chapter 43

16 hours later…

"Why is this taking so long?!" Isabel said as she paced up and down the hallway of the hospital.

"Iz, childbirth usually takes a long time. I mean, I put my mom through 28 hours of labor." Alex said, trying to calm down Isabel.

"28 hours?! Remind me never to have kids." Isabel said as she continued to pace. "What if there was some sort of complication?

"Isabel, I'm sure everything is ok. Just calm down." Alex said.

"Yeah. I guess so." She said as she sat down in a chair beside Alex. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. She just realized that she hadn't gotten any sleep in a long time. She as she was about to dose off, she heard someone call her name.

"Isabel! Alex!"

Isabel opened her eyes to see Michael and Maria running down the hall.

"Oh my gosh! Michael! Maria! What are you guys doing here?" Isabel said as she hugged Michael.

"Right after you called us, Maria insisted that we flew over here."

"I wasn't going to miss the birth of my best friend's first baby." Maria said as she pulled out of a hug with Alex.

"Well, I'm glad you're here."

"So, has she had the baby yet?" Maria asked.

"No, we're still waiting. We haven't heard from Finn in almost 2 hours." Alex told them.

"Is everything ok?" Michael asked.

"I'm sure it is. Finn would have probably told us if anything was wrong." Alex reassured Michael.

"I guess all we can do is wait." Maria said as she sat down next to Michael. He took her hand and kissed her on the cheek.

"Try and get some sleep." He said. Maria nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

2 hours later…

"Maria, Maria, wake up." Michael said. Maria lifted her head and looked around.

"What is it?"

"We can go in and see Rachel now." Maria instantly got all her energy back as she jumped up and practically ran into Rachel's room. Michael laughed and followed her into the room.

He peaked in and saw Finn sitting on the bed beside Rachel as she held the baby. Finn looked up as Michael and Maria walked in.

"Hey guys, we want to introduce you someone." Finn said and smiled. They walked up beside Rachel's side if the bed.

"Guys, this is Josh Christopher Hudson, your godson ." Rachel said.

"Oh my gosh! You actually want us to be her god-parents?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, of course! You guys are our best friends!"

"Thank you, Rachel. Thank you, Finn." Maria said.

"Can I hold her?" Michael asked.

"Sure! Just be careful of his head." Rachel said. Michael slowly took Josh from Rachel and held him close to him.

"Hi Josh, I'm your god-father, Michael. I'm not exactly sure what being a god-father entitles but I'm sure it means I'll spoil you rotten." Michael said and smiled at the baby. Maria smiled at how sweet Michael was with Josh. She hoped that he would be like that with their kids.

"Michael and I have something to tell you two." Maria said.

"What is it?" Finn asked.

"We're engaged!" Michael said excitedly.

"Really? Oh my god! I'm so happy for you guys!" Rachel said as she hugged Maria.

"Congrats you two!" Finn said as he walked over and took Josh from him.

"Have you set a date yet?" Rachel asked.

"Not yet, but you'll be the first to know when we do." Maria said. She looked at her watch and then said, "We should probably go and let you get some rest. Bye! Bye Josh."

"Bye." Rachel called after them. She looked over at her husband who was still holding their Son. He sat back down beside her on the bed. They sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"He's beautiful." Finn finally said.

"Yeah, He really is." Rachel said as she brushed back the few whisps of jet- black hair on Josh's head.

"I can't believe that you and I actually created him. That she was actually inside of you for 9 months." Rachel smiled at him and said,

"I defiantly believe the whole inside me for 9 months bit." Finn smiled and said,

"I love you, Rachel."

"I love you, Finn." He looked down at the baby in his arms.

"I love you too, Josh."

THE END!

Thanks to everybody who read this story and took the time to vote ! I'm thinking maybe doing a Michael & Maria sequel, but I dunno. It's just a thought. Thanks again!