Chapter 7: Deductions

C h a p t e r 7 : D e d u c t i o n s

"OH MY GOSH WHAT IS HAPPENING!"

The mansion erupted in chaos as the news that both Birdo and Toadette were dead. Yoshi had discovered his dead girlfriend's decapitated body. He was now in shock in the common room, where everyone was gathered.

"Am I on drugs? No, I was a good person. Then this must be a dream, just a dream..." Yoshi rocked back and forth, mumbling to himself. "Not real..."

"Poor Yoshi.." Boo looked around worriedly. "Are we next?"

"I hope not. I don't wanna die yet," Bowser Jr. sighed. "If anything, kill anyone else. Everyone else! Just not me. Well, don't kill dad, either, but.."

"Who would even want to kill among the good guys? It's obviously the villains who have all been proven as good... Wow, what am I saying..?" Bowser shook his head. "It's obviously not us. I know you guys wouldn't do it. There would be nothing for us to gain by killing Kamek. So who..?"

"You're right," Boo agreed. "It's definitely gotta be someone good. For sure. Why else would they be targeting the villains first? If one of us were the killers, we would have killed Mario first. For sure."

"True, although I might have killed Luigi first," Bowser Jr. laughed. "How about you, dad?"

"Definitely would've killed Mario first. Unfortunately, both of them are still alive- which is good, because it proves our innocence," Bowser closed his eyes. "Man, I feel like I'm back to the days when we used to play mafia.."

"Yeah, that is kinda what it feels like!" Bowser Jr. agreed. "Except this time it's our actual lives on the line..."

"That's dark," Boo said glumly. "I never thought I'd say this, but I wish we never played that game."

"That wouldn't have changed anything, though," Bowser Jr. said. "Would it? The person killing people.. Why wouldn't they kill if we didn't play mafia?"

"Maybe it's because they got their ideas from that game," Boo suggested. "That's what I was thinking, anyway. Think about it. Kamek died- and he has magic. He would probably be really good at detecting people. Would he be like the cop in mafia?"

"Oh, you're right!" Bowser realized. "So who would be the nurse..?"

"Well... It would be... Uh..." Boo pondered. "I've got no idea."

"I think we would be the cops," Bowser Jr. disagreed. "I mean, we're the ones doing this."

"True, but we need to find out the nurse," Boo reminded. "Hmm... Peach..?"

"This sucks," Bowser groaned. "It's not like we can just point at someone we checked and clear them saying that we're the cop. It's actually real now. And even if we were able to, we'd be killing people who could be innocent."

"I can't wait for this to be over," Bowser Jr. groaned. "I'm so done with this..."

"Yeah... Me too," Boo said. "I never thought I'd be so eager to get away from the ones that are so easy to kill in front of us. Right now, we're sitting ducks. Well, in my case, floating."

"True. For now, let's just do our best to not die."

"Too late for that," someone whispered, too quiet for anyone to hear.

<><><>

"Life here sucks..." Wario sipped from his cup. "Not the place, the place is nice... But I don't really wanna die."

"Thats weird coming from you, but I totally understand," Waluigi frowned. "I don't want to die either."

"I don't really think anyone wants to die!" Mona exclaimed quietly. "We just need to figure out who the murderer is, and quick!"

"Yeah... But how..? We're just stupid pranksters, no one really thinks about us," Wario said dejectedly. "They don't really expect much from us- which makes sense, I guess."

"But.. Wait. That's exactly it!" Mona snapped her fingers. "We'll use our pranking skills to catch the murderer!"

"But... How?" Waluigi questioned. "Wouldn't that just end up with us dead?"

"Not if we're careful. Listen, who do you think the next target will be?" Mona asked.

"Um... Maybe one of the princesses? They are royalty, after all," Waluigi suggested.

"Nah, I think it'll be Mario or Luigi. They're heroes," Wario disagreed.

"Hmm... Who could it be...? As soon as we figure out who'll die next, we can probably capture the murderer, but..."

"Hmm.."

<><><>

"Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, does whatever a Diddy Kong does. Can he swing? From a tree. Yes he can because he's a monkey. Look out... Cause here comes Diddy Kong!" Diddy suddenly stopped his little amusing scream as he saw the victim on the ground.

"AIEEE!"

Diddy fled as fast as he could, running into the tallest princess.

"Sorry Diddy.. What's.. Wrong?" She asked, noticing the fear and disbelief on his face.

"D-d-d-" he was so upset, he couldn't even force the words out. "Donkey Kong is dead..!"

So yeah. Another potential suspect died.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this! Some of my "hints" are red herrings (just something to throw you off.) :) so you're going to have to differentiate between what's true and what's not based on the story!

Sorry, I don't play very fair often!

Who do you think is the mafia?

And how does it feel to have the author be against you guys finding it out too? XD

Just kidding, I hope you guys figure it out, but I wanted to make it a little harder.

thanks for reading!