chapter 31

The rest of their stay in Hawaii was as beautiful as the start, they spent plenty of time swimming and relaxing but most of their time was spent in their room. Neither of them wanted the week to ever end but real life waited for them in Boston. They were flying to Roswell briefly to see both sets of parents before continuing on to New York where they would drive most of their staff too Boston. 

“I cant believe it’s over already” Finn said. 

“I know, but it’s been the best experience of my life” she smiled looking down at the stunning ring on her finger. She still couldn’t believe that she was his fiancée, that eventually they were going to get married and get the happily ever after she had always dreamed of. 

“Really?” Finn asked. 

“Yep” she replied leaning forward in her seat to give him a kiss. They were already halfway through their flight to Roswell. 

“So which set of parents do you want to tell first?” Finn finally asked the question. Since they had gotten engaged they hadn’t told anyone, they hadn’t been in contact with any family or friends since their first night in Hawaii and had decided afterwards that they would wait until they saw them in person to tell them their happy news. They both knew that their friends would be over the moon for them, Maria would start planning a double wedding or something like that, but they would all be stoked for them. It was Rachel's parents that they weren’t sure about. 

Finn had confided in Rachel that this time he hadn’t even approached her parents about asking her to marry him, knowing she wouldn’t want that and that this time he wasn’t willing to listen to them tell him no if that’s what they turned out saying. 

“I think we should start with yours” Rachel sighed. The Hudson's had always accepted their relationship without any problems so Rachel knew they would be happy for them and offer to do whatever they could. So far Finn and Rachel had decided to hold off for a while until they got married. Since they were both starting new jobs they knew they would be too busy to plan a wedding. 

“Ok” Finn smiled. They were only staying in Roswell overnight so their parents couldn’t cause too much grief in that time. 

“But we have to face your parents eventually” he told her. 

“I know” she sighed taking his welcoming hand in her own. 

It came as a surprise to both Finn and Rachel when they found Isabel and Alex waiting for them at the airport. 

“Oh my god what are you doing here?” Rachel cried as she rushed into Alex’s arms while Finn hugged his sister. 

“We all decided to come to Roswell for the week” Isabel explained. 

“Michael and Maria are here too?” Rachel asked excitedly. 

“Yeah they’re staying at Maria’s” Alex replied. 

“Oh let’s go there first” Rachel said exchanging looks with Finn. They had both wanted to tell their friends first but knew that was going to be hard since they were coming to Roswell first. 

“Ok, Maria planned on meeting with you at the Crashdown anyhow” they laughed. 

An hour later after chatting with Isabel and Alex about their holiday in the car and Rachel biting her tongue so she didn’t spill their wonderful news they pulled up in front of the Deluca’s. They had called Maria to tell them they would meet up with them their when they left the airport so it wasn’t surprising when they saw Maria come running out of the house when the car pulled up. 

“Oh Rachie I missed you” she said. 

“Me too” Rachel smiled. 

“Let the girl breath, Blondie” Michael joked.