Jin

>>>>> Always There <<<<<

"Who's that?" You asked Kelsey quietly.

"What him?" She pointed at the boy with glasses as he held his books closely. You slapped her hand down.

"Don't point." You pushed up your glasses. "Yes him."

"New kid. New nerd. New-whatever he's just new." You sighed. You knew how rude Kelsey could get after being her friend for only a few weeks.

"Stop being like that." You mumbled. "I'm just curious."

"Ok." She shrugged and walked to her homeroom. You both had different classes.

When you walked into class, you saw the new kid sitting in your seat. You walked over wanting to say something but left it alone. He noticed your mouth move slightly and immediately stood up.

"I-Is this your seat? I-I'm sorry." He gathered his stuff but you stopped him.

"It's fine. Um- you can sit there for today." You smiled and he sat down slowly.

"I'm Jin." He said looking down at his desk.

"(Y/n)." You said looking over at him. He had a nice side profile. His hair was neatly done and he didn't look like a nerd. Someone with glasses doesn't mean they're a nerd. He looked completely fine. You felt your heart beat accelerate and you turned away.

"Um-I'm new and uh-I don't know where these classes are." He showed you his schedule and you looked at it.

"You have everything I have except science. Just follow me for the day." You took off your glasses and rubbed your eyes. He smiled at your offer and nodded his head.

"That would be nice." He said.

When lunch came around you noticed he was already there before you. You saw him sitting in the farthest corner of the cafeteria.

"Where you going?" Kelsey asked, walking the opposite way.

"I'm sitting with Jin." You told her.

"Suit yourself."

You walked over and you saw his head perk up. His smile sent a few flutters inside your heart but you ignored it.

"I thought you forgot about me." He laughed.

"Of course not. I wouldn't let you sit by yourself. I went through that too many times." You told him.

"Me too. I thought that would change when I got here and it did." He looks up from his food and looked at you. You stared at him for a while but you broke the contact.

"Yeah. That's something we have in common." You laughed awkwardly.

"True. So um what do you do here?" He asked.

"I do music as a hobby here. Just something to close myself from reality for an hour or two."

"Music.... I sing a little. I really never told anybody that. They usually make fun of me but you seem nice so I trust you with that." He told you.

"I wouldn't do that. That's great! Not a lot of guys sing here. You would be a first why not after school we stay over and I'll take you to choir room?" He seemed hooked in by your offer.

After school , you took him to the room.

"I uh also made the music myself." He informed you before he turned on his laptop. He played his lyrics out and began to sing.

"Maybe I, I can't touch the sky," He continued to sing. You were amazed until he stopped.

"Um yeah. That's all I have." He rubbed his neck.

"You have to write more!" You blurted. He looked shocked.

"R-Really? I've been trying to think of a few more verses for it."

"You can probably enter in the musical carnival later this year." You told him.

"What's that?"

"Something the school holds every year. Maybe you can perform?! And win the award." You said.

"That's if I can finish in time."

"You will."

"Thanks (Y/n)." He smiled. He hugged you by surprise. You hugged him back but he pulled away.

"S-Sorry." He adjusted his glasses.

"You're fine." You smiled as you saw a tint of pink grow across his face.

******

"Seokjin! You're next!" The announcer boomed into the microphone. You have him a thumbs up as he walked across stage.

It's been about a few months since you and Jin became friends. Kelsey became distant since then because she got a boyfriend. You didn't care. She wasn't there for you as much as Jin was. You started to like him around more and more often. Therefore, your feelings evolved and so did his.

You cheered for him once he finished and he smiled at you. He came from off stage and hugged you.

"I-I did it! How did I sound?" He said hugging you.

"How did you sound?! You sounded amazing! I could listen to that on replay. Literally!" You laughed. You let go of him and saw his face turn red.

"T-Thanks." He said shyly.

"I think they're about to announce the winners." You said as you looked back on stage. You were trying to to make sure you didn't explode from his shyness.

"And the winner for this years musical carnival is SeokJin!" Everyone clapped. He ran back on stage and got the miniature trophy and ran back down to you.

You began to smile but it was wiped away by his lips. He pulled away and backed up.

"I-I'm sorry! I got too excited a-and I-I-" You kissed his cheek and laughed.

"It's fine. I like you too." He laughed in relief.