Chaos Reigning

Hunter woke up abruptly. The remnant of his nightmare was still lingering in his subconscious. It was the same dream he had from the boat ride over to visit his mother and have her meet Duna. He wiped sweat from his forehead.

"This is the third time I have had this dream… what does it mean?!" He thought to himself as he looked around. The sun was up and both Duna and his mom were already up talking with each other. Duna was in her human disguise. Hunter stood from the couch, walked into the bathroom to clean up and change, and then walked over to Duna. He kissed her on the cheek and sat next to her.

"Good morning Duna, good morning Mom." He greeted smiling.

Duna returned the kiss with another on his cheek and told him good morning. Mika couldn't help but smile at them both.

"You two are so cute together, I'm very happy you found each other." She said. Duna blushed and smiled.

"Thank you." She said. Hunter smiled as well, but Mika noticed that he looked out of it.

"Hunter, are you alright?" She asked worried.
Hunter shook his head to snap himself out of his gaze. Duna noticed this too and looked at him worried.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine." He lied. They both saw through it and looked at him unconvinced. Hunter rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Okay, okay. I'm just feeling a little weird is all." He began. They both continued to stare at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I've been having nightmares for a little while. I believe that they started when Duna was injured in the battle the she, Holt, Rosie and I had." He said.

"Oh, you mean the one with the Rogue Vivosaurs?" Mika asked. Hunter nodded and Duna looked down sadly. Mika understood why he was upset by that.

"Duna could have died that day but we got her to help as fast as we could." He continued in a blank tone.

"What's worse is that I don't think it was just a random occurrence. I've ran the scenario over, and over in my head at least a hundred times...but...I can't shake this feeling that someone is trying to hurt Duna, or just the Dinaurians in general, but we don't have any other incidents relating to that attack." Hunter said upset.

Mika began to think about what Hunter was talking about. Duna watched them both talk and stayed silent. She wasn't sure if she should mention the voice she heard when the Siamo came close to her.

"How long have the Dinaurians been staying on the island?" Mika asked.

"About three years now, and that was another thing. Why wait?" Hunter asked.

"What do you mean?" Duna asked.

"Well, think about it. It's been three years since the Dinaurians appeared. In that time, no one has had any problems with them other than a few people who are xenophobic. But if what happened to you was an attack on Dinaurians, why not attack sooner…?" Hunter asked. His tone was full of interest.

Duna began to think about it. What Hunter was saying started to make sense. Why would someone wait?

"Well, let's change the subject. Duna, what is your favorite breakfast food?" Mika asked. She asked it as if she wanted to avoid talking about the issue more. "Wait....does she...." Hunter quickly shook the thought away. Mika couldn't have any affiliation with that. She just learned about it last night.
"Don't be rediculous, Hunter. That's your own mother!" Hunter thought to himself.

Duna perked up eagerly and answered

"My all-time favorite food is an omelet, but Hunter has introduced me to his favorite pancakes...." Duna began.