Exodus 22:1-22:31

Protection of Property

22 "Whoever steals 🅰️an ox🐂🐃 or a🅰️ 🐏sheep🐑 and slaughters it or 💰sells💰 it must 💰pay💰 back🔙 five5️⃣ head of 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫cattle🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 for4️⃣ the ox🐂🐃 and four4️⃣ 🐑sheep🐏 for4️⃣ the 🐑sheep🐏.

2 "If a🅰️ thief is caught breaking💔 in at 🌙night🌙 and is struck a🅰️ ☠️fatal☠️ blow💨, the defender🛡️ is 🚫not🚫 guilty of bloodshed; 3 but if it happens after 🌞sunrise⬆️, the defender🛡️ is guilty of bloodshed.

"🅰️Anyone1️⃣ who steals must certainly ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 restitution, but if they👥 have nothing, they👥 must be🐝 💰sold💰 to2️⃣ 💰pay💰 for4️⃣ their theft. 4 If the stolen 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 is found 🅰️alive in their possession💼 ➖ whether ox🐂🐃 or 🐴donkey🐎 or 🐏sheep🐑 ➖ they👥 must 💰pay💰 back🔙 double✖️2️⃣.

5 "If anyone1️⃣ grazes their 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫 livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 in a🅰️ field🏞️ or vineyard and lets them👥 stray and they👥 graze in someone1️⃣ else's field🏞️, the offender must ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 restitution from the best🏆🎖️🏅🥇 of their own field🏞️ or vineyard🍇🍷.

6 "If a🅰️ 🔥fire🔥 breaks💔 out and spreads↔️ into2️⃣ 🌹thornbushes🌳🌳 so that it 🔥burns🔥 ⚡shocks⚡ of grain🌽 or standing🕴️ grain🌽 or the whole field🏞️, the one1️⃣ who started the 🔥fire🔥 must ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 restitution.

7 "If anyone1️⃣ gives a🅰️ neighbor silver🥈 or goods👍👌👌 for4️⃣ ⛑️safekeeping and they👥 are stolen from the neighbor's house🏠, the thief, if caught, must 💰pay💰 back🔙 double✖️2️⃣. 8 But if the thief is 🚫not🚫 found, the owner of the house🏠 must 🅰️appear 🐝before4️⃣ the judges👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️, and they👥 must determine🤔 whether the owner of the house🏠 has laid hands👐 on🔛 the other person's👤 property💼. 9 In 🅰️all cases of illegal⚖️ possession💼 of 🅰️an ox🐂🐃, 🅰️a 🐴donkey🐎, 🅰️a 🐏sheep🐑, 🅰️a garment👕👖👗👘👙👚, or 🅰️any other lost property💼 🅰️about which somebody says🗣️, 'This is mine,' both 🎉parties🎊 are to2️⃣ bring their cases 🐝before4️⃣ the judges👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️. The one1️⃣ whom the judges👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️ declare guilty must 💰pay💰 back🔙 double✖️2️⃣ to2️⃣ the other.

10 "If anyone1️⃣ gives a🅰️ donkey, 🅰️an ox, 🅰️a 🐑sheep🐏 or 🅰️any other 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 to2️⃣ their neighbor for4️⃣ 🔒🗄️safekeeping and it ☠️dies☠️ or is injured or is taken 🅰️away while ❌no❌ one1️⃣ is looking👀, 11 the issue ➡️between⬅️ them👥 will be🐝 settled by the taking of 🅰️an 🗣️oath 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord that the neighbor did ❌not❌ lay hands👐 on🔛 the other person's property🏡. The owner is to2️⃣ accept☑️ this, and ❌no❌ restitution is required. 12 But if the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 was stolen from the neighbor, restitution must be🐝 ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 to2️⃣ the owner. 13 If it was torn💔 to2️⃣ pieces🍉🍞🍰 by a🅰️ 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀wild🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋, the neighbor shall bring in the remains 🅰️as evidence and shall ❌not❌ be🐝 required to2️⃣ 💰pay💰 for4️⃣ the torn💔 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋.

14 "If 🅰️anyone borrows 🅰️an 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 from their neighbor and it is injured or ☠️dies☠️ while the owner is ❌not❌ present🎁, they must ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 restitution. 15 But if the owner is with the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋, the borrower will ❌not❌ have to2️⃣ 💰pay💰. If the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 was hired👔, the 💰💸💳money💴💵💶💷 💰paid💰 for4️⃣ the hire👔 covers the loss.

Social Responsibility

16 "If a🅰️ man seduces😍 a🅰️ virgin who is 🚫not🚫 pledged to2️⃣ be🐝 married🤵👰💍 and sleeps😰🍆💦💦 with her, he must 💰pay💰 the 👰bride-price💸💳, and she shall be🐝 his wife💍. 17 If her father👴 absolutely 🚫refuses🚫 to2️⃣ give her to2️⃣ him, he must still 💰pay💰 the 👰bride-price💸💳 for4️⃣ virgins.

18 "Do 🚫not🚫 🅰️allow☑️ a🅰️ sorceress to2️⃣ live.

19 "🅰️Anyone1️⃣ who has 😰🍆💦💦sexual relations with 🅰️an 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 is to2️⃣ be🐝 put to2️⃣ 💀death💀.

20 "Whoever sacrifices to2️⃣ 🅰️any god other than the Lord must be🐝 💣💥destroyed💥💣.

21 "Do 🚫not🚫 mistreat🍦🍧🍩🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬🍭🍮🍯 or oppress😥 a🅰️ foreigner, for4️⃣ you were foreigners in Egypt.

22 "Do 🚫not🚫 take ➕advantage➕ of the widow or the 👴fatherless. 23 If you do and they cry😭 out to2️⃣ me, I will certainly hear👂 their cry😭. 24 My 😡anger😡 will be🐝 😚aroused😚, and I will ☠️kill☠️ you with the ⚔️sword⚔️; your wives👭 will 🐝become widows and your 👶👦👧children 👴fatherless.

25 "If you lend 💰💸💳money💴💵💶💷 to2️⃣ one1️⃣ of my people👥 🅰️among you who is needy, do ❎not❎ treat🍦🍧🍩🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬🍭🍮🍯 it like a🅰️ business👔💼 deal☑️; ➕charge➕ ❎no❎ interest. 26 If you take your neighbor's cloak👘 as a🅰️ pledge🗣️, return it by 🌞sunset🌅, 27 🐝because that cloak👘 is the only covering your neighbor has. What else can they👥 sleep😴 in❓ When they👥 cry😭 out to2️⃣ me, I will hear👂, for4️⃣ I am compassionate😊🤗.

28 "Do ❎not❎ blaspheme🗣️😠 God or curse💫 the ruler📏📐 of your people👥.

29 "Do ❎not❎ hold back🔙 offerings from your granaries or your vats.

"You must give me the 🥇firstborn🤰 of your sons👬. 30 Do the same with your 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫cattle🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 and your 🐏sheep🐑. Let them👥 stay with their👥 mothers👵 for4️⃣ seven7️⃣ days📅, but give them👥 to2️⃣ me on🔛 the eighth8️⃣ ☀️day☀️.

31 "You are to2️⃣ be🐝 my holy😇 people👥. So do ❎not❎ eat the meat of 🅰️an 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 torn💔 by wild😲 beasts👹👺; throw it to2️⃣ the dogs🐶🐕🐩🐺🦊.