chapter 42

7 months later…

"So when is your flight?"

"It's on Saturday at 2:15pm. Don't worry Rachel, we'll be there before the baby's born. You still have two weeks till your due date." Maria said to her friend.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just so excited about the baby coming and you and Michael visiting. Can you believe it's been a year already?"

"It feels like last week we were saying good bye to you and Finn.

"Yeah. I always had a feeling that you and Michael would be the first to leave. Speaking of Michael, how is everything going between you and him?" Maria sighed before answering.

"Ok, I guess."

"Maria, what's wrong?"

"I don't know." Maria paused for a second. Michael was about to walk into the room but stopped and listened when he heard what Maria said next.

"Michael and I have been going out on and off for like what, 5 years and we've now been living together for almost a year and a half and I don't feel like it's going anywhere."

"Maria, do you love him?"

"Yes, of course I love him. I can't imagine my life without him." Michael smiled to himself and then went to their bedroom.

"Then everything will work out, trust me." Maria smiled and then said,

"Thanks Rachel."

"I will, see ya on Saturday."

"Bye Rachel."

Maria hung up the phone just as Michael walked in the room.

"Hey Spaceboy. Sit down." She said as she patted the spot on the couch beside her. He took her hand as he sat and looked deeply into her blue eyes.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Of course, I love you too." Michael smiled as she kissed him on the tip of his nose, his favorite place to be kissed.

"Maria, I love you with all my heart, and I always will. You've always been the one for me. When I had the chance to go home, I stayed because I couldn't even stand to think of living without you." Michael slid off the couch and got down on one knee and pulled out a black velvet box.

"Oh my god…" Maria whispered. Michael smiled at her and continued.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Maria Deluca, will you marry me?"

He opened the box to revile a simple silver band with a diamond in the middle. Maria got on the floor in front of him. Michael wiped away the tears that had begun to form in her eyes.

"Yes. Michael Guerin, there's nothing I want more than to be your wife." Michael smiled at her as he slipped the ring on her finger. Maria smiled back at him before they met in a passionate kiss.

Finn walked into the kitchen and saw that Rachel's back was facing him. He snuck in and put his hands over her eyes.

"Guess Who." Rachel smiled and giggled.

"Hmmm…this is a tough one. Finn maybe?" Finn removed his hands and smiled at her.

"Wow, you're good." He kissed turned her around and kissed her. They continued to kiss until they heard the doorbell.

"Dammit. We'll finish this later." Rachel kissed him one last time before she went to answer the door.

"Come on in." Finn said

"Surprise!" Isabel yelled.

"Isabel!" Rachel yelled as she hugged her. Isabel smiled and then pulled away and hugged her brother.

"It's been too long Izzy."

"I know. I've missed you." She pulled away from him just as Alex was pulling out of a hug with Liz.

"Good surprise?" Isabel asked.

"Great surprise." Finn answered.

"Well come in, dinner's probably getting cold." Rachel said as they all left the front hall and walked into the dinning room and all took their seats.

"I'll be right back." Rachel excused her self and walked to the bathroom.

"So, Finn, you excited about becoming a dad?" Alex asked. Finn's face instantly brightened up.

"Yeah, only two more weeks. It's amazing just to feel the baby move and kick." Rachel walked into the dinning room with a stunned look on her face.

"Rach, what's wrong?" Finn asked.

"My water just broke."