Exodus 23:1-23:33

Laws of Justice and Mercy

23 “Do ❎not❎ spread ❎false❎ reports📝. Do ❎not❎ help a🅰️ guilty person👤 by 🐝being a🅰️ malicious witness.

2 “Do ❎not❎ follow the 👯👫👬👭crowd👥 in doing wrong👎. When you give testimony🗣️ in a🅰️ ⚖️lawsuit👔, do ❎not❎ pervert justice by siding with the 👯👫👬👭crowd👥, 3 and do ❎not❎ show favoritism🏅🥇🏆🎖️ to2️⃣ a🅰️ poor person👤 in a🅰️ ⚖️lawsuit👔.

4 “If you come 🅰️across✝️ your enemy’s 🐂🐃ox or 🐴donkey🐎 wandering🚶 off, be🐝 sure to2️⃣ return it. 5 If you see👁️ the 🐴donkey🐎 of someone1️⃣ who hates👿 you fallen down⬇️⬇️⬇️ under its load🍆💦💦, do 🚫not🚫 leave it there; be🐝 sure you help them👥 with it.

6 “Do 🚫not🚫 ⛔deny⛔ justice to2️⃣ your poor people👥 in their ⚖️lawsuits👔. 7 Have 🚫nothing🚫 to2️⃣ do with a🅰️ 🚫false🚫 ➕charge➕ and do 🚫not🚫 put 🅰️an innocent😇 or honest person👤 to2️⃣ 💀death💀, for4️⃣ I will 🚫not🚫 🅰️acquit the guilty.

8 “Do ❌not❌ accept☑️ a🅰️ bribe, for4️⃣ a🅰️ bribe blinds👁️‍🗨️ those who see👁️ and twists🔃🔄 the words🔠🔡 of the innocent😇.

9 “Do ❌not❌ oppress😥 a🅰️ foreigner; you yourselves know🎓 how it 😀😎😋😍😘🤗🤔feels😐🙄😏😥😮😴😌😛😒🤤😔😲😕😖😤😭😦😬😰😱😨😵😳😡😷🤒🤢🤧🤡😇🤥🤓 to2️⃣ be🐝 foreigners, 🐝because you were foreigners in Egypt.

Sabbath Laws

10 “For4️⃣ six6️⃣ years📅 you are to2️⃣ sow your fields🏞️ and harvest the 🥕🥔🍆🌽crops🥜🍞🥖🥒, 11 but🍑 during the seventh7️⃣ year📅 let the land🗺️ lie unplowed and unused. Then the poor 🅰️among your people👥 may get 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 from it, and the 🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀wild🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animal🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 may eat what is left⬅️. Do the same with your vineyard🍇🍷 and your olive grove.

12 “Six6️⃣ days📆 do your work, but on🔛 the seventh7️⃣ day📆 do ❌not❌ work, so that your 🐃🐂ox and your 🐴donkey🐎 may rest💤, and so that the slave born🤰 in your household🏠 and the foreigner living 🅰️among you may be🐝 🔄refreshed🔄.

13 “Be🐝 careful to2️⃣ do everything I have said🗣️ to2️⃣ you. Do ❌not❌ invoke the names of other gods; do ❌not❌ let them👥 be🐝 heard👂 on🔛 your lips💋👄.

The Three Annual Festivals

14 “Three3️⃣ ⌚⏰⏱️times⏲️🕰️🕛 a🅰️ year📅 you are to2️⃣ 🎉celebrate🎊 a🅰️ festival to2️⃣ me.

15 “🎉Celebrate🎊 the Festival of Unleavened Bread🍞🥖; for4️⃣ seven7️⃣ days📆 eat bread🍞🥖 ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 without yeast, 🅰️as I commanded you. Do this 🅰️at the 🅰️appointed ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 in the month📅 of Aviv, for4️⃣ in that month📅 you came out of Egypt.

“❎No❎ one1️⃣ is to2️⃣ 🅰️appear 🐝before4️⃣ me empty-handed👐.

16 “🎉Celebrate🎊 the Festival of Harvest with the first🥇 🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍fruits🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝 of the 🥕🥔🍆🌽crops🥜🍞🥖🥒 you sow in your field🏞️.

“🎉Celebrate🎊 the Festival of Ingathering 🅰️at the end🔚 of the year📅, when you gather in your 🥕🥔🍆🌽crops🥜🍞🥖🥒 from the field🏞️.

17 “Three3️⃣ ⌚⏰⏱️times⏲️🕰️🕛 a🅰️ year📅 🅰️all the men👬 are to2️⃣ appear👁️‍🗨️ 🐝before4️⃣ the Sovereign Lord.

18 “Do ❎not❎ offer the blood of a🅰️ sacrifice to2️⃣ me 🅰️along with 🅰️anything containing yeast.

“The fat of my festival offerings must ❎not❎ be🐝 kept until 🌥️morning🌥️.

19 “Bring the best🎖️🏆🏅🥇 of the first🥇 🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍fruit🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝 of your soil to2️⃣ the 💒⛪house🏠 of the Lord your God.

“Do ❎not❎ cook👩‍🍳 a🅰️ young👶 goat🐐 in its mother’s👵 milk🍼🥛.

God’s Angel to Prepare the Way

20 “See👁️, I am 📤sending 🅰️an 👼angel 🅰️ahead of you to2️⃣ guard you 🅰️along the way and to2️⃣ bring you to2️⃣ the place I have prepared. 21 💰Pay💰 attention🕴️ to2️⃣ him and listen👂 to2️⃣ what he says🗣️. Do 🚫not🚫 rebel 🅰️against him; he will 🚫not🚫 4️⃣forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. 22 If you listen👂 carefully to2️⃣ what he says🗣️ and do 🅰️all that I say🗣️, I will be🐝 🅰️an enemy😈 to2️⃣ your enemies😈 and will oppose those who oppose you. 23 My angel👼 will go 🅰️ahead of you and bring you into2️⃣ the land🗺️ of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them👥 out. 24 Do 🚫not🚫 bow🙇 down⬇️⬇️ 🐝before4️⃣ their👥 gods or worship🙏 them👥 or follow their👥 practices. You must 💣💥demolish💥💣 them and break💔 their sacred stones🗿 to2️⃣ pieces🍉🍞🍿🍰🍬. 25 Worship🙏 the Lord your God, 🅰️and his blessing😇 will be🐝 on🔛 your 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 and 🌊💧water💦💦. I will take 🅰️away sickness😷🤒🤕🤢🤧🤥 from 🅰️among you, 26 and 🚫none🚫 will miscarry or be🐝 barren in your land🗺️. I will give you a🅰️ full life span.

27 “I will send📤 my terror 🅰️ahead of you and throw into2️⃣ confusion🤔 every nation🌐 you encounter. I will ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 all your enemies😈 turn⤴️⤵️↪️↩️ their backs🔙 and run🏃. 28 I will send📤 the hornet🐝 🅰️ahead of you to2️⃣ drive🚗🚘 the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way. 29 But I will 🚫not🚫 drive🚗🚘 them out in a🅰️ single1️⃣ year📅, 🐝because the land🗺️ would 🐝become desolate and the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯🦀wild🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animals🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 too2️⃣ numerous#️⃣ for4️⃣ you. 30 Little by little I will drive🚗🚘 them👥 out 🐝before4️⃣ you, until you have increased enough to2️⃣ take possession💼 of the land🗺️.

31 “I will establish your borders from the Red🔴 Sea🏝️ to2️⃣ the Mediterranean Sea🏝️, and from the desert🏜️ to2️⃣ the Euphrates River🏞️. I will give into2️⃣ your hands👐 the people👥 who live in the land🗺️, and you will drive🚗🚘 them out 🐝before4️⃣ you. 32 Do 🚫not🚫 ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 a🅰️ covenant with them👥 or with their👥 gods. 33 Do not let them👥 live in your land🗺️ or they👥 will cause you to2️⃣ sin😈 🅰️against me, 🐝because the worship🙏 of their👥 gods will certainly be🐝 a🅰️ snare🥁 to2️⃣ you.”