Chapter 2: Surprise

C h a p t e r    2 :  S u r p r i s e

"I'm so excited!" Birdo squealed. Toadette shushed her best friend.

"I am, too. But Peach is coming soon, and we can't let her hear us before we can surprise her!" Toadette explained.

"Oh yeah.. Sorry."

Pauline narrowed her eyes at the two, but as she was about to say something, her eyes shifted to someone else. "Toadsworth invited Bowser, Peach's worst enemy.. To Peach's surprise birthday party?" Pauline sneered.

"Toadsworth is a nutcase... He invited us, too." Donkey Kong pointed out.

"Well, yes, but we don't constantly kidnap Peach." Diddy argued. "Pauline hates her, but..."

"Maybe I should start kidnapping her." Pauline muttered.

"I don't think Peach is that bad." Dixie started, only to be shushed by the red-dressed girl.

"She's terrible. She needs to die."

"Then why did you even come to the party if all you're going to do is complain?" Diddy sighed.

This argument continued for some time.

"...you know, why did she bother to come here..." Luigi sighed after eavesdropping.

"Yeah... The embarrassment is too much." Mario covered his face.

"You only say that because you two avoid each other like the plague." Luigi pointed out.

"Uh... Well, she was getting a bit old. Needed a new change. And Peach is much better, anyway. Less demanding."

"...Toad?" Rosalina questioned. The royal Advisor turned around.

"Yes?" Toad questioned. Toadette swiveled around to see Rosalina, and her eyes narrowed slightly.

"I was wondering.. If you knew when Peach would get here."

"I don't know.. Daisy said they was coming at around two." Toad answered.

"Oh... Is that where Daisy is? With Peach? I was looking for her." Rosalina said.

"Yeah, Daisy is with Peach.. If that's all, please excuse us." Toadette stated.

"...sorry." Rosalina bowed her head. What is it with humans..

"Oh, poor Rosalina." Yoshi commented. Birdo looked over.

"Hm?" Birdo questioned.

"She looks so lonely." Yoshi explained.

"Well, that will probably change when Daisy and Peach get here." Birdo comforted.

"Hmm.. I still don't understand why Toadsworth invited us." Bowser scratched his head.

"Maybe it's just because he's an idiot." King Boo said.

"Or maybe this is a trap." Kamek speculated.  "A way to get all of us out of the way."

"Toadsworth isn't smart enough.." Dry Bones droned on.

"Yeah, he's stupid!" Bowser Jr. chimed in.

"Kamek may be right." Bowser said, ignoring Dry Bones. "In that case, we should leave-"

"Everyone! Get ready! She's coming!" Mona shouted. The lights turned off and everyone scrambled into a hiding spot, effectively ending the argument of leaving.

"Oh, I can't wait to go relax... I'm so sad I'll be alone, though." Peach opened the door, Daisy right behind her. Everyone sprung up, the lights turning on.