chapter 20

‘God Iz you’re so lucky’ Maria laughed as Isabel finished telling the story about Alex’s attempt at a romantic dinner a few weeks earlier. 

Maria groaned then when she caught sight of Serena heading their way ‘skank alert’ she mumbled. 

‘Hi Maria, Rachel’ Serena faked smiled. 

Maria and Rachel both looked up and frowned at the girl. ‘Are you guys glad to be done with exams?’ she asked in her over the top sweet voice that made the girls want to gag. 

Isabel didn’t need to be told who this girl was, it was obvious from her looks and Rachel's reaction to her that she was Serena. 

‘Excuse me can we help you?’ she asked slipping into her famous Ice Queen mode. 

‘Oh hi I don’t believe we’ve met I’m Serena Michaels’ she introduced offering her hand for Isabel to shake. 

‘I know’ Isabel replied turning her nose down on the girl. 

‘Oh, well I could help but over hear you, do you know Finn too?’ she asked. 

‘You could say that’ Isabel smirked, she could read this girl like a book and she was threatened, she had no idea that Isabel was Finn's sister and right now she was sizing her up as competition. Too bad she didn’t stand a chance and that it had absolutely nothing to do with Isabel. 

‘Oh are you from Roswell as well?’ she asked pretending to be interested. 

‘Yes’ Isabel replied. Maria and Rachel had also caught on to what was happening by now and decided to play along. 

‘I grew up there with Finn’ she said smugly. 

‘Oh’ Serena replied ‘um I’m not sure if I caught your name, Finn doesn’t mention the people from his past very much’ she explained. 

‘Well we’re special he doesn’t talk about us to just anyone’ she said smugly and watched at the smile on Serena’s face faded slightly. 

‘Oh well we’re dating’ she informed Isabel then hoping to catch her off guard with the piece of information. 

‘That’s funny I could have sworn Finn  dumped your ass’ Rachel smirked. 

Serena turned shocked eyes to Rachel, she had never heard her speak like that before. ‘Well you obviously heard wrong’ she said. 

‘No, no I didn’t’ Rachel laughed. ‘I mean Finn is after all my best friend, you knew that right?’ 

‘No, he’s never mentioned you’ Serena lied ‘but we don’t exactly waste out precious time together talking if you know what I mean’ she added then. 

‘Your suck a lying skank’ Maria laughed then. 

‘Excuse me?’ Serena said. 

‘Your heard me’ Maria said. 

‘Your just jealous’ she accused them. 

‘Jealous?’ Maria laughed ‘what do I have to be jealous of. Finn is one of my very close friends and you mean absolutely shit to him and everyone here knows it’ she informed her. 

‘Did you really think you could come over here and play nice?’ Isabel asked then ‘we know all about you’ 

Serena scrunched up her nose in irritation then ‘I don’t believe I caught your name’ she said to Isabel. 

‘I think you have a pretty good idea of who I am and what I mean to Finn’ Isabel answered vaguely. ‘and now you know why he would never choose you over any of us’ she added. 

Rachel bit her lip trying to hold her laughter in at the look on Serena’s face. Isabel had certainly put her in her place and right now Rachel could tell Serena was trying to consider what to do with what Isabel had just said. 

‘We’ll see’ she responded before turning and scurrying off. 

‘Oh god that was a classic’ Maria giggled. 

‘I know’ Isabel agreed. 

‘You know she’s thinks that you’re the girl Finn broke up with her for’ Rachel told Isabel. 

‘Really?’ Isabel feigned innocence ‘where would she get an idea like that from, and boy is she going to look stupid’ 

The three girls continued laughing after that.