Exodus 8:1-8:32

8  Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Go to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳 and say🗣️ to2️⃣ him, ‘This is what the Lord says🗣️: Let my people👥 go, so that they may worship🛐🙏 me. 2 If you 🚫refuse🚫 to2️⃣ let them👥 go, I will send📤 a🅰️ plague of frogs🐸 on🔛 your whole country🌐. 3 The Nile🏞️ will teem with frogs🐸. They👥 will come up🆙 into2️⃣ your palace🏯🏰🕌🕍 and your bedroom🛌🛏️ and 🔛onto2️⃣ your bed🛌🛏️, into2️⃣ the houses🏘️ of your officials and on🔛 your people👥, and into2️⃣ your ovens and kneading troughs. 4 The frogs🐸 will come up🆙 on🔛 you and your people👥 and all your officials.’”

5 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Tell Aaron, ‘Stretch out your hand🤚 with your staff🏑🏒 over the streams🏞️ and canals🏞️ and ponds🏖️, and make frogs🐸 come up🆙 on🔛 the land🗺️ of Egypt.’”

6 So Aaron stretched out his hand🤚 over the 🌊💧waters💦💦 of Egypt, and the frogs🐸 came up🆙 and covered the land🗺️. 7 But the magicians✨🎱🔮 did the same things by their secret arts🎼🖌️🖍️🎨👨‍🎨👩‍🎨🎭🥋; they👥 🅰️also ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 frogs🐸 come up🆙 on🔛 the land🗺️ of Egypt.

8 Pharaoh👳 summoned Moses👴🏽 and Aaron and said🗣️, “Pray🙏 to2️⃣ the Lord to2️⃣ take the frogs🐸 🅰️away from me and my people👥, and I will let your people👥 go to2️⃣ offer sacrifices to2️⃣ the Lord.”

9 Moses👴🏽 said🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, “I leave to2️⃣ you the honor of setting the ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 for4️⃣ me to2️⃣ pray🙏 for4️⃣ you and your officials and your people👥 that you and your houses🏘️ may be🐝 rid of the frogs🐸, except for4️⃣ those that remain in the Nile🏞️.”

10 “Tomorrow📆,” Pharaoh👳 said🗣️.

Moses👴🏽 replied🗣️, “It will be🐝 as you say🗣️, so that you may know🎓 there is 🚫no🚫 one1️⃣ like the Lord our God. 11 The frogs🐸 will leave you 🅰️and your houses🏘️, your officials and your people👥; they will remain only in the Nile🏞️.”

12 After Moses👴🏽 and Aaron left⬅️ Pharaoh👳, Moses👴🏽 cried😭 out to2️⃣ the Lord 🆎about the frogs🐸 he had brought on🔛 Pharaoh👳. 13 And the Lord did what Moses👴🏽 asked🗣️. The frogs🐸 ☠️died☠️ in the houses🏘️, in the courtyards and in the fields🏞️. 14 They were piled into2️⃣ heaps, and the land🗺️ reeked of them. 15 But when Pharaoh👳 saw👁️ that there was relief😌, he hardened his 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 and would 🚫not🚫 listen👂 to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽 and Aaron, just as the Lord had said🗣️.

The Plague of Gnats

16 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Tell🗣️ Aaron, ‘Stretch out your staff🏑🏒 and strike the 🌪️dust🌫️ of the ground,’ and throughout the land🗺️ of Egypt the 🌪️dust🌫️ will 🐝become gnats🐜.” 17 They👥 did this, and when Aaron stretched out his hand🤚 with the staff🏑🏒 and struck the 🌪️dust🌫️ of the ground, gnats🐜 came on🔛 people👥 and 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animals🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋. All the 🌪️dust🌫️ throughout the land🗺️ of Egypt 🐝became gnats🐜. 18 But when the magicians🔮🎱✨ tried to2️⃣ produce gnats🐜 by their secret arts, they👥 could 🚫not🚫.

Since the gnats🐜 were on🔛 people👥 and 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animals🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 everywhere, 19 the magicians✨🎱🔮 said🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, “This is the finger☝️ of God.” But Pharaoh’s👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 was hard and he would not listen👂, just 🅰️as the Lord had said🗣️.

The Plague of Flies

20 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Get up🆙 early in the 🌥️morning🌥️ and confront Pharaoh👳 as he goes to2️⃣ the river🏞️ and say🗣️ to2️⃣ him, ‘This is what the Lord says🗣️: Let my people👥 go, so that they may worship🛐🙏 me. 21 If you do 🚫not🚫 let my people👥 go, I will send📤 swarms of flies🐝 on🔛 you and your officials, on🔛 your people👥 and into2️⃣ your houses🏘️. The houses🏘️ of the Egyptians will be full of flies🐝; even the ground will be🐝 covered with them.

22 “‘But on🔛 that ☀️day☀️ I will deal🃏 differently with the land🗺️ of Goshen, where my people👥 live; 🚫no🚫 swarms of flies🐝 will be🐝 there, so that you will know🎓 that I, the Lord, 🅰️am in this land🗺️. 23 I will make a🅰️ distinction ➡️between⬅️ my people🛐 🅰️and your people👥. This sign will occur tomorrow📆.’”

24 And the Lord did this. Dense swarms of flies🐝 poured into2️⃣ Pharaoh’s👳 palace🏯🏰🕌🕍 and into2️⃣ the houses🏘️ of his officials; throughout Egypt the land🗺️ was ruined by the flies🐝.

25 Then Pharaoh👳 summoned Moses👴🏽 and Aaron and said🗣️, “Go, sacrifice to2️⃣ your God here in the land🗺️.”

26 But Moses👴🏽 said🗣️, “That would 🚫not🚫 be🐝 right➡️. The sacrifices we offer the Lord our God would be🐝 detestable to2️⃣ the Egyptians. And if we offer sacrifices that 🅰️are detestable in their eyes👀, will they 🚫not🚫 stone🗿 us❓ 27 We must take a🅰️ 3️⃣three-day☀️ journey into2️⃣ the wilderness to2️⃣ offer sacrifices to2️⃣ the Lord our God, 🅰️as he commands🗣️ us👥.”

28 Pharaoh👳 said🗣️, “I will let you go to2️⃣ offer sacrifices to2️⃣ the Lord your God in the wilderness, but you must 🚫not🚫 go very far. Now pray🛐🙏 for4️⃣ me.”

29 Moses👴🏽 answered🗣️, “🅰️As soon 🅰️as I leave you, I will pray🛐🙏 to2️⃣ the Lord, and tomorrow📆 the flies🐝 will leave Pharaoh👳 and his officials and his people👥. Only let Pharaoh👳 be🐝 sure that he does 🚫not🚫 act deceitfully😈 again by 🚫not🚫 letting the people go to2️⃣ offer sacrifices to2️⃣ the Lord.”

30 Then Moses👴🏽 left⬅️ Pharaoh👳 and prayed🛐🙏 to2️⃣ the Lord, 31 and the Lord did what Moses👴🏽 asked🗣️. The flies🐝 left⬅️ Pharaoh👳 and his officials and his people👥; 🚫not🚫 a🅰️ fly🐝 remained. 32 But this ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 🅰️also Pharaoh👳 hardened his 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 and would 🚫not🚫 let the people👥 go.