Chapter 2

We have been at camp for a while now. I met this one girl. She's like my best friend. There's this one really cute guy, but he's much older then me. We constantly catch ourselves looking at each other. I think mom and Shane have been hooking up with each other. They will go off into the woods alone, and come back together. Today a huge group is leaving to go off and find some supplies. The group is Andrea, Jacque, Morals, T-dog, Merle, and Glenn. Amy is my best friend. Andrea is Amy's older sister. They get in the car and leave. Then mom calls Carl over to give him a hair cut. I walk over with them and see Shane sitting there cleaning his gun. I decide to clean mine also. I sit down next to him and pull it from my waist band. "Where did you get that?!" Mom yells at me. "I have had it since my 19 birthday!" "Shane! Did you and Rick get this?!" "Hey he got the gun! I got the license!" "Ughhh! Carl honey, quit moving!" "I hate haircuts!" "Hey just wait till you start shaving! Then you'll be missing your moms hair cuts!" "I'll believe that when it happens!" "Tell ya what! You get through this with some manly dignity I'll teach ya how to catch frogs!" "Can you teach me?!" I say. "No! I need your help with laundry!" "Please mom?!" "Nope! Sorry honey!" "Ughh!" "Alright Carl! Your done! Go play with you frogs!" Then we hear a car alarm. "Talk to me Dale!" Shane yells. "Hard to tell from here!" Then a red car pulls up and Glenn steps out. He pops the trunk and me and Amy run to him. "Andrea! Is she okay?" Amy yells. "Yes! She's fine! They all are!" Then I hug Amy. Then a van pulls up behind Glenn's car. Andrea steps out first and runs and hugs Amy. Then Morals comes out and hugs his wife and kids. I look at mom and Carl, and see her talking to him and hugging him. "How'd y'all get outta there anyways?" Shane says. "New guy!" "New guy?" "Yeah! Crazy dude just got into town! Hey helicopter boy! Come say hello! He's a cop just like you!" I immediately look up to see who it is. Then the guy steps into my line of vision. "Dad!" Me and Carl scream at the same time. We both run but I make it there first. I wrap my leg as around my waist and Carl jumps into his arms. He falls to the ground with us in his arms. Then he gets up and walks over to mom. What about her and Shane. I look and see everyone staring at us with shocked expressions. "Daddy! I thought you were dead! Your here!" I cry into his shoulder. Then he pulls out of the hug and walks over to Shane.

A while later I was hanging out with Carl and Sophia. I love these two little kids. Sophia seems to like me. I hate her father. He abuses her and Carol. Then I hear Sophia scream. "Behind me!" They run behind me and the walkers gets up. It starts to walk towards us and I grab my pocket knife. I go to stab it in the head but it grabs my wrist. I kick it off and it falls on top of Sophia. I grab it by the waist and roll to where it's on top of me. If I move one of my arms it will fall and I will get bit. Then an arrow pierces its head. I through it off of me and run to the kids. I hug them tightly and look at Daryl, who saved me, and nod in a thank you form. Then I look back to see Carl and Sophia getting taken away from me. Dad runs up to me and starts to check my arms and neck for bites or scratches. "Dad I'm fine! Just held it up!" "I'm sorry Kayla !" "I missed you daddy!" "I'm here now honey! Let's go back up!" Then he wraps his arm around my shoulder and leads me up the heel. We get up there and hear Shane tell Daryl to wait up. "Merle! Merle! Get your but out here! I got us some dinner!" "Daryl! There's been an issue!" "He dead?" "No! I handcuffed him to a roof in the city! He was a danger to himself and us!" "Let me get this processed! You left my brother hand cuffed to a roof?!" Then he goes to lunge at dad, but I pull out my gun in his face. "You touch my father I will put a bullet in your brain! I don't care who you are! I just got my dad back! I'm not loosing him again!" I yell at him. He instantly cowers back.

We all turned in for the night. There wasn't enough room in our tent so I had to stay in the RV. I couldn't go to sleep. I had a really bad feeling that something was going to happen tomorrow. I just ignore it and fall asleep.

I wake up to see my dad and some others loading up in a van. "Dad! Where are y'all going?" "We're going to get Merle! I handcuffed him to a roof in the city!" "You just got back!" "I'm sorry Kayla ! I promise! We will be back!" "Let's go!" Daryl screams. They get in the truck and leave.

A little while later we were all sitting around a campfire when Amy gets up. "Where are you going?!" Andrea yells at her. "I'm going to the bathroom geez!" Then we all just laugh. Then Amy steps back out of the RV and screams "were out of toilet paper!" Then she gives a blood curdling scream. I look over to see a walker but her in the wrist. Another comes and bites her in the shoulder. "Amy! No!" Then more walkers come. I realize Me and Shane are the only ones with a gun. Crap! All the kids get next to the RV and me and Shane start to shoot walkers down. Then dad and them come and shoot the rest. I go and sit next to Amy and Andrea. "No! You'll be okay! You'll be okay!" I scream. I realize that I'm in tears. Shane tries to pull me away but I push him off. "No! She will be okay!" Then she goes limp.