Exodus 28:1-28:43

The Priestly Garments

28 “Have Aaron your brother👦 brought to2️⃣ you from 🅰️among the Israelites👥, 🅰️along with his sons👬 Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, so they👥 may serve me 🅰️as priests🤵. 2 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 sacred garments👗👘 for4️⃣ your brother👦 Aaron to2️⃣ give him dignity and honor. 3 Tell🗣️ 🅰️all the skilled workers to2️⃣ whom I have given wisdom🎓 in such matters that they👥 🅰️are to2️⃣ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 garments👗👘 for4️⃣ Aaron, for4️⃣ his consecration👨‍👩‍👧‍👦, so he may serve me 🅰️as priest🤵. 4 These 🅰️are the garments👗👘 they👥 🅰️are to2️⃣ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨: a🅰️ breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬, 🅰️an ephod, 🅰️a robe👘, 🅰️a woven tunic👕, 🅰️a turban👳 and a🅰️ sash. They👥 🅰️are to2️⃣ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 these sacred garments👗👘 for4️⃣ your brother👦 Aaron and his sons👬, so they👥 may serve me 🅰️as priests🤵. 5 Have them👥 use gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, and 💙blue💙, 💜purple💜 and 🔴scarlet🔴 yarn, and fine linen👕👖👗👘👚.

The Ephod

6 “⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 the ephod of gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, and of 💙blue💙, 💜purple💜 and 🔴scarlet🔴 yarn, and of finely twisted linen👕👖👗👘👚 ➖ the work of skilled hands👐. 7 It is to2️⃣ have two2️⃣ shoulder 🍉🌽🥜🍞🍬pieces🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫 🅰️attached to2️⃣ two2️⃣ of its corners, so it can be🐝 fastened. 8 Its skillfully woven waistband is to2️⃣ be🐝 like it ➖ of one1️⃣ 🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿piece🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 with the ephod and ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 with gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, and with 💙blue💙, 💜purple💜 and 🔴scarlet🔴 yarn, and with finely twisted linen👕👖👗👘👚.

9 “Take two2️⃣ onyx stones🗿 and engrave on🔛 them👥 the names of the sons👬 of Israel 10 in the order of their birth🤰➖  six6️⃣ names on🔛 one1️⃣ stone🗿 and the remaining six6️⃣ on🔛 the other. 11 Engrave the names of the sons👬 of Israel on🔛 the two2️⃣ stones🗿 the way a🅰️ gem💎 cutter✂️ engraves a🅰️ seal. Then mount the stones🗿 in gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 filigree settings 12 and fasten them👥 on🔛 the shoulder 🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿pieces🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 of the ephod 🅰️as memorial stones🗿 for4️⃣ the sons👬 of Israel. Aaron is to2️⃣ bear🐻🐼 the names on🔛 his shoulders 🅰️as 🅰️a memorial 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord.13 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 filigree settings 14 and two2️⃣ braided 🔗chains🔗 of pure gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, like a🅰️ rope, and 🅰️attach the 🔗chains🔗 to2️⃣ the settings.

The Breastpiece

15 “Fashion🕶️ a🅰️ breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 for4️⃣ ⛏️⚒️making🛠️🔨 decisions ➖ the work of skilled hands👐. ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 it like the ephod: of gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, and of 💙blue💙, 💜purple💜 and 🔴scarlet🔴 yarn, and of finely twisted linen👕👖👗👘👙👚. 16 It is to2️⃣ be🐝 square⬛⬜ ➖ a🅰️ span long and a🅰️ span wide ➖ 🅰️and folded double✖️2️⃣. 17 Then mount four4️⃣ rows of precious💎 stones🗿 on🔛 it. The first🥇 row shall be🐝 carnelian, chrysolite 🅰️and beryl; 18 the second🥈 row shall be🐝 turquoise, lapis lazuli 🅰️and emerald; 19 the third🥉 row shall be🐝 jacinth, agate 🅰️and amethyst; 20 the fourth4️⃣ row shall be🐝 topaz, onyx 🅰️and jasper. Mount them👥 in gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 filigree settings. 21 There are to2️⃣ be🐝 twelve1️⃣2️⃣ stones🗿, one1️⃣ for4️⃣ each of the names of the sons👬 of Israel, each engraved like 🅰️a seal with the name of one1️⃣ of the twelve1️⃣2️⃣ tribes.

22 “For4️⃣ the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 braided 🔗chains🔗 of pure gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇, like a🅰️ rope. 23 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 two2️⃣ gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 rings💍 for4️⃣ it 🅰️and fasten them👥 to2️⃣ two2️⃣ corners of the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🥓🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬. 24 Fasten the two2️⃣ gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 🔗chains🔗 to2️⃣ the rings💍 🅰️at the corners of the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🥓🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬, 25 🅰️and the other ends of the 🔗chains🔗 to2️⃣ the two2️⃣ settings, 🅰️attaching them👥 to2️⃣ the shoulder pieces🍉🌽🥜🥓🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 of the ephod 🅰️at the front. 26 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 two2️⃣ gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 rings💍 and 🅰️attach them👥 to2️⃣ the other two2️⃣ corners of the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 on🔛 the inside edge next to2️⃣ the ephod. 27 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 two2️⃣ more gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 rings💍 and 🅰️attach them👥 to2️⃣ the bottom⬇️ of the shoulder pieces🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 on🔛 the front of the ephod, close to2️⃣ the seam just 🅰️above⬆️ the waistband of the ephod. 28 The rings💍 of the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 are to2️⃣ be🐝 tied to2️⃣ the rings💍 of the ephod with 💙blue💙 cord, connecting it to2️⃣ the waistband, so that the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 will 🚫not🚫 swing out from the ephod.

29 “Whenever Aaron enters↩️ the Holy😇 Place, he will bear🐻🐼 the names of the sons👬 of Israel over his ❤️💙💚💛💜🖤heart on🔛 the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬 of decision 🅰️as a🅰️ continuing memorial 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord. 30 🅰️Also put the Urim 🅰️and the Thummim in the breastpiece🍉🌽🥜🍞🍿🍪🎂🍰🍫🍬, so they👥 may be🐝 over Aaron’s ❤️💙💚💛💜🖤heart whenever he enters↩️ the presence of the Lord. Thus Aaron will 🅰️always bear🐻🐼 the means of ⛏️⚒️making🛠️🔨 decisions for4️⃣ the Israelites over his ❤️💙💚💛💜🖤heart 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord.

Other Priestly Garments

31 “⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 the robe👘 of the ephod entirely of 💙blue💙 cloth👗👘, 32 with 🅰️an opening for4️⃣ the head in its center🎯. There shall be🐝 a🅰️ woven edge like a🅰️ collar👔 🅰️around🔃🔄 this opening, so that it will 🚫not🚫 tear😢. 33 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 pomegranates of 💙blue💙, 💜purple💜 and 🔴scarlet🔴 yarn 🅰️around🔃🔄 the hem of the robe👘, with gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 bells🔔 ➡️between⬅️ them👥. 34 The gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 bells🔔 and the pomegranates 🅰️are to2️⃣ alternate 🅰️around🔃🔄 the hem of the robe👘. 35 Aaron must wear it when he ministers😇🤵🛐. The 🔊sound👂 of the bells🔔 will be🐝 heard👂🔊 when he enters↩️ the Holy😇 Place 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord 🅰️and when he comes out, so that he will 🚫not🚫 💀die💀.

36 “⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 a🅰️ plate🍛🍝🍮🥞 of pure gold🎖️🏆🏅🥇 and engrave on🔛 it 🅰️as on🔛 a🅰️ seal: holy😇 to2️⃣ the Lord. 37 Fasten a🅰️ 💙blue💙 cord to2️⃣ it to2️⃣ 🅰️attach it to2️⃣ the turban👳; it is to2️⃣ be🐝 on🔛 the front of the turban👳. 38 It will be🐝 on🔛 Aaron’s 4️⃣forehead, and he will bear🐻🐼 the guilt involved in the sacred 🎁gifts🎁 the Israelites consecrate, whatever their 🎁gifts🎁 may be🐝. It will be🐝 on🔛 Aaron’s 4️⃣forehead continually so that they👥 will be🐝 🅰️acceptable☑️ to2️⃣ the Lord.

39 “Weave the tunic👕👚 of fine linen👗👘 and ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 the turban👳 of fine linen👗👘. The sash is to2️⃣ be🐝 the work of 🅰️an embroiderer. 40 ⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 tunics👕👚, sashes and caps👒🎩🎓⛑️ for4️⃣ Aaron’s sons👬 to2️⃣ give them👥 dignity and honor. 41 🅰️After you put these clothes on🔛 your brother👦 Aaron and his sons👬, 🅰️anoint 🅰️and ordain them👥. Consecrate them👥 so they👥 may serve me as priests🤵.

42 “⛏️⚒️Make🛠️🔨 linen👗👘 undergarments as a🅰️ covering for4️⃣ the body, reaching from the waist to2️⃣ the thigh. 43 🅰️Aaron and his sons👬 must wear them👥 whenever they enter↩️ the tent⛺ of meeting🤝 or 🅰️approach the altar🛐 to2️⃣ minister🤵 in the Holy😇 Place, so that they👥 will 🚫not🚫 incur guilt and 💀die💀.

“This is to2️⃣ be🐝 a🅰️ lasting ordinance for4️⃣ Aaron and his descendants."