Chapter 12: Prank

C h a p t e r 1 2 : P r a n k

Alive: Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Boo, Bowser, Mona, Pauline, Yoshi, Toad, Koopa, Diddy, Dixie, Luigi

Dead: Peach, Dry Bones, Donkey Kong, Birdo, Toadette, Mario, Kamek, Bowser Jr.

"Uh oh," Mona whispered as she watched a confused Toad fall to the ground instead of Yoshi. The three were hidden in the ventilation and ceiling. "Wrong person.."

"What the heck?" Toad muttered as his legs were entangled in wires. "I swear..."

"What are we supposed to do?" Mona freaked quietly. "If we reveal ourselves to him, we're all going to be in a lot of trouble!"

"...you guys go, I'll take the blame," Waluigi told them. "Hurry, before he escapes!"

"Wait, why do you need to be a scapegoat though!? Why can't we all leave?" Wario questioned.

"There's no way there's enough time for all three of us to escape!" Mona explained. "We have to crawl through all of this!"

"Fine... Sorry, bro,"

"It's okay, I'm okay with getting in trouble," Waluigi shrugged. "I mean, I'm used to it."

Waluigi just hoped that being in trouble wasn't about to lead to his demise.

The two began to crawl away as Toad escaped from his bonds. He looked around, trying to figure out who had trapped him.

Waluigi was starting to believe Toad wouldn't find him when Toad looked straight up at him. Toad gasped and Waluigi feared for his life as he looked into the eyes of a could-be murderer.

This really wasn't how he wanted to die- but if it meant Wario and Mona could get away, it was so worth it.

"Waluigi? What are you doing up there? Why'd you drop these ropes?" Toad frowned. "Come down from there while you're at it."

"...Uh... Well.." Waluigi tried to make up a good excuse. "It's just a prank, bro."

"A prank?" Toad folded his arms. "Well, I don't think you pulling a prank when a murderer is on the loose is funny! I thought I was going to die!"

So he's not the murderer, Waluigi thought. Or maybe he is and he's just acting?

"Well, I'm sorry, but I just wanted to have some fun," Waluigi huffed, lying straight through his teeth. "Wario and Mona have been busy and I was bored."

"...whatever, just don't do it again," Toad sighed. "People these days, I swear..."

I'm glad Toad didn't kill me. That still doesn't rule him out, though..

<><><>

"Wow... Wow. Just wow.. I still think this is just a nightmare I'm going to wake up from.." Daisy shook her head. "Maybe it is."

"I could try pinching you," Yoshi offered quietly. "Maybe then at least one of us can get out of here."

"Yoshi.." Rosalina frowned. "Don't talk... Like that.."

"...at this point, I want to die. Life here sucks..." Yoshi responded distantly. "The murderer would be doing me a favor.."

"Yoshi... Your life is precious... Don't throw it away.." Rosalina told him.

"Life is nothing without the one you love. You'll see, Rosalina. You'll see... Once you lose him, you'll understand."

"Who... Are you talking about..?"

"Yeah, who?" Daisy questioned more fiercely than usual. "I wanna know."

"It's no one..." Rosalina defended, knowing Daisy would become upset when she heard her answer. "Please... Yoshi..."

"I respect you, Rosalina, so I won't tell your secrets," Yoshi reassured. "But you gotta just leave me be. If I die, then good."

<><><>

"...two little fish swam to the shore... Jumping out of the water and wishing they could fly... And died," Boo chuckled. "Mario, Peach, is that you? I know you tried to leave so many times..."

"What are you talking about?" Pauline wondered. "They tried to leave?"

"Oh yeah, both of them plenty of times. Peach even tried to jump out of a window without telling anyone but it's pointless. Everything is locked from the outside. The two heroes didn't even care for others in the end- just for themselves. Pretty strange, right?"

"...I expected it from Mario, but not the blonde bimbo," Pauline frowned. "As much as I hated her, she had a good head on her shoulders."

"True, true," Boo agreed. "And as much as I hate to say it, literally everyone is a suspect. I haven't even pinpointed anyone. Who do you think? Or is it you?"

"It's not me," Pauline countered evenly. "Maybe it's you. But I honestly think it's Wario and Waluigi. Those two are always up to no good at all."

"That's an educated guess, but I'd say it's Daisy and Rosalina," Boo answered. "After all, they're two princesses. Why are they still alive?"

"But Luigi is, too. And so is Bowser and yourself, so that doesn't really mean anything.."

"Well... I tried."

TMBN.

<><><>

"Let me grant your wish, Yoshi!"

Yoshi seriously took it back. He regretted being so upset and mourning, he wished he hadn't wished death upon himself.

His eyes fell upon the murderer and his mouth dropped.

"Wha-"

He died the same way his girlfriend did as his head rolled across the room.

Dun dun dun!!

Just a reminder that some "clues" and stuff I tell you is not always true. So don't always believe everything I write. But you can trust the above statement- but that's about it in this book.

...or is it?

who's the mafia? The cop? The nurse? Did I kill them all off? Is there more than one mafia? What does TMBN mean?

Thanks for reading! You guys are the best.