chapter 29

“So what do you think?” Finn asks her as they look over the brochures. 

“It’s beautiful,” she tells him. 

Finn had gone to the travel agent a couple of days earlier and grabbed some brochures for some alternative holiday locations. Neither of them had to start their job till after the summer so they were planning an extended holiday now. 

“We could get a round the world ticket?” he offers then. The truth was Rachel hadn’t looked as excited about any of the holiday options as she had been when she saw the tickets to Hawaii. 

“That’s a great idea” she grins. “I mean we could go for the whole summer, work when we need relax when we want.” 

Finn nods and smiles he thought it was good idea too and he hoped maybe they could finish they’re holiday in Hawaii.

“The question is can we afford it?” she says then. 

“Well we have the tickets and accommodation I’ve already paid for, I have a few thousand in the bank and my parents were going to give me money for a trip away for graduation, with that I’m sure it’s more than enough” he replied. 

Rachel smiled “don’t forget the few thousand that I have as well” she tells him. 

“No, El we don’t need to use your money, this was my treat to you” he shook his head. 

“I want to. I mean with the extra money we might not even have to work” 

That idea did sound appealing to Finn. When they started they’re jobs he knew it would be tough going for a while. They would both be busy and meeting new people but he knew they would be okay if they just remembered what was important. 

“Ok, I want to spend as much time with you as I can” he smiled. 

Rachel laughed “Finn we’re moving to Boston together” she laughed. 

“El, I wanted to talk to you about that” he said then. Rachel frowned immediately she was instantly worried. When someone normally told you they needed to talk to you it was usually about something bad. The decision to move to Boston had been a long and hard one but in the end they had made it together and that was what was important to Rachel. Finn was honest with her about his job offer and the desire to go and Rachel was honest that she didn’t want everything in their relationship to be about what was best for any longer. There are two people in their relationship and they both needed to start acting like it. 

“What?” she asked. 

Finn scratched his ear nervously “I, it’s just that I haven’t asked you to move in with me officially yet so I was wondering if you would?” he asked. 

Rachel's frown quickly turned itself up until there was a brilliant smile lighting her entire face up instead. 

“I would love to” she smiled “and we are talking about living, living aren’t we?” she asked then. 

Finn smiled “Well the apartment is only one bedroom” he smiled shyly. 

“Oh” Rachel smiled. 

“So you wont have a problem sharing a bedroom with me will you my beautiful girlfriend?” he teased. 

Rachel stopped at his words “is that what I am?” she asked shyly. 

“What, my girlfriend?” he said. 

“Well yeah I mean we sort of haven’t talked about it,” she said nervously. 

“Oh” Finn flushed “God El, yeah I mean girlfriend is a terrible word for what you really are to me, but yeah I guess that’s if you want to be.” he mumbled.