Mini-Golf

Hunter and Duna were walking back to the hotel room with Cora skipping behind them when a voice called out, "Hey Hunter, Duna."

They both turned around and saw Holt and Rosie walking up, hand in hand.

"Hey Holt!" Hunter exclaimed, high-fiving him and then pulling him into a half embrace. Duna and Rosie both smiled and hugged each other as they greeted each other, and Cora stood and watched politely, smiling.

"How've you been man?" Holt asked.

"Oh, I can't complain. I've been helping out with a couple of jobs here and there. Taught some new recruits about dark fossils and that didn't go over too well." They all nodded and groaned in agreement.

"More importantly, what's been going on with you?"

"Well, in case you didn't notice…" Holt held up his hand and Rosie's interlocked with each other.

"Oh, congratulations! I wish you both the best." Duna said, smiling. Holt put his arm around Rosie's shoulder and pulled her close.

"Yeah, she won my heart when she helped me find two of my missing Vivosaur medals." Rosie rolled her eyes and Hunter and Duna had to resist the urge to fall over with every ounce of willpower. Cora chuckled seeing this and walked over to Holt.

"Hm? Who is this?" Rosie asked.

"This is Cora, she's Duna's little sister." Hunter explained. Rosie's eyes grew at hearing this.

"You didn't tell me you had a little sister!" Rosie exclaimed.

"That's what I said when she told me about her." Hunter responded.

"Well, she not my real sister per se, we've lived together as friends. Her family didn't make it and she was very lonely."

"Did her family…?" Rosie began to ask. Both Cora and Duna nodded and looked down. Rosie looked at Cora with pity.

"A lot of children were displaced after Guhnash destroyed our home, but it didn't stop there. It devoured all of our colonies as well. It was almost like someone was issuing orders to it to completely destroy our race but I can understand why. Anyway one day she was crying about missing her family. I came over and wrapped my arms around her if only to try and calm her down. After she stopped she looked at me and smiled, saying that I was like her older sister. I was so touched by that, and secretly because I wanted a sister of my own, I told her that I would be her new big sister. Since that day she's always looked up to me and loves me like a real sister."

Hunter, Holt and Rosie couldn't help but smile when Cora hugged her for brief moment.

"I'm sorry, I hope we're not keeping you from anything Rosie finally said. Hunter and Duna looked at each other.

"No we were just heading to the hotel to see if it was alright for Cora to stay with Duna. As you've seen, it would be a shame for Cora to stay on the ship until the new housing is complete." Hunter explained.

"Well, we were on our way to a date." Holt said.

"Oh? What are you two doing?" Duna asked.

"We're heading to the mini-golf course to have some fun." Rosie said, then her eyes grew wide with an idea popping into her head.

"Hey, I know. How about you join us, we need another team to compete against." Hunter and Duna looked at each other again.

"What do you think?" Duna asked quietly. Hunter just shrugged and replied, "It's up to you Duna. If you want to do this, I won't oppose."

"I think it would be fun and who cares if we don't win. It'll be another memory that I'll share with you." Hunter smiled when he heard this.

"Just watch out, Rosie can be a little competitive with these types of things." Hunter warned. Duna nodded and turned to Rosie.