Chapter 16: Till Death Do Us Part

C h a p t e r   1 6 : T i l l    D e a t h    
D o U s     P a r t

Alive: Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Boo, Bowser, Mona, Koopa, Dixie, Luigi

Dead: Peach, Dry Bones, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Toadette, Kamek, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Mario, Toad, Diddy, Pauline

"Welcome back to your next episode of 'Who's going to Die Next.' Most recently, Pauline was found deceased in the kitchen, killed by her throat being slit. The unfortunate person who found her is still traumatized. The number of people dead now outweigh the number of people alive... It seems the murderer is going to come out on top. Who knows- maybe the tides will turn! Will the murderer kill them all? Find out next time on 'Who's going to Die Next!'"

"...that was a great narration, Boo," Bowser clapped sarcastically. "Only a genius could've done it."

"Thank you, thank you," King Boo bowed in mock ecstasy. "I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Too bad this show seems to be our real life now."

"Yeah. Isn't that wonderful?" Bowser sighed. "I used to be a king, and now I have to fear for my life, everyday..."

"Same here," Boo shrugged. "We're all just royally screwed."

"Well, lovely," Boo stated sarcastically. Bowser reached out to pat Boo on his shoulder sympathetically, but his hand went right through him.

"Right. I forgot about that," Bowser apologized.

"Whatever, whatever," Boo dismissed. "Anyway, see you around. Hope you're not dead the next time I see you, old friend."

"The feeling is mutual."

<><><>

"Hey... Luigi, are you alright?" Rosalina questioned quietly. "It's been hard because... You.. Y'know.."

Luigi had been the one to discover Pauline's body. He remembered seeing her body and it was all he could think of. Why was her face more confused than terrified..?

"Yeah, you've been taking it hard..." Daisy patted him on his shoulder. "Take it easy..."

"...that's all I can see..." Luigi whispered. "Just... Just..."

Blood matching the color of her dress

Rosalina nodded sympathetically, looking at Daisy.

It stained the floor

"I can't.. I can't take it anymore..." Luigi said. "I-I-I just can't..."

Her lifeless body

"Luigi..." Daisy started.

Lay limp on the floor

"Nothing is going to make it better..." Luigi whispered. "Nothing... She's dead.. And I... I found her body. Why me..! Why me..?"

He can't stop thinking about her

"Luigi, calm down.." Rosalina tried. "It's okay.."

And this time it's not in a good way

"It's not, though," Luigi argued. "It really isn't."

Not that it ever was

"Luigi-" Daisy started.

But this time

"No, no no.." Luigi placed his hands over his ears.

It took a deadly turn

"Luigi, please-"

"Stop, just..." Luigi pushed Daisy's arm off his shoulder. Daisy retracted, looking slightly hurt. "I'm sorry... I just... I can't right now."

Rosalina nodded understandably.

"Okay..."

"I just want to be alone right now..." Luigi requested.

"...alright.." Daisy said. "We'll leave."

The two princesses walked out of the room, slightly discouraged.

"...I'm sorry..."

<><><>

The rest of the people excluding the two princesses, Bowser, and Luigi met up in the common room. Dixie sat in the corner while Koopa sat next to her- and they completely ignored each other. Waluigi, Wario and Mona were on a couch together while King Boo floated awkwardly.

"Six of us?" Boo asked. "That's it?"

"Well, including the missing four, it's ten... But that's still almost no one," Mona frowned. "Alright! We've got to get to the bottom of this!"

"For sure... So who's the murderer?" Waluigi questioned.

No one answered him.

"Well, then..." Wario sneered. "Of course no one wants to admit to that..."

"I don't think any of us are the mafia.." Dixie said quietly. "...I think it's Luigi."

"Uh, what do you mean?" Koopa asked. "He's the one sobbing upstairs right now.."

"...it might be a cover... He might be planning out his next move," Dixie explained slowly. "He might be plotting to kill us right now."

"But... Would Luigi do that to us...?" Waluigi asked. "He seems so... Innocent. I don't know if he would do that.."

"True," Boo agreed. "But looks can be very deceiving. Either way, we need to catch the murderer before our numbers dwindle even more."

"True... So do we think it's Luigi?" Wario asked.

"We don't have anyone else to point at..." Mona pointed out. "So I guess so."

<><><>

While everyone was talking downstairs, Luigi was still paranoid upstairs.

I saw her die, he thought. Why me..? Is it because I'm next..?

No, that doesn't make any sense.

"...I should go apologize to Daisy and Rosalina," he said out loud. "...I was... Kinda a jerk..."

He stood up to leave the room, suspiciously looking around the room. He shrugged slightly, forgetting no one else was in the room to see him.

Till death do us part

He turned around to exit and as he walked through the door, an axe swung and easily decapitated him.

Should've spoke sooner...

Hey what's up people- so yes, Luigi is dead. I mean, if you believe he can survive his head being cut off, then go for it, but..

Who's the mafia? The cop? The nurse? Are they all dead already?

Thanks for reading!