Chapter eighteen

We have the prison set up for the governor to attack today. Beth, Carl, Judith, Herschel, and I all stand behind the fence, away from the danger.

Cars pull up, and gun shots go off. A boy comes up to us, and they all raise our guns. I can't, because of my shoulder shot, and my other one filled with Judith. The boy doesn't look any older then me, but older then Beth. He slowly puts his gun on the ground, but Carl is still Amin at him. "Carl! Put the gun down!" Herschel says. Then the boy falls to the ground, with a bullet in his head. I look and see all the vehicles gone, and our group cheering. Beth takes Judith from me, and I hug her. I go to hug Carl, but he walks off away from me. Herschel starts heading up there to. Next thing I know, I'm alone in the woods. I sigh and start heading up there. I see Dad and Carl arguing, then Carl walks off into the prison. I sigh and feel like crying, but I hold it in and make it to the gate. It seems as if they forgot about me, because the only gate we have left is locked. I see everyone else hand inside and I sigh. "Forgotten again!" I mutter to myself as I think about what happened back at the CDC. I see walkers coming my way and realize I don't have my knife with me. I pull out my gun and shoot one that was coming my way. I hear yelling, and see the group coming out. "Would you please stop forgetting me?!" I say with my voice breaking. Carl opens the gate for me, and I see dad, Daryl, Glenn, and some others getting in a car. "We're going to make sure they are gone!" Dad says and kisses my head. "Just be safe!" I say as he gets in the car. Maggie kisses Glenn, and Daryl walks up to me. "You okay?" He asks me and I nod. I hug him and then lean on my tippy toes and peck him on the lips. He grabs my waist and deepens the kiss. "K?" Carl says and I pull away from Daryl. "Hey bub." I say digging my hands in my pockets and standing there awkwardly. Daryl smirks and chuckles, so I slap him on the chest. "That's gross! In telling dad!" He screams and runs over to dad. "Carl!" I squeal and chase him. "I'm gonna kill you!" I yell. He hides behind dad and I stand in front of him. Everyone starts laughing, and I run around dad. I start chasing Carl around dad, until he puts a hand on both of our shoulders. He stops us, and I put my arms out in front of me trying to grab him. He screams and runs away from dad. Dad let's go of me, and I chase Carl again. I catch him and pull him to the ground then tickle him. "D-dad!" He stutters. I tickle him until he cries then feel arms wrapped around me. They pick me up and off of Carl, then put me to the side of him. I look and see Daryl holding me. "Run before I let go of 'er!" Daryl says. Carl gets up and runs into the prison laughing. Daryl let's me up and walks me over to the adults. I see them all still laughing and smiling. I smile then kiss dads cheek and walk into the prison. "Oh Carl!" I say in a happy devilish voice. Herschel laughs and hands me a bowl of oatmeal. I take it gratefully and eat it gingerly. "I see your shoulder and leg seem to be fine." He says and I nod. "Feel fine to me!" I say. He nods then takes off my bandages. "They look a lot better!" He says and I smile. Beth walks in holding Judith, so I walk over to them. "How are my sisters?" I say. "Judith's doing good, but she's gonna need some more formula soon." She says and I sigh. "I'll go on a run and get some!" I say and Herschel comes up behind us. "Your not going anywhere! Your dad isn't here!" He says and I smile. "Herschel, I'll be perfectly fine!" I say. "I'm not allowing it!" He says and I nod. "Okay!" I say and he 'walks' away. "Your still going out, aren't you?" Axel says from behind me. "Will you cover me?" I ask and he nods. I walk to my cell, grab my bag, put my knife in it's designated spot, and walk outside. Axel does the gate for me, and I walk out. Dad will kill me, but we need this for Judith!

I walk into the woods, and to the nursery I went to with Glenn. I doubt he got all of the stuff. I walk in and start putting some random stuff in my bag. I go to grab a stuffed ready bear, but it gets pulled away from me. I see a little girl holding onto the feet side, and let go. "A-are you g-gonna hurt m-me?" She says backing away from me. My heart sinks two levels when I hear this. "No sweetheart! Do you have any one with you?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Do you want to come home with me?" I ask her and she nods. "My names Abbi." She whispers and I smile. "Well Abbi, my name is Kayla!" I say and she grabs ahold of my hand. "Do you have any stuff?" I ask her and she nods. She leads me to a back room I didn't see, and shows me a pile of food and a small make-shift bed. I pack up the food, then move to a small backpack with two outfits in it. I pick it up, but she takes it from me. She puts on her back and she smiles. She grabs my hand again and we walk out the door.