Chapter 3: Accusations

C h a p t e r   3 : A c c u s a t i o n s

"Peach!" Daisy rushed to her best friend's side. She stared at the back door, her eyes widening. "Oh my gosh.."

"He's dead!" Birdo shrieked. "Oh my gosh, he's dead!"

These two words sent chills up everyone's spine, and in less then two seconds, most everyone was in a panic.

Dry Bones lay in a pile of bones by the back door. There wasn't any blood- he was a skeleton, after all. But there was a large hammer next to his corpse.

"That's like, one of the only things that can kill him, right?" Pauline questioned, being one of the only few not panicking.

"Correct." Rosalina nodded. "Who would do such a thing..?"

"We need to get out of here!" Toadette screamed. "We could all be next, and then-and then-"

"If you didn't remember, the doors are jammed." Bowser growled. "We're stuck."

"There has to be a way out. What about windows?" Toad asked, his voice trembling.

"You've been here before, Toad.. This house is all ground level with no windows. Something about not wanting to see the sun all the time.." Daisy shook her head, her hands shaking. "We can go in the basement-"

"Um, haven't you ever watched a horror movie? That's where everyone dies!" Diddy Kong countered. "We should focus on trying to g-get out!"

"There's no point." King Boo said. All of the villains didn't need to pretend to remain calm- they already were. After all, they were used to death and the like. "I can't even ghost through the walls to get out. I just run into the walls. She magic-proofed her vacation home, but not her castle?"

"Peach never wanted her vacations to interrupted." Toad provided weakly.

"And that's why I can kidnap Peach so easily." Bowser laughed.

"Why are you laughing! This is not a laughing matter!" Mona freaked out.

"Well.. It kind of is. I mean... Let's be real. We're all going to die!" Yoshi freaked out. "No more food for me.."

"There's no use in panicking... I think we should just all retire to our room." Rosalina said sensibly. "What good will we accomplish-"

"If we split up, it's easier to be killed." Donkey Kong rumbled.

"Yeah..I don't want to die." Kamek told everyone.

"Enough.. We shouldn't try to cause any more drama or panic." Daisy interrupted. "Let's go with Rosalina's idea. Hopefully it will stop the panic."

<><><>

"Do you think there's actually a killer?" Wario questioned, eating from a bag of chips they'd stolen. Wario, Waluigi, and Mona were holed up in one of Peach's many guest rooms.

"Probably some robber or something." Waluigi popped a chip into his mouth.

"Um, why would a robber go kill someone like Dry Bones instead of someone actually.. Important? Wow, I feel bad for saying that.." Mona tapped her chin.

"Well, it's true... So then what do you think?" Waluigi questioned. "Who would kill Dry Bones?"

"I don't know.. It doesn't make sense." Wario frowned. "I don't think it was a robber.. Maybe an assassin."

"Or maybe... One of us!" Mona giggled. "That's silly. None of us hate each other that much."

Wario and Waluigi stared at each other.