’ Finn sighed ‘and that’s not all’ he added. 

‘What else could there be?’ 

‘You know that girl that Rachel and Maria are always bitching about?’ Finn asked. 

‘Yeah Selena or whatever’ he shrugged, he usually tuned out when they started gossiping. 

‘Serena’ Finn corrected. 

‘Please tell me your not?’ Michael demanded then. When Finn didn’t move to deny it Michael just shook his head. 

‘Fuck’ he cursed. 

‘I know’ he told him knowing what his friend was thinking. 

‘End it’ Michael told him then. 

‘I know that’s what I should do’ Finn replied. 

‘Then why don’t you?’ Michael asked. 

‘It’s different with her, I feel things’ he told him. 

‘What do you mean you feel things?’ Michael asked incredulous. There was no way his friend was standing here telling him that he was going to give up his forever for a feeling. Even though Finn had casually dated over the past three and a half years things with him and Rachel had always been great.