Chapter 1: Letter

C h a p t e r 1 : L e t t e r

IF YOU ARE A RE-READER, PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING IN THE COMMENTS, EVEN THE BLATANT OBVIOUS

"Hey, Luigi! Come look at this. It's a letter from Toadsworth." Mario shouted. His brother made his way over.

"What's it about?" Luigi questioned.

"Huh.. Dear Mario and Luigi, the two of you are invited to Peach's vacation home for a surprise birthday party!" Mario read. "That sounds fun. Want to go?"

"Y-yeah. That does sound like fun." Luigi smiled. I hope she's there.. Luigi thought.

"it's kind of funny, though.." Mario frowned. "I thought Peach's birthday wasn't until July."

"Hmm... I don't know. Maybe you should get your dates correct. Peach doesn't need to get the wrong impression from her future husband." Luigi told him.

"future husband?" Mario questioned.

"Well, yeah."

"Hehe... I do like the sound of that. Well, what about you? You know, her..." Mario winked and elbowed his blushing brother.

"I-I don't know. I'm not good enough for her."

"Don't put yourself down, brother." Mario patted Luigi's back. "I think she likes you back, too. You'll be fine."

"I hope so."

<><><>

"Peach's surprise birthday party? So why were we invited?" Bowser Jr. asked his father.

"That's a very good question... Maybe Toadsworth was trying to make amends. In that case, he's a very stupid man." Bowser sneered. "It's a good opportunity to kidnap Princess Peach, though."

"Hold on." King Boo ghosted through the walls. "I have received the letter as well."

"You too?" Bowser shook his head in confusion. "What is the old man planning?"

"Not just me..." Boo gestured to the door.

Dry Bones walked in, as well as the Magician Kamek. Bowser's eyes widened.

"What in the world? Dad, something's fishy!" Bowser Jr. pouted.

"Well, then it is only necessary that we go to figure it out." Kamek observed.

Dry Bones nodded.

"Good. Then we'll be going."

<><><>

"Toadette! We got a letter!" Toad shouted.

"Us? A letter? It's been a while since we got one of those." Toadette examined the letter. "Oh! Peach's surprise birthday party! I'm so excited! We'll have to go! That's not even a question."

"Well, yes. And as her advisor, of course I would attend." Toad smiled.

"Yes! I'm so pumped! I'm going to call Birdo about this."

Birdo was Toadette's best friend, for many reasons. One, Birdo was practically the only other girl that wasn't a princess, and two, Birdo was rather kind.

"Birdo! Birdo! Were you invited to Peach's surprise party!?" Toadette asked over the phone.

"Yeah! I'm so excited. Yoshi and I can't wait to go. He's really excited about the food." Birdo sighed. "Oh well, can't blame him! Bet they'll have excellent food there."

"Very true. Alright, see you there!"

<><><>

"Momma! You have a letter." One of the Luma's chirped. Rosalina took the letter carefully, examining it before opening it.