Chapter 19: Decision's, Decision's

C h a p t e r 1 9 : D e c i s i o n' s , 
D e c i s i o n ' s

Alive: Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Boo, Bowser, Koopa, Dixie

Dead: Peach, Dry Bones, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Toadette, Kamek, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Mario, Toad, Diddy, Pauline, Luigi, Wario, Mona

"Fifteen of us are dead.. Seven of us are alive.." King Boo muttered. "I can't believe Mona killed herself."

"Same here..." Dixie agreed. "I never thought she would.."

"Out of all of us here, I definitely didn't think it would be Mona," Bowser agreed. "Definitely did not..."

"Well, what can we do..?" Dixie shook her head. "She's dead... And even though I wish it wasn't so, we can't change it."

"...I can't believe she hung herself, though," Koopa shook his head. He was glad he hadn't been the one to discover Mona's body. Unfortunately, it had been Waluigi- who went into a nervous breakdown.

Everyone was gathered in the same room except him, actually. He was holed up in what used to be Wario's and Waluigi's room, mourning.

"Who can be the murderer?" Daisy asked boldly. "Who is it? If you come forward now, your jail time can be reduced."

Of course, Daisy was lying- she wasn't going to reduce any prison time for a criminal who'd killed everyone. But everyone else didn't need to know that.

"...I've already told them," Bowser said. "I'm the cop. I can only check one person per day. I haven't decided who I should check yet."

"You're the.. Cop?" Daisy stared at him. "Like... What do you mean?"

"The cop," Bowser repeated. "Like, in mafia."

"I'm... Afraid I don't understand," Daisy told him. "Please explain."

"Well.. Basically, the first person I touch per day is revealed as the mafia or not to me," Bowser revealed. "Whether you believe me or not is up to you... But I swear I'm telling the truth."

"I don't know..." Daisy suspiciously looked at Rosalina. "What do you think?"

"Well I mean... We don't have any leads.. This is the most we've gotten..." Rosalina shrugged. "I think it's a good start... Who have you checked?"

"Luigi, Peach, and Toadette. None of them were mafias," Bowser confirmed. "Good enough?"

"I don't know.." Daisy tapped her chin. "You could just be pretending right now..."

"Pretending!?" Bowser burst. "I'm the Koopa King! Can't you trust me for once!"

"Thats exactly why I don't trust you," Daisy countered. "Do you know how many times you kidnapped Peach?"

"Grr.." Bowser growled. "This conversation is going nowhere."

<><><>

"So, mafia, wake up!" Young Peach had shouted. A young Diddy and Dry Bones had opened their eyes. "Who do you wanna kill?"

They had pointed to Bowser.

"Okay. Cop, wake up!"

Rosalina the cop pointed to Diddy quickly. Peach nodded.

"Cop, go back to sleep! Nurse, wake up!"

A young Mona pointed to Wario.

"Okay, everyone wake up...!"

<><><>

Those were the good days... When we didn't have to actually worry about actually dying.

What happened to those days...?

The days when people just believed whatever you said no matter what...

"...guys, I think I know who the murderer is.." Waluigi slowly walked down the stairs.

Bowser and Daisy were still arguing, so no one heard him. Waluigi just slowly took a seat next to Koopa.

Accusations were pointed everywhere but they didn't mean anything

Now they mean a matter of life and death

They were so busy arguing that no one noticed it until it happened.

The lights went out.

"What the-?" Dixie blinked. "Oh, no. Oh, no no no..."

"...murderer, honestly please just kill me..." Waluigi frowned.

"They're a sadist, of course they're not going to grant your death wish," Boo reasoned. "Is everyone still aliv-"

"AGHH!"

"Oh my gosh, what's happening!?"

"AIEEE!"

Screams were happening quickly. Suddenly, the lights turned back on.

"What just happened?" Koopa asked.

"...I shouldn't have spoken up..." Bowser said weakly, a stab wound to the stomach. "It caused my demise..."

"A-ah-" Daisy also lay on the ground, quickly bleeding out. "M-my duties... F-fall to you, Rosalina..."

"I-I can't," Rosalina protested. "There's no way I can..."

"You can.." Daisy whispered. "You... C..an..."

Her hand fell to the ground while Bowser still had a longer time.

"Dixie, come here," Bowser rasped. He quickly touched her hand.

SNTM

"She's... Not the... Mafia..." Bowser said weakly, choking it out. "Good... Luck guys.."

"So.. I'm stuck with a bunch of murderers!?" Dixie breathed. "Oh my gosh, I'm so scared..."

The power quickly blacked out again, causing everyone to scream. They tried to hide themselves from the murderer's wrath- but there wasn't a way to escape.

The lights turned back on and the next victim was predictably Dixie. Her throat was slit, her words drowning in her blood.

"Three more of us dead..." Rosalina said, eerily calm. "...one or maybe more of us is the mafia.."

All four of them stared at each other. Were they looking at a murderer right now?

Koopa

Rosalina

Waluigi

Boo

Who was the mafia?

Hey everyone- welcome to one of the final chapters! An update won't happen for a while since I have to finish all four of those chapters and a final chapter before I can post in order for this to work. In the meantime, enjoy guessing! I love reading your comments.

Who's the mafia? Who? Is? It?

Thanks for reading!