chapter 19

By two o'clock the next day Maria was getting ready to panic. She hadn't heard a word from Rachel and after a call to Isabel discovered that she was in the same exact situation. They didn't know if Finn and Rachel were still alive or if they were just busy making up. Maria was also anxious to drill Rachel on what had happened and find out if she knew anything about the engagement ring that Finn had bought her.

The sounds of her phone ringing interrupted her pacing 'Hello' she answered.

'Hi' Rachel said.

'Oh thank god, are you ok?' Maria asked.

'Of course I am, what did you think Finn had killed me or something?' she laughed.

'No, No of course not' Maria lied 'I was just worried because neither Isabel or I had heard from you' she told her.

'Well I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't ring you last night but by the time Finn and I finished talking for the night I was completely exhausted, in fact I only got up a couple of hours ago'

'Ok I'll forgive you this time, so?'

Rachel laughed 'So, I was ringing to see if you and Isabel wanted to go shopping for a few hours' she replied.

'Well it's not like I would turn down shopping normally and I wont this time either, especially if it's the only way I'm going to get out of you what happened last night' she rambled.

'Good be ready in 15 minutes I have a credit card I want to max out' she said evilly.

'Your not talking about the 'for emergency only' credit card are you?' Maria asked shocked. Normally Rachel was so responsible refusing to put things like clothes or shoes on the credit card her parents had got for her when she moved to New York.

'Yep' Liz nodded.

'Ok obviously there is story behind this and I cant wait to hear it' she said

'and you will, see you in 15' she told her.

After ringing Maria Rachel called Isabel and had a similar conversation with her. 20 minutes later after saying good bye to Finn and sharing another sweet goodbye kiss Rachel and Maria were on their way to pick up Isabel.

'Ok now that Isabel is here would you like to explain to me why all of a sudden after three and half years of refusal you are going to spend up on your parents credit card?' Maria asked.

'Yeah I'm interested too' Isabel laughed. She had watched her friend put back countless items of clothing and shoes over the years because she couldn't afford them and refused to put them on the credit card.

'Call it a little bit of retail therapy and I've come to realise that my parents owe me a hell of a fucken lot of it' she answered.

'What happened?' Maria immediately asked. She had known Rachel and the Parkers for years and she had never heard Rachel talk about her parents that way.

'Well where do I start, they interfered in my life, made decisions for me that were none of their business to make and basically just ruined my life' she replied angrily.

'Well Rachel what's different than normal, my mum is always doing thinks like that' Maria laughed.

'They told Finn no' she said then, biting her bottom lip to try and ward off the tears that threatened to fall at the reminder.

'You don't mean what I think you do, do you?' Isabel gasped.

'Yep' Rachel confirmed.

'Ok, I know I'm blonde but can someone please fill me in on what the two of you are talking about' a confused Maria asked.