Exodus 7:1-7:25

7 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “See👁️, I have ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 you like God to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, and your brother👦 Aaron will be🐝 your prophet. 2 You 🅰️are to2️⃣ say🗣️ everything I command🗣️ you, and your brother Aaron is to2️⃣ tell🗣️ Pharaoh👳 to2️⃣ let the Israelites👥 go out of his country🌐. 3 But I will harden Pharaoh’s👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟, and though I multiply✖️ my signs and wonders in Egypt, 4 he will ❎not❎ listen👂 to2️⃣ you. Then I will lay🛏️🛌 my hand🤚 on🔛 Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment👩‍⚖️ I will bring out my divisions✖️, my people👥 the Israelites👥. 5 And the Egyptians will know🎓 that I am the Lord when I stretch out my hand🤚 against Egypt and bring the Israelites👥 out of it.”

6 Moses👴🏽 and Aaron did just 🅰️as the Lord commanded🗣️ them👥. 7 Moses👴🏽 was eighty8️⃣0️⃣ years📅 old and Aaron eighty-three8️⃣3️⃣ when they👥 spoke🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳.

Aaron’s Staff Becomes a Snake

8 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽 and Aaron, 9 “When Pharaoh👳 says🗣️ to2️⃣ you, ‘Perform a🅰️ miracle,’ then say🗣️ to2️⃣ Aaron, ‘Take your staff🏑🏒 and throw it down⬇️ 🐝before4️⃣ Pharaoh👳,’ and it will 🐝become a🅰️ snake🐍.”

10 So Moses👴🏽 and Aaron went to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳 and did just as the Lord commanded🗣️. Aaron threw his staff🏑🏒 down⬇️ in front of Pharaoh👳 and his officials, and it 🐝became a🅰️ snake🐍. 11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men👬 and sorcerers✨🎱🔮, and the Egyptian magicians✨🎱🔮 🅰️also did the same things by their secret arts🎼🖌️🖍️🎨👨‍🎨👩‍🎨🎭🥋: 12 Each one1️⃣ threw down⬇️ his staff🏑🏒 and it 🐝became a🅰️ snake🐍. But Aaron’s staff🏑🏒 swallowed up🆙 their staffs🏑🏒. 13 Yet Pharaoh’s👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 🐝became hard and he would ❎not❎ listen👂 to2️⃣ them👥, just as the Lord had said🗣️.

The Plague of Blood

14 Then the Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Pharaoh’s👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟 is unyielding⚠️; he 🚫refuses🚫 to2️⃣ let the people👥 go. 15 Go to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳 in the 🌥️morning🌥️ as he goes out to2️⃣ the river🏞️. Confront him on🔛 the bank🏦 of the Nile🏞️, and take in your hand🤚 the staff🏑🏒 that was changed into2️⃣ a🅰️ snake🐍. 16 Then say🗣️ to2️⃣ him👳, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has sent📤 me to2️⃣ say🗣️ to2️⃣ you: Let my people👥 go, so that they👥 may worship🛐🙏 me in the wilderness. But until now you have 🚫not🚫 listened👂. 17 This is what the Lord says🗣️: By this you will know🎓 that I am the Lord: With the staff🏑🏒 that is in my hand🤚 I will strike the 🌊💧water💦💦 of the Nile🏞️, and it will be🐝 changed into2️⃣ blood. 18 The 🐟🐠fish🐡🦀 in the Nile🏞️ will 💀die💀, and the river🏞️ will stink🤢👃; the Egyptians will 🚫not🚫 be🐝 able to2️⃣ drink🍶 its 🌊💧water💦💦.’”

19 The Lord said🗣️ to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽, “Tell🗣️ Aaron, ‘Take your staff🏑🏒 and stretch out your hand🤚 over the 🌊💧waters💦💦 of Egypt ➖ over the streams🏞️ and canals🏞️, over the ponds🏖️ and all the reservoirs ➖ and they will turn to2️⃣ blood.’ Blood will be🐝 everywhere in Egypt, even in vessels of wood and stone🗿.”

20 Moses👴🏽 and Aaron did just 🅰️as the Lord had commanded🗣️. He raised⬆️ his staff🏑🏒 in the presence of Pharaoh👳 and his officials and struck the 🌊💧water💦💦 of the Nile🏞️, and all the 🌊💧water💦💦 was changed into2️⃣ blood. 21 The 🐟🐠fish🐡🦀 in the Nile🏞️ died, and the river🏞️ smelled🤢👃 so bad👎 that the Egyptians could 🚫not🚫 drink its 🌊💧water💦💦. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.

22 But the Egyptian magicians✨🎱🔮 did the same things by their secret arts🎼🖌️🖍️🎨👨‍🎨👩‍🎨🎭🥋, and Pharaoh’s👳 heart 🐝became hard; he would 🚫not🚫 listen👂 to2️⃣ Moses👴🏽 and Aaron, just as the Lord had said🗣️. 23 Instead, he turned↩️ and went into2️⃣ his palace🏯🏰🕌🕍, and did 🚫not🚫 take even this to👳 💘❤️💓💕💖💗💙heart💚💛💜🖤💝💞💟. 24 And all the Egyptians ⛏️dug⛏️ 🅰️along the Nile🏞️ to2️⃣ get drinking🍶 🌊💧water💦💦, 🐝because they could 🚫not🚫 drink🍶 the 🌊💧water💦💦 of the river🏞️.

The Plague of Frogs

25 Seven7️⃣ days📆 passed 🅰️after the Lord struck the Nile🏞️.