Exodus 4:1-4:31

Signs for Moses

4 Moses👴🏽 answered🗣️, "What if they👥 do 🚫not🚫 believe me or listen👂 to2️⃣ me and say🗣️, 'The Lord did 🚫not🚫 🅰️appear to2️⃣ you'?"

2 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ him👴🏽, "What is that in your hand🤚❓"

"A🅰️ staff🏑🏒," he👴🏽 replied🗣️.

3 The Lord said🗣️, "Throw it on🔛 the ground."

Moses👴🏽 threw it on🔛 the ground and it 🐝became a🅰️ snake🐍, and he ran🏃 from it. 4 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ him👴🏽, "Reach out your hand🤚 and take it by the tail." So Moses👴🏽 reached out and took hold of the snake🐍 and it turned⤴️⤵️ back🔙 into2️⃣ a🅰️ staff🏑🏒 in his hand🤚. 5 "This," said🗣️ the Lord, "is so that they👥 may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers👴 ➖ the God of Abraham👴, the God of Isaac👴 and the God of Jacob👴🏻 ➖ has appeared👁️‍🗨️ to2️⃣ you."

6 Then the Lord said🗣️, "Put your hand🤚 inside your cloak👘." So Moses👴🏽 put his👴🏽 hand🤚 into2️⃣ his cloak👘, and when he👴🏽 took it out, the skin was leprous ➖ it had 🐝become as white as snow❄️🌨️.

7 "Now put it back🔙 into2️⃣ your cloak👘," he said🗣️. So Moses👴🏽 put his hand🤚 back🔙 into2️⃣ his cloak👘, and when he took it out, it was restored, like the rest💤 of his flesh.

8 Then the Lord said🗣️, "If they do 🚫not🚫 believe you or 💰pay💰 attention to2️⃣ the first🥇 sign, they👥 may believe the second🥈. 9 But if they do 🚫not🚫 believe these two2️⃣ signs or listen👂 to2️⃣ you, take some 🌊💧water💦💦 from the Nile🏞️ and pour it on🔛 the dry ground. The 🌊💧water💦💦 you take from the river🏞️ will 🐝become blood on🔛 the ground."

10 Moses👴🏽 said🗣️ to2️⃣ the Lord, "Pardon your servant, Lord. I have 🚫never🚫 been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken🗣️ to2️⃣ your servant. I am slow🐢 of speech🗣️ and tongue👅."

11 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ him👴🏽, "Who gave human beings their mouths👅❓ Who makes them deaf👂 or mute🗣️❓ Who gives them sight👁️ or makes them blind👁️‍🗨️❓ Is it 🚫not🚫 I, the Lord? 12 Now go; I will help you speak🗣️ and will teach you what to2️⃣ say🗣️."

13 But Moses👴🏽 said🗣️, "Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send📤 someone1️⃣ else."

14 Then the Lord's anger😤 📛burned📛 against Moses👴🏽 and he said🗣️, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite❓ I know🎓 he can speak🗣️ well. He is already on🔛 his way to2️⃣ meet🤝 you, and he will be glad🤗 to2️⃣ see👁️ you. 15 You shall speak🗣️ to2️⃣ him and put words🗨️ in his mouth👅; I will help both of you speak🗣️ and will teach🎓👩‍🏫 you what to2️⃣ do. 16 He will speak🗣️ to2️⃣ the people👥 for4️⃣ you, and it will be🐝 as if he were your mouth👅 and as if you were God to2️⃣ him. 17 But take this staff🏑🏒 in your hand🤚 so you can perform the signs with it."

Moses Returns to Egypt

18 Then Moses👴🏽 went back🔙 to2️⃣ Jethro his 👴father-in-law and said🗣️ to2️⃣ him, "Let me return to2️⃣ my own people👥 in Egypt to2️⃣ see👁️ if any of them are still 🅰️alive."

Jethro said🗣️, "Go, and I wish you well."

19 Now the Lord had said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽 in Midian, "Go back🔙 to2️⃣ Egypt, for4️⃣ all those who wanted to2️⃣ ☠️kill☠️ you are 💀dead💀." 20 So Moses👴🏽 took his wife💍 and sons👬, put them on🔛 a🅰️ 🐴donkey🐎 and started back🔙 to2️⃣ Egypt. And he took the staff🏑🏒 of God in his hand🤚.

21 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, "When you return to2️⃣ Egypt, see👀 that you perform 🐝before4️⃣ Pharaoh👳 all the wonders I have given you the 💥power💥 to2️⃣ do. But I will harden his 💘❤️💔💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 so that he will ❌not❌ let the people👥 go. 22 Then say🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, 'This is what the Lord says🗣️: Israel👴🏻 is my 🥇firstborn🤰 son, 23 and I told🗣️ you, "Let my son👦 go, so he may worship🙏🛐 me." But you ❌refused❌ to2️⃣ let him go; so I will ☠️kill☠️ your 🥇firstborn🤰 son.'"

24 At a lodging place on🔛 the way, the Lord met🤝 Moses👴🏽 and was 🅰️about to2️⃣ ☠️kill☠️ him. 25 But Zipporah took a🅰️ flint knife, cut off her son's👦 foreskin🍆✂️ and touched☝️ Moses' feet👣 with it.[c] "Surely you are a🅰️ 👰bridegroom🤵 of blood to2️⃣ me," she said🗣️. 26 So the Lord let him 🅰️alone. (At that ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 she said🗣️ "👰bridegroom🤵 of blood," referring to2️⃣ circumcision🍆✂️.)

27 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Aaron, "Go into2️⃣ the wilderness to2️⃣ meet🤝 Moses👴🏽." So he met🤝 Moses👴🏽 at the mountain🗻 of God and kissed😘 him. 28 Then Moses👴🏽 told🗣️ Aaron everything the Lord had sent📤 him to2️⃣ say🗣️, and also 🅰️about all the signs he had commanded🗣️ him to2️⃣ perform.

29 Moses👴🏽 and Aaron brought 2️⃣together all the 👵👵🏻👵🏼👵🏽👵🏾👵🏿elders👴👴🏻👴🏼👴🏽👴🏾👴🏿 of the Israelites👥, 30 and Aaron told🗣️ them everything the Lord had said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽. He also performed the signs 🐝before4️⃣ the people👥, 31 and they👥 believed. And when they👥 heard👂 that the Lord was concerned 🅰️about them👥 and had seen👀 their👥 misery😥, they👥 bowed🙇 down⬇️ and worshiped🙏🛐.