Chapter 10: Death Defying

C h a p t e r 1 0 :   D e a t h   D e f y i n g

Alive: Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Boo, Bowser, Mona, Pauline, Yoshi, Toad, Koopa, Diddy, Dixie, Mario, Luigi.

Dead: Peach, Dry Bones, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Toadette, Kamek, Bowser Jr.

"My son, my one and only son... Is gone.." Bowser, the Koopa King, someone who almost took over the entire galaxy, couldn't even function correctly without his son. It seemed almost everyone was depressed without their loved one.

Bowser Jr. was found dead in bed. Sleeping in late really had killed him- and Bowser was grieving heavily. It was just the two kings left of the villains now...

"...poor Bowser..." Rosalina sighed. "I mean... That's his own son... I can't imagine..."

"Yeah... Oh my gosh..." Daisy's eyes widened. "I'm so glad I'm not in a relationship... If I was, I'd probably end up like.. Like those two." Daisy gestured to Toad's and Yoshi's room. "I'm... I'm just glad that if I die... No one can get upset, y'know? Because I don't love anyone, no one has to get hurt if I die..."

"Daisy... We all care for you.. Too.." Rosalina told her. "You... Shouldn't..."

"That's honestly not what matters right now.." Daisy shook her head. "...I have a kingdom to rule... I can't die.."

"...I hope the... Luma's are doing alright..." Rosalina's eyes widened. "Maybe Toadsworth is taking care of them... Well... There's no way for him... To get there anyway..."

"Wait... Toadsworth," Daisy snapped her fingers. "That's it! We found it!"

"What..?"

"He's the one who made this party, right? But he's not even here. We should've known from the beginning... It's gotta be him. He's the one killing us all!" Daisy exclaimed. "We've gotta catch him! He's the one manipulating all of us! We've all been accusing each other blindly..."

"No... I don't think so..." Rosalina told her.

"What? Why not? It's so obvious it's him!"

"No... If Toadsworth was... The killer... He would've killed... All the villains. He certainly... Wouldn't have killed Peach," Rosalina explained. "It can't be him.."

"Oh... You're right. Well, that means it's one of us again, doesnt it?" Daisy's eyes widened. "Well... Crud."

<><><>

"So who would you wanna save?"

"I want to save you next, bro.." Mario told him quietly. "I mean, who else...? Peach is d... dead. You're the only one left that I care about. I mean, I guess Rosalina too, but you mean so much more to me. Sorry, that sounds really gay... But you know what I meant."

"I know... Thanks. So how do we do this, then?"

"I think I just touch you.. I mean, that's what I did. It's on the face. Cause when I washed my hands I washed my face, too.. And then I flicked Pauline on the nose for getting mad at me... And when I tried to save Peach, I kissed her... It might have to do with my hands, and the person I want to save's face."

Mario reached out and bopped Luigi lightly on the nose.

"Stay safe, bro."

"You too. After all, I'm the one with the protection today, not you."

<><><>

"This really sucks," Dixie muttered. "But at least I have you..."

"Yeah, even if everyone else dies... At least you're still here with me," Diddy smiled weakly. "...are we the only people who still have each other..?"

"Yeah..." Dixie looked away. "...I don't ever want to separate from you... I don't want to know what will happen if so."

"Alright... Let's stay together from now on. Dixie... We might die soon, so at least let us die the way I want to... Dixie... Will you marry me?"

"Diddy... Yes, I will marry you. I love you..."

"Me too... With our love, the murderer can't hurt us."

<><><>

Luigi cautiously watched everything around him in an attempt to see if Mario's words were true. But so far, nothing had come his way. Was it just that the murderer wanted to kill someone else, and not him? He didn't really understand- why wasn't he dead yet?

Luigi began to wash his hands in the sink, cautious of everything around him. He didn't want to die, not yet, but he had to have faith in Mario's words.

Luigi turned around and walked out of the bathroom only to have a sword slice the air right in front of him. He jumped back in fear, frightened but relieved to know his brothers words were right. He waited till the sword stopped its movement, and then calmly walked by it dangling from the wall.

Thanks, bro.

<><><>

The murderer(s) wasn't about to give up, though. That wasn't their style. So instead, they aimed for another target. This time, their target wouldn't escape alive.

Luigi returned to his room and greeted his brother who was asleep under the covers.

"Hey, bro... You were right. I almost died," Luigi said quietly, not trying to wake him up. "Thanks for everything."

Luigi looked at his sleeping brother who almost looked calm and peaceful in his sleep- something he hadn't seen in awhile. He looked happy.

Luigi didn't realize that something was off about him.

Hey what's up people, thanks for reading! Worked hard to get this chapter up as soon as possible so I hope it meets your expectations. Unfortunately, since I have inspiration for this book, my other books might suffer a bit, but hey... I've neglected this book for a while, so...

Who do you think is the mafia? The cop? The nurse? Did I kill them already? Is the mafia already dead? Is mario dead? Is he the mafia?

No one knows... Except me!

Oh, and since I should've clarified this, here's your FREE hint since this wasn't very clear. sorry!

Hint: The mafia(s) could be trying to kill each other as well.

Is that a clue? Or is it just a red herring?

Thanks for reading!