Chapter 13: Reunited

C h a p t e r  1 3 : R e u n i t e d

Alive: Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Boo, Bowser, Mona, Pauline, Toad, Koopa, Diddy, Dixie, Luigi

Dead: Peach, Dry Bones, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Toadette, Kamek, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Mario

The green dinosaur was sorely missed by everyone, especially Toad.

Toad had now lost everyone- Peach, Toadette, Yoshi, Mario... Well, he lost everyone except for one person- but he was unwanted.

"Hey Toad.. How are you holding up..?" Koopa questioned. Toad looked up, surprised to see someone who was checking up on him, but when he noted who it was, he thought differently.

"Go away," Toad grunted quietly. "Everyone's dead and I don't need your presence bothering me."

"...I'm just trying to help you-"

"I don't need your help," Toad fired back. "I'm okay. Especially not from someone like you.."

"...if that's what you want..." Koopa retreated, dejected that Toad still hated him. "I see how it is..."

<><><>

"Just keep dying... Just keep dying... What do we do? We die..." Boo replaced the word "swimming" with dying, making it quite a morbid song.

"Why are you always twisting songs to make them dark whenever I run into you?" Pauline questioned.

Boo shrugged.

"What else am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, read?" Pauline suggested.

"Do I look like I would enjoy reading?" Boo questioned. "It's boring. No thank you. Besides, there's nothing else in this house for me to do."

"True, true.." Pauline mused. "You're oddly calm. What's happening?"

"I'm always calm," Boo snickered. "But I don't know, I wasn't aware I was acting different."

"Well, you are- so stop avoiding the question. What's making you so amused that your personality is changing?" Pauline eyed his suspiciously.

"Let's just say that I know something that made me amused.."

<><><>

"So how many of us are dead?" Daisy asked tiredly. The people she could trust were around her- Rosalina, Luigi, and to her surprise, Bowser.

"Hmm..." Rosalina pondered for a moment. "Nine, I believe... Thirteen of us are left..."

"Wow.. Soon enough, we're all going to die," Bowser huffed. "But I honestly thought more thought more of us were dead than that..."

"I guess not," Luigi commented. "...what can we even do..?"

"I dunno.." Daisy sighed. "Everything was going a lot better when Peach was here- she knew how to lead and keep everything in order. Me? I don't... I'm not the leading princess, I kinda just followed her orders with everyone else. Everything is falling on me now, and I don't know what to do..."

"You're a wonderful leader, Daisy," Luigi encouraged her. "Besides, we're here too to help you if you ever need it."

"I know you guys are... But I feel like I'm supposed to do it all by myself," Daisy explained. "After all, Peach did it all by herself."

Luigi and Rosalina exchanged glances.

"But... You're not Peach..." Rosalina said softly. "So don't... Put yourself down because of her..."

"Yeah, don't compare yourself to her," Luigi supported. "We know you can do it too."

"Besides, you're not the only ruler around here," Bowser added. "Rosalina and I know exactly how you feel."

"Exactly," Rosalina nodded. "We're always here to help..."

"You guys... Thank you."

<><><>

"Waluigi! Are you okay?" Wario rushed to him. "I'm so sorry we left you there! We thought you died! Mona said you might've, and it honestly just-"

"I'm fine," Waluigi interrupted, surprised by his brother's sudden concern. "Thanks... I was kinda surprised I didn't die."

"I'm so glad you're alive!" Mona smiled. "We were worrying so much! We thought you might'a..." Her voice trailed off.

"Died?"

"Yeah... But we shouldn't have doubted you," Mona scratched the back of her neck. "So I guess now we know it isn't Yoshi... What did Toad do?"

"Nothing, really. He just got really confused... We probably should've still questioned him instead of leaving," Waluigi sighed. "I mean, we could try again, but..."

"No, if we do that, he'll probably tell someone and we'll get in a lot trouble," Mona disagreed. "...could we maybe try Boo?"

"He's a ghost... I don't really know how we would capture him," Wario pointed out. "Besides, maybe we should quit this. I love pranks, but it seems it's just gotten us nowhere."

"But... We need to find out who the mafia is," Mona pressed. "If we don't do this, we might never know."

"But what if we do capture the mafia? What happens then?" Wario asked. "How would we even find out? Question them until they answer?"

"I guess so," Waluigi shrugged. "But I'm going to have to agree with my bro. This is getting a little too dangerous for me.."

"Well... Fine," Mona relented. "You guys are probably right... I just think we should find out who it is."

"You have a point, but maybe we should do it in a different way," Waluigi suggested.

"Like what?"

"Uh... I dunno."

"Great. Now we're back to square one."

<><><>

"You'll pay for what you did to me.."

Toad opened his mouth to scream but a hand covered his mouth. A knife stabbed him in the stomach and tears slid down his face.

As the murderer dropped him to the ground, he slowly bled out. In his final moments, he smiled.

"Toadette... I'm coming.."

Here's the mafia chapter! Had practice again today and I think I might go to sleep super early again, haha.

Who's the mafia? Cop? Nurse? Are there multiple of each role? Did I kill them all of? Are all the mafia already dead?

Comment below your suspicions! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy :)