Exodus 11:1-11:10

The Plague on the Firstborn

11 Now the Lord had said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “I will bring one1️⃣ more plague on🔛 Pharaoh👳 and on🔛 Egypt. 🅰️After that, he will let you go from here, 🅰️and when he does, he will drive🚗🚘 you out completely. 2 Tell🗣️ the people👥 that men👬 and women👭 alike are to2️⃣ ask🗣️ their neighbors👥 for4️⃣ articles of silver🥈 and gold🏅.” 3 (The Lord ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 the Egyptians favorably🙂 disposed 2️⃣toward the people👥, and Moses👴🏽 himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s👳 officials 🅰️and by the people👥.)

4 So Moses👴🏽 said🗣️, “This is what the Lord says🗣️: ‘🆎About midnight1️⃣2️⃣ I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every 🥇firstborn son👦 in Egypt will 💀die💀, from the 🥇firstborn🤰 son👦 of Pharaoh👳, who sits💺 on🔛 the throne💺, to2️⃣ the 🥇firstborn🤰 son👦 of the female♀️ slave, who is at her hand🤚 mill, and all the 🥇firstborn🤰 of the 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫cattle🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 as well. 6 There will be🐝 loud🔊 wailing😭 throughout Egypt ➖ worse than there has ever 🐝been or ever will be🐝 again. 7 But 🅰️among the Israelites👥 🚫not🚫 a🅰️ dog🐶🐕🐩🐺🦊 will bark🗣️ at any person👤 or 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋.’ Then you will know🎓 that the Lord makes a🅰️ distinction ➡️between⬅️ Egypt and Israel. 8 🅰️All these officials of yours will come to2️⃣ me, bowing🙇 down⬇️ 🐝before4️⃣ me and saying🗣️, ‘Go, you and all the people👥 who follow you❗’ After that I will leave.” Then Moses👴🏽, 🔥hot🔥🌡️ with anger😡, left⬅️ Pharaoh👳.

9 The Lord had said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Pharaoh👳 will 🚫refuse🚫 to2️⃣ listen👂 to2️⃣ you ➖ so that my wonders may be🐝 multiplied✖️ in Egypt.” 10 Moses👴🏽 and Aaron performed all these wonders 🐝before4️⃣ Pharaoh👳, but the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟, and he would 🚫not🚫 let the Israelites👥 go out of his country🌐.