Exodus 34:1-34:35

The New Stone Tablets

34 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Chisel out two2️⃣ stone🗿 tablets like the 🏅first🏆🥇 ones1️⃣, 🅰️and I will write✍️ on🔛 them👥 the words🔠🔡 that were on🔛 the 🥇🏆first🏅 tablets, which you broke💔. 2 Be🐝 ready in the 🌥️morning🌥️, 🅰️and then come up⬆️ on🔛 Mount⛰️ Sinai. 🎁Present yourself to2️⃣ me there on🔛 top🔝 of the mountain🏔️. 3 ❎No❎ one1️⃣ is to2️⃣ come with you or be🐝 seen👁️ 🅰️anywhere on🔛 the mountain🏔️; ❎not❎ even the 🦃🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥flocks🐦🐧🕊️🦅🦆🦉 and 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫herds🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 may graze🌽 in front of the mountain🏔️.”

4 So Moses👴🏽 chiseled out two2️⃣ stone🗿 tablets like the 🏅🥇first🏆 ones1️⃣ and went up⬆️ Mount🏔️ Sinai early in the 🌥️morning🌥️, 🅰️as the Lord had commanded🗣️ him; 🅰️and he carried the two2️⃣ stone🗿 tablets in his hands👐. 5 Then the Lord came down⬇️ in the ☁️cloud☁️ and stood🕴️ there with him 🅰️and proclaimed🗣️ his name, the Lord. 6 🅰️And he passed in front of Moses👴🏽, proclaiming🗣️, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate😍 🅰️and gracious God, slow🐌 to2️⃣ anger😣, 🆎abounding in 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙love💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 🅰️and 😇🙏faithfulness, 7 maintaining 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙love💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 to2️⃣ thousands1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣, 🅰️and 4️⃣forgiving wickedness, ✊rebellion✊ 🅰️and sin😈. Yet he does ❎not❎ leave the guilty unpunished; he 🔒punishes🔒 the children👶👦👧 and their👥 children👶👦👧 for4️⃣ the sin😈 of the parents👴👵 to2️⃣ the third🥉 and fourth4️⃣ generation👨‍👩‍👧‍👦.”

8 Moses👴🏽 bowed🙇 to2️⃣ the ground 🅰️at once 🅰️and 🙏worshiped🙏. 9 “Lord,” he said🗣️, “if I have found favor☺️ in your eyes👀, then let the Lord go with us👥. 🅰️Although this is a🅰️ stiff-necked people👥, 4️⃣forgive our👥 wickedness 🅰️and our👥 sin😈, 🅰️and take us👥 as your inheritance.”

10 Then the Lord said🗣️: “I 🅰️am ⛏️⚒️making🛠️🔨 a🅰️ covenant with you. 🐝Before4️⃣ 🅰️all your people👥 I will do ✳️wonders✳️ never 🐝before4️⃣ done in 🅰️any nation🌐 in 🅰️all the 🌍🌎world🌏🗺️. The people👥 you live 🅰️among will see👀 how 🅰️awesome😎 is the work that I, the Lord, will do 4️⃣for you. 11 Obey what I command🗣️ you 2️⃣today☀️. I will drive🚗🚘 out 🐝before4️⃣ you the 🅰️Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites 🅰️and Jebusites. 12 Be🐝 careful ❎not❎ to2️⃣ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 a🅰️ treaty📜 with those who live in the land🗺️ where you 🅰️are going, or they👥 will be🐝 a🅰️ snare🥁 🅰️among you. 13 Break💔 down⬇️ their👥 🛐altars, 🥊smash🥊 their sacred😇 stones🗿 🅰️and cut✂️ down⬇️ their👥 🅰️Asherah poles🏑🏒. 14 Do ❎not❎ 👁️worship🙏 🅰️any other god, for4️⃣ the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a🅰️ jealous God.

15 “Be🐝 careful ❎not❎ to2️⃣ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 a🅰️ treaty📜 with those👥 who live in the land🗺️; for4️⃣ when they👥 👯prostitute👯 👥themselves to2️⃣ their👥 gods 🅰️and sacrifice to2️⃣ them👥, they👥 will invite you 🅰️and you will eat their👥 sacrifices. 16 🅰️And when you choose some of their daughters👭 🅰️as wives👭 4️⃣for your sons👬 🅰️and those daughters👭 👯prostitute👯 👥themselves to2️⃣ their👥 gods, they👥 will lead your sons👬 to2️⃣ do the same.

17 “Do ❎not❎ ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 🅰️any idols.

18 “🎉Celebrate🎉 the 🎊Festival🎊 of Unleavened 🍞Bread🥖. 4️⃣For 7️⃣seven days📆 eat 🍞bread🥖 ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 ⛔without⛔ yeast, 🅰️as I commanded🗣️ you. Do this 🅰️at the 🅰️appointed ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 in the month📅 of 🅰️Aviv, for4️⃣ in that month📅 you came out of Egypt.

19 “The 🏆first🥇 offspring of every womb🤰 🐝belongs to2️⃣ me, including 🅰️all the 🥇firstborn🤰 males♂️ of your 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫 livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥, whether from 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫herd🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 or 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫flock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥. 20 Redeem the 🥇firstborn🤰 🐴donkey🐎 with a🅰️ 🐏lamb🐑, but if you do ❎not❎ redeem it, break💔 its neck. Redeem 🅰️all your 🥇firstborn🤰 sons👬.

“❌No❌ one1️⃣ is to2️⃣ 🅰️appear 🐝before4️⃣ me empty-handed🤚.

21 “Six6️⃣ days📅 you shall labor, but on🔛 the seventh7️⃣ ☀️day☀️ you shall 💤rest💤; even during the plowing season❄️⛱️🍂🌷 🅰️and harvest🍂 you must 💤rest💤.

22 “🎉Celebrate🎉 the 🎊Festival🎊 of Weeks📅 with the 🏆first🥇 🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍fruits🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝 of the wheat harvest🍂, 🅰️and the 🎊Festival🎊 of Ingathering 🅰️at the ⤴️turn⤵️ of the year📅. 23 Three3️⃣ ⌚⏰⏱️times⏲️🕰️🕛 a🅰️ year📅 🅰️all your men👬 are to2️⃣ 🅰️appear 🐝before4️⃣ the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive🚗🚘 out nations🌐 🐝before4️⃣ you 🅰️and 🔎enlarge🔍 your territory, 🅰️and ❌no❌ one1️⃣ will covet your land🗺️ when you go up⬆️ three3️⃣ ⌚⏰⏱️times⏲️🕰️🕛 each year📅 to2️⃣ 🅰️appear 🐝before4️⃣ the Lord your God.

25 “Do ❌not❌ offer the blood of a🅰️ sacrifice to2️⃣ me 🅰️along with 🅰️anything containing yeast, 🅰️and do ❌not❌ let 🅰️any of the sacrifice from the Passover 🎊Festival🎊 remain until 🌥️morning🌥️.

26 “Bring the best🏆 of the 🏆first🥇 🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍fruits🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝 of your soil to2️⃣ the house🏠 of the Lord your God.

“Do ❌not❌ cook a🅰️ young👶 goat🐐 in its mother’s milk🍼🥛.”

27 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Write✍️ down⬇️ these words🔠🔡, for4️⃣ in 🅰️accordance with these words🔡🔠 I have ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 a🅰️ covenant with you 🅰️and with Israel.”28 👴🏽Moses was there with the Lord forty4️⃣0️⃣ days📆 🅰️and forty4️⃣0️⃣ 🌙nights🌙 without eating 🍞bread🥖 or drinking🍶 🌊💧water💦💦. 🅰️And he wrote✍️ on🔛 the tablets the words🔠🔡 of the covenant ➖ the Ten🔟 Commandments.

The Radiant Face of Moses

29 When Moses👴🏽 came down⬇️ from Mount⛰️ Sinai with the two2️⃣ tablets of the covenant law⚖️ in his hands👐, he was ❌not❌ 🅰️aware that his face was ☢️radiant☢️ 🐝because he had spoken🗣️ with the Lord. 30 When 🅰️Aaron and 🅰️all the Israelites saw👁️ Moses👴🏽, his face was ☢️radiant☢️, 🅰️and they👥 were 🅰️afraid to2️⃣ come near him. 31 But Moses👴🏽 called📞 to2️⃣ them👥; so 🅰️Aaron and 🅰️all the leaders of the community🏘️ came back🔙 to2️⃣ him, 🅰️and he spoke🗣️ to2️⃣ them👥. 32 🅰️Afterward 🅰️all the Israelites came near him, 🅰️and he gave them👥 🅰️all the commands🗣️ the Lord had given him on🔛 Mount⛰️ Sinai.

33 When Moses👴🏽 finished🏁 speaking🗣️ to2️⃣ them👥, he put a🅰️ veil over his face. 34 But whenever he entered↩️ the Lord’s presence to2️⃣ speak🗣️ with him, he ⛔removed⛔ the veil until he came out. 🅰️And when he came out 🅰️and told🗣️ the Israelites what he had 🐝been commanded🗣️, 35 they👥 saw👁️ that his face was ☢️radiant☢️. Then Moses👴🏽 would put the veil back🔙 over his face until he went in to2️⃣ speak🗣️ with the Lord.