chapter 6

Rachel closed her eyes as she sat in the car with Kyle on their way to Burn. They had gone to dinner earlier at a nice restaurant where Rachel picked at her food, and gulped down wine while she listened to Kyle talk about many of his sporting accomplishments. It was the first time she had ever allowed herself to be in the presence of Kyle Valenti by choice and she was questioning that decision now. Rachel knew she had only called Kyle, who had chased her non stop for close to ten years to get back at Finn, she also knew that if Kyle was aware of her reason he wouldn't care either. His own motivation to date her was fairly similar.

She couldn't help but let her mind wander to things they shouldn't, like how she had ended up in the car on a date with Kyle Valenti, her soul mates worst enemy. If you had asked Rachel Berry three and half years ago where she thought she would be today she would have told you either engaged or married to the man of her dreams, Finn Hudson.

When she had agreed to the 'postponing forever' agreement with Finn she never dreamed it would still be in play now. When she had arrived in New York and started classes, she had made it her business to date as many guys as often as she could hoping that it would drive Finn crazy. Unfortunately he had gritted and bared it, sure she could tell that he didn't like it, in fact he had even asked her why she felt the need to rub it in his face when she started showing up for lunch with him bringing along her latest date.

So they had introduced the rules. Eventually Rachel had to admit the agreement worked. It had given her the time to be selfish and concentrate on her schooling, which ensured she was at the top of her class now. When she realised that dating all the time wasn't going to get Finn to back out of the agreement she settled down completely and most of the time it worked out fairly well, that was until 12 months ago when Rachel just tired of the entire thing. Now her world was crashing down around her.

Once they reached Burn Rachel marched straight up to the bar and ordered herself another couple of drinks, she had also been lucky enough to avoid being served by either Finn or Michael. So far she had managed to be in the club without drawing any attention to herself.

So now sitting at a table slightly drunk she felt a lot better about her date with Kyle, at least he was fun. 'Want to dance?' he asked her.

'Sure' Rachel smiled. Despite the fact he liked to talk about himself a lot, Kyle was an all right guy, very good looking and his body showed that he played a lot of sport.

'Hey sweetie' Serena grinned when she finally reached the bar.

'Um hey' Finn replied scratching his ear nervously. He knew he couldn't avoid her forever and that he needed to talk to her. To tell her what, he wasn't really sure. Yeah sorry Serena I never should have got involved with you because I've already met the women I love and am going to marry, I just postponed it it even sounds ridiculous to him, so how could he expect Serena to understand it.

The worst part was is that Finn couldn't believe that Rachel had actually put up with him for the past three years. I mean realistically he hadn't dated that many girls, in fact Rachel had been the one to do a considerable lot of dating when they had first arrived in New York it was one of the main reasons they had decided to put the rules into place. But thinking about it now the whole concept had been selfish and ridiculous on his part but at the time he hadn't know what else to do, and even if he could get Rachel to forgive him eventually he knew he probably didn't deserve it considering how he had treated her during this entire situation.

'What can I get you?' he asked her then realizing that he had zoned out.

'My usual' she requested with a smile.

'Um' Finn's mind went blank he had no idea what her usual was, just another one of the things he didn't know a bout Serena.

'Vodka and red bull, Finn' she frowned. He was acting very peculiar tonight.