Exodus 19:1-19:25

At Mount Sinai

19 On the first🥇 ☀️day☀️ of the third🥉 month📅 after the Israelites left⬅️ Egypt ➖ on🔛 that very ☀️day☀️ ➖ they👥 came to2️⃣ the Desert🏜️ of Sinai. 2 After they👥 set out from Rephidim, they👥 entered↩️ the Desert🏜️ of Sinai, and Israel camped🎪 there in the desert🏜️ in front of the mountain🏔️.

3 Then Moses👴🏽 went up⬆️ to2️⃣ God, and the Lord called📞 to2️⃣ him from the mountain🏔️ and said🗣️, “This is what you are to2️⃣ say🗣️ to2️⃣ the descendants of Jacob👴 and what you are to2️⃣ tell🗣️ the people👥 of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen👁️ what I did to2️⃣ Egypt, and how I carried you on🔛 🦅eagles’ wings🦅 and brought you to2️⃣ myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of 🅰️all nations🌐 you will be🐝 my 💰💴💵💶💷💸💳treasured👑💍💎🏅🥇🥈🥉 possession💼. 🅰️Although the whole 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ is mine, 6 you will be🐝 for4️⃣ me a🅰️ kingdom🏯🏰 of priests🤵 and a🅰️ holy😇 nation🌐.’ These are the words🔠🔡 you are to2️⃣ speak🗣️ to2️⃣ the Israelites.”

7 So Moses👴🏽 went back🔙 and summoned the 👴👴🏻👴🏼👴🏽👴🏾👴🏿elders👵👵🏻👵🏼👵🏽👵🏾👵🏿 of the people👥 and set 🐝before4️⃣ them👥 🅰️all the words🔠🔡 the Lord had commanded🗣️ him to2️⃣ speak🗣️. 8 The people👥 all responded🗣️ 2️⃣together, “We will do everything the Lord has said🗣️.” So Moses👴🏽 brought their answer🗣️ back🔙 to2️⃣ the Lord.

9 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses, “I am going to2️⃣ come to2️⃣ you in a🅰️ dense ☁️cloud☁️, so that the people👥 will hear👂 me speaking🗣️ with you and will 🅰️always put their trust in you.” Then Moses👴🏽 told🗣️ the Lord what the people👥 had said🗣️.

10 And the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Go to2️⃣ the people👥 and consecrate them 2️⃣today☀️ and 2️⃣tomorrow. Have them wash🌊💧 their clothes👕👖👗👘👙👚👞👟👠👡👢 11 and be🐝 ready by the third🥉 ☀️day☀️, 🐝because on🔛 that ☀️day☀️ the Lord will come down⬇️ on🔛 Mount⛰️ Sinai in the sight👁️ of all the people👥. 12 Put limits for4️⃣ the people👥 🅰️around🔃🔄 the mountain🏔️ and tell🗣️ them👥, ‘Be🐝 careful that you do 🚫not🚫 🅰️approach the mountain🏔️ or touch☝️ the foot👣 of it. Whoever touches☝️ the mountain🏔️ is to2️⃣ be🐝 put to2️⃣ ☠️death☠️. 13 They are to2️⃣ be🐝 stoned🗿 or shot🔫 with arrows🏹; 🚫not🚫 a🅰️ hand🤚 is to2️⃣ be🐝 laid on🔛 them👥. 🚫No🚫 person👤 or 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 shall be🐝 permitted to2️⃣ live.’ Only when the ram’s🐂🐃 horn🦄 sounds🔊📣 a🅰️ long blast may they 🅰️approach the mountain🏔️.”

14 After Moses👴🏽 had gone down⬇️ the mountain🏔️ to2️⃣ the people👥, he consecrated them👥, and they👥 washed🌊💧 their clothes👕👖👗👘👙👚👞👟👠👡👢. 15 Then he said🗣️ to2️⃣ the people👥, “Prepare yourselves for4️⃣ the third🥉 ☀️day☀️. 🚫Abstain🚫 from sexual😍😘😰🍆🍑💦💦 relations.”

16 On🔛 the 🌥️morning🌥️ of the third🥉 ☀️day☀️ there was thunder⚡ and 🌩️lightning🌩️, with a🅰️ thick ☁️cloud☁️ over the mountain🏔️, and a🅰️ very loud🔊 trumpet🎺 blast. Everyone1️⃣ in the camp trembled😖. 17 Then Moses👴🏽 led the people👥 out of the camp🎪 to2️⃣ meet🤝 with God, and they👥 stood🕴️ at the foot👣 of the mountain🏔️. 18 Mount⛰️ Sinai was covered with smoke💨🚬, 🐝because the Lord descended⬇️ on🔛 it in 🔥fire🔥. The smoke💨🚬 billowed up⬆️ from it like smoke💨🚬 from a🅰️ furnace, and the whole mountain🏔️ trembled😖 violently. 19 As the sound🔊 of the trumpet🎺 grew louder🔈🔉 and louder🔊, Moses👴🏽 spoke🗣️ and the voice🗣️ of God answered🗣️ him.

20 The Lord descended⬇️ to2️⃣ the top🔝 of Mount⛰️ Sinai and called📞 Moses👴🏽 to2️⃣ the top🔝 of the mountain🏔️. So Moses👴🏽 went up⬆️ 21 and the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ him👴🏽, “Go down⬇️ and warn🗣️⚠️ the people👥 so they👥 do ❌not❌ force their way through to2️⃣ see👁️ the Lord and many of them ☠️perish☠️. 22 Even the priests🤵, who 🅰️approach the Lord, must consecrate themselves, or the Lord will break💔 out 🅰️against them👥.”

23 Moses👴🏽 said🗣️ to2️⃣ the Lord, “The people👥 ❌cannot❌ come up⬆️ Mount⛰️ Sinai, 🐝because you yourself warned🗣️⚠️ us, ‘Put limits 🅰️around🔃🔄 the mountain🏔️ and set it 🅰️apart as holy😇.’”

24 The Lord replied🗣️, “Go down⬇️ and bring Aaron up⬆️ with you. But the priests🤵 and the people👥 must ❌not❌ force their way through to2️⃣ come up⬆️ to2️⃣ the Lord, or he will break💔 out 🅰️against them👥.”

25 So Moses👴🏽 went down⬇️ to2️⃣ the people👥 and told🗣️ them👥.