chapter 5

Finn waited around the apartment all day for Rachel to come out of her room but she never did. Maria came in and out bringing her food and anything that she needed but even she wouldn’t talk to Finn about how Rachel was or if she was going to talk to him. 

Finn sat watching the clock trying to decide what to do about the shift he had at the bar that night when there was a knock on the door. He didn’t want to go to the bar without working things out with Rachel; he didn’t want to leave the apartment until they talked. He got up and answered it reluctantly and once he did he wish he hadn’t. 

‘What do you want Valenti?’ he growled at the man on the other side. Kyle Valenti and Finn Hudson hated each other. Everything they did since they had been 12 years old had been a competition, one which Finn usually came out of top of which is why Kyle had chased Rachel for years, unsuccessfully. At first Finn hadn’t been to worried about beating Kyle at sports or getting hotter chicks but that quickly changed when Kyle learned his weakness and went after Rachel. 

‘I’m here to pick up Rachel’ he smirked. Finn wanted to wipe the smug look of his face. Normally Finn wasn’t a fighter but he would make the exception tonight because he had a lot of frustration to work out. 

‘What do you mean, pick up Rachel? She’s not going anywhere with you Valenti when are you going to get the message’ Finn growled taking a step closer to the other man. 

‘Kyle you’re here’ the sound of Rachel's voice startled him and he turned around to see her. He was shocked to say the least at what he saw. The Rachel before him didn’t look like the girl that he had heard crying all night. She was dressed in a tight black dress with her hair pulled up and her makeup done with obvious intentions of going out he realised. 

‘El’ he sighed in relief. 

Rachel ignored him and moved towards Kyle ‘Hi’ she smiled sweetly. A smile he knew Rachel had never used when in the company of Kyle Valenti, or for Kyle Valenti. 

‘Hey’ he replied ‘you ready?’ 

‘Yeah just let me get my jacket’ she replied. 

Finn's mouth fell open in shock but he quickly came to his senses when Rachel went off in search of her coat. He rushed to catch her and found her in her bedroom. 

‘El what are you doing?’ he asked her. 

‘Going on a date, what does it look like’ she snapped. 

‘El you know how I feel about Kyle’ he groaned and the minute the words left his mouth he wished he could take them back, because if looks could kill he would be six feet under from the one Rachel just gave him. 

‘Well wait right there Finn and I’ll get you fifty cents so that you can call someone who cares, maybe Serena?’ Rachel told him before pushing past him and out of the room. Finn wasted no time going after her and caught her right before she reached the door. 

‘El’ he whispered in desperation. 

Rachel turned around when she heard the plea in his voice and for the first time since she came out of her room Finn could tell how much she was hurting, he could see it reflected in her eyes ‘I love you’ he whispered and then reaching into his pocket he pulled out the necklace with the other side of his heart, the one she had returned the night before and he reached up to put it back around her neck. 

Rachel moved to object at first but when she saw the unshed tears in his eyes she gave in ‘this is yours, only yours’ he told her. 

When he finished fastening it around her neck he took a step back and shoved his hands in his pockets. Hesitating for only second Rachel moved to the door and accepted the arm Kyle offered her, closing the door behind her. 

Realising that there was nothing that he could do about it, that he had brought everything that was happening upon himself Finn picked up his own jacket and left the apartment for work. 

‘Hey’ Michael greeted him when he joined him behind the bar. 

‘Hey’ Finn replied and the look on his face said it all. 

‘So it didn’t go well?’ he stated. 

‘Yeah you could say that, and because I’m such a fucking idiot she’s now out on a date with Kyle Valenti’ he told him. 

‘Valenti? Your kidding me?’ Michael laughed 

‘I don’t see what’s so funny Michael. My life is falling apart and all you can do is laugh’ he snapped. 

‘It is funny man; Maria didn’t tell me that part. Hey an eye for an eye I say, she’ll feel a shit load better tomorrow after she’s fucked him’ 

Finn's head snapped up and he growled then ‘if Valenti lays a hand on her I swear to god I’ll kill him’ he told Michael. 

‘No you wont, your going to take it like a man because you deserve it. Finn, man Maria has told me a little about this Serena chick and some of the things she’s said and done to Rachel, and I can understand why she hates her. If I was you I’d be thankful if fucking Kyle helps her get over it at all and she considers forgiving you’ he told him seriously. 

‘When did my life get so out of control?’ he groaned. 

‘Oh I’d say around the time you came up with this stupid idea to postpone forever’ Michael quipped sarcastically. 

‘Get to work guys’ they heard their boss yell then. It was pretty busy that night considering how slow it was the night before. 

About five people into the line though Finn's night suddenly got worse because standing in the line that he was serving he spotted Serena and he groaned. 

Michael looked up from his spot next to Finn and saw the girl at the end of the line waving enthusiastically, trying to get Finn's attention. 

‘Please tell me that’s not her?’ Michael asked. 

When Finn didn’t reply Michael shook his head and laughed again. 

‘What the fuck is so funny?’ Finn asked 

‘You kidding me right?’ Michael asked incredulously ‘please tell me you see it’ Michael said turning his eyes back to the petite brunette with brown eyes who struck quite a resemblance to a certain other brunette Finn lived with. 

‘See what?’ Finn asked when he had a chance a couple of minutes later. By this stage Serena was now second in line.

‘Man she could be Rachel's twin’ Michael told him. 

Yessss I added Kyle in this story some of you might remember him from my previous story😊