Exodus 3:1-3:22

Moses and the Burning Bush

3 Now Moses👴🏽 was tending the 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫flock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 of Jethro his 👴father-in-law, the priest🤵 of Midian, and he led the 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫flock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 to2️⃣ the far side of the wilderness and came to2️⃣ Horeb, the mountain🗻 of God. 2 There the angel👼 of the Lord appeared👁️‍🗨️ to2️⃣ him👴🏽 in flames🎆 of 🔥fire🔥 from within a🅰️ bush🌳. Moses saw👀 that though the bush🌳 was on🔛 🔥fire🔥 it did 🚫not🚫 📛burn📛 up🆙. 3 So Moses👴🏽 thought🤔💭, “I will go over and see👀 this strange sight👁️‍🗨️➖  why the bush🌳 does 🚫not🚫 📛burn📛 up🆙.”

4 When the Lord saw👀 that he👴🏽 had gone over to2️⃣ look👀, God called📞 to2️⃣ him👴🏽 from within the bush🌳,“Moses👴🏽❗ Moses👴🏽❗”

And Moses👴🏽 said🗣️, “Here I am.”

5 “Do 🚫not🚫 come any closer,” God said🗣️. “Take off your sandals👡👡, for4️⃣ the place where you are standing🕴️ is 🙏👼holy😇✝️ ground.” 6 Then he said🗣️, “I am the God of your father👴, the God of Abraham👴, the God of Isaac👴 and the God of Jacob👴🏻.” At this, Moses👴🏽 hid his face, 🐝because he was 🅰️afraid😱 to2️⃣ look👀 at God.

7 The Lord said🗣️, “I have indeed seen👀 the misery😥 of my people👥 in Egypt. I have heard👂 them crying😭 out 🐝because of their slave drivers🚗🚘, and I am concerned 🅰️about their suffering😥. 8 So I have come down⬇️ to2️⃣ rescue them from the hand🤚 of the Egyptians and to2️⃣ bring them up🆙 out of that land🗺️ into2️⃣ a🅰️ good👍👌👌 and spacious land🗺️, a🅰️ land🗺️ flowing with milk🥛 and honey🍯 ➖ the home🏠 of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivitesand Jebusites. 9 And now the cry😭 of the Israelites👥 has reached me, and I have seen👀 the way the Egyptians are oppressing😥 them. 10 So now, go. I am sending📤 you to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳 to2️⃣ bring my people👥 the Israelites👥 out of Egypt.”

11 But Moses👴🏽 said🗣️ to2️⃣ God, “Who am I that I should go to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳 and bring the Israelites👥 out of Egypt?”

12 And God said🗣️, “I will be🐝 with you. And this will be🐝 the sign to2️⃣ you that it is I who have sent📤 you: When you have brought the people👥 out of Egypt, you will worship🙏🛐 God on 🔛this mountain🗻.”

13 Moses👴🏽 said🗣️ to2️⃣ God, “Suppose I go to2️⃣ the Israelites👥 and say🗣️ to2️⃣ them👥, ‘The God of your fathers👴 has sent📤 me to2️⃣ you,’ and they👥 ask🗣️ me, ‘What is his name❓’ Then what shall I tell🗣️ them👥❓”

14 God said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “I am who I am. This is what you are to2️⃣ say🗣️ to2️⃣ the Israelites👥: ‘I am has sent📤 me to2️⃣ you.’”

15 God also said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Say🗣️ to2️⃣ the Israelites👥, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers👴 ➖ the God of Abraham👴, the God of Isaac👴 and the God of Jacob👴🏻 ➖ has sent📤 me to2️⃣ you.’

“This is my name 4️⃣forever,
    the name you shall call📞 me
    from generation to2️⃣ generation.

16 “Go, 🅰️assemble the 👵👵🏻👵🏼👵🏽👵🏾👵🏿elders👴👴🏻👴🏼👴🏽👴🏾👴🏿 of Israel👴🏻 and say🗣️ to2️⃣ them👥, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers👴 ➖ the God of Abraham👴, Isaac👴 and Jacob👴🏼 ➖ appeared👁️‍🗨️ to2️⃣ me and said🗣️: I have watched👀 over you and have seen👀 what has been done to2️⃣ you in Egypt. 17 And I have promised to2️⃣ bring you up🆙 out of your misery😥 in Egypt into2️⃣ the land🗺️ of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites ➖ a🅰️ land🗺️ flowing with milk🥛 and honey🍯.’

18 “The 👵👵🏻👵🏼👵🏽👵🏾👵🏿elders👴👴🏻👴🏼👴🏽👴🏾👴🏿 of Israel👴🏻 will listen👂 to2️⃣ you. Then you and the 👵👵🏻👵🏼👵🏽👵🏾👵🏿elders👴👴🏻👴🏼👴🏽👴🏾👴🏿 are to2️⃣ go to2️⃣ the 👑king🤴 of Egypt and say🗣️ to2️⃣ him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us👥. Let us👥 take a🅰️ 3️⃣three-day☀️ journey into2️⃣ the wilderness to2️⃣ offer sacrifices to2️⃣ the Lord our God.’ 19 But I know🎓 that the 👑king🤴 of Egypt will 🚫not🚫 let you go unless a🅰️ mighty💪 hand🤚 compels him. 20 So I will stretch out my hand🤚 and 💢strike💢 the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform 🅰️among them. After that, he will let you go.

21 “And I will make the Egyptians favorably☺️ disposed 2️⃣toward this people👥, so that when you leave you will 🚫not🚫 go empty-handed. 22 Every woman is to2️⃣ ask🗣️ her neighbor and any woman living in her house🏠 for articles of silver🥈 and gold🏅 and for4️⃣ clothing👕👖👗👘👙👚👞👟👠👡👢, which you will put on🔛 your sons👬 and daughters👭. And so you will plunder the Egyptians.”