chapter 35

Three Months Later 

Rachel busied herself with all the details of the wedding her mother and Dianne had been sending for her to go through as she waited for Finn to get home from work. She loved how he was loving his new job and only wished that she could be as happy with her own job. 

The truth was it wasn’t so much that she wasn’t enjoying the work she was doing at Rydock it was working with Harrison that she didn’t care for, the guys was a self centered arrogant pig who thought he was gods gift to the world and she’d had enough. 

She sighed as she looked at the clock again, it was only seven and she knew Finn was on his way home bringing Chinese with him. 

knock knock 

Rachel jumped up from the lounge quickly and rushed to the door, assuming it was Finn. 

“Hey babe” she smiled when she pulled open the door, except it wasn’t Finn's amber eyes staring back at her it was green eyes. 

“Hi yourself” he grinned back at her. 

“Harrison” she frowned “What are you doing here?” she asked. 

She had a million questions running through her head, why he was here?, how he knew where she lived?. The most frustrating thing about Harrison was that he seemed oblivious to how much Rachel disliked him. 

He held up a copy of Bridget Jones Diary 2 and a bag which appeared to contain Chinese food “Well I was sitting at work and I realized it was Friday night and you were most likely alone in a new city where you didn’t know anyone, so here I am” he grinned. 

Rachel's frown deepened “How did you find out where I live?” she asked him. 

“Oh it’s in your file, nice place by the way I’m surprised you can afford something like this on a first year salary” he commented. 

“I don’t think Dr Jefferson intended on you using information on my file for this purpose when he gave it to you” she snapped annoyed. How dare they think they could keep a file on her life and hand it out to every tom, dick and harry giving them access to her private information. 

Harrison’s smile faded slightly then “Um probably not but it’s not a big deal, right?” he asked. 

When Rachel didn’t answer he continued on “Aren’t you going to invite me in?” he asked. 

“Well even though I’m not particularly happy that you got my address from my personal file I do appreciate the gesture” she explained “But I already have plans tonight” 

Harrison laughed a little “You don’t have to be embarrassed and make up stories, Rachel I’m going to like you regardless” he replied. 

“No I’m serious” she told him. 

Harrison frowned then “What’s your problem, Rachel I mean I knew you were shy but I didn’t think you would be this frigid” 

Rachel didn’t even think she just reacted, her hand coming out and slapping him hard across the face. 

Harrison’s face looked shock for a second but the look of shock quickly turned to one of anger his hand reaching out and grabbing Rachel's hair roughly and pulling her towards him. 

“You better apologize” he roared. 

“No you better” an angry voice startled him from behind. 

Rachel sighed in relief when she saw Finn standing behind Harrison, she could tell from the wild look in his eyes that he was mad as hell and it was all directed at the man who dared put his hands on her. 

“Fuck off and mind your own business” Harrison grunted pushing Rachel further into the apartment and following her in.

“Get your hands off her now” Finn warned following him, this time he dropped his briefcase and the bag of Chinese on the floor. 

“Finn” Rachel whimpered. 

Harrison slowly let Rachel go when he saw the look in Finn's eye and Rachel say his name acknowledging the fact that she knew him. 

“Who the fuck are you?” he asked Finn. 

“her fiancée and I swear to god your going to regret the day you touched her” Finn spat right before his fist connected with Harrison’s jaw and sending him flying onto the floor. 

“Shit” he groaned. 

Finn rushed to Rachel and looked her over “Did he hurt you baby?” he asked her. 

“No he didn’t get the chance thank god” she whispered. 

“Who is he?” he asked her. 

“Harrison Watson” she answered. 

Finn frowned “The guy you work with?” he asked. 

“No the guy I worked with” she corrected him she turned to Harrison who was still lying on the ground then “because somehow I don’t think he’ll have a job after Rydock finds out he used my personal file to come to my home and assault me” he spat. 

“I didn’t know you had a fiancée your file said you were single” he grunted as he pulled himself up off the floor. 

“That’s not the point” Finn yelled at him “you had no right to come to our home and put your hands on her” 

“She hit me first” he argued. 

Finn's anger was growing by the second “I suggest you leave before I hit you again” he warned. 

“I’m going” he snapped making his way to the door. 

“Go near her again and you’ll be sorry” Finn told him slamming and locking the door in his face. 

The moment Finn pulled her into his arms Rachel completely broke down. 

“it’s ok now baby” he whispered “I’m here” he soothed as he rubbed her back. Her sobbing continued for close to ten minutes and Finn just continued to hold her the entire time until she pulled back. 

“I was so scared” she admitted. 

“Oh god baby I know, I’m so sorry I wasn’t here I should have left work earlier” he cried with her. 

“No it’s not your fault” she shook her head. 

An hour later they sat cross legged on the lounge eating the reheated Chinese food that Finn had brought home with him. 

“I’m going to come with you on Monday” he said. 

“Thank you” she smiled. 

“If they don’t fire him I want you to resign” he told her then. 

Rachel nodded surprising Finn “I already decided that” she admitted “the reason I haven’t been liking work too much is because of him anyway” 

Finn frowned he knew she wasn’t happy with work but she hadn’t said that much about it “How come you didn’t tell me?” he asked. 

“I didn’t want to spoil your fun” she told him “you love your job and I didn’t want you to worry a bout me” 

“But I do” he smiled “I love you and we’re a team now so if your not happy for some reason I want you to tell me about it, I want to hear about it” 

“I know” she smiled “and it just makes me love you more” 

“I love you too baby” he whispered leaning in and kissing her gently. “if you want to quit and do something else then I will support you anyway that I can” 

“thank you” she smiled. 

“Now I would love you to help me with all these wedding plans” she laughed gesturing to the pile of things they needed to sort through. 

“You got it” he smiled.