Chapter 19

I show up to the prison with Abbie, and see a bus. "You ready to go meet some new people?" I ask bending down to look her in the eyes. She slowly nods and I smile. I pick her up, and she wraps her legs around mine. I walk up there and Daryl comes running out. "Why would you just take off by yourself like that? You could have gotten hurt!" He yells at me. Abbie sniffles and he turns to look at her. "Who's that?" "This is Abbie, I found her. She was all alone! Abbie, this is my husband Daryl." I say and she hides her head in my shoulder. Daryl comes over to us, and kisses the top of my head, then looks at Abbie. "Are you gonna act like her mom er somethin'?" He says catching me off guard. "I don't know, I guess I haven't really thought about that!" I say then I see dad run over to us. "Makayla May Gri- Dixon, where on earth have you been? I go out, and come back only to see that you are missing! I talk to the group that stayed back, and they say that you directly went against my word and left! Many things could have happened to you, and we wouldn't know!" He yells. "Dad, im sorry! Judith needed more formula, so I went out and got some! Good thing I did, because I found Abbi. She was all alone, so I told her she could live with us." I say adjusting her on my hip. "Okay, let's go inside, you need to meet some new people." Dad says waving the previous conversation off. I smile and set Abbi down. She does something I didn't excpect, and reaches out to grab Daryl's hand. Daryl starts to flinch back, but seems to realize that it is okay. I smile at him and she grabs my hand with her free one. We start walking up towards the prison, and Carl runs out to meet us. "K! I was so worried about you!" He says and I smile. I hug him and he hugs me back. "Do you really think something is meaner or tuffer then me?" I ask in a voice i haven't used since before I was out of college. "You were always tuffer then the monsters in my closet!" He says smiling ear to ear. I nod and Abbi giggles. I tickle her in the stomach, and Carl looks at her. "Carl, this us Abbi," I introduce him and they both smile. I hear dad call my name, so we all walk up there.

We walk in, and I see a bunch of new people. Carl takes off and I look at dad. "He doesn't like our new guests!" Dad says and I sigh. I take Abbi up to my cell, and take her backpack from her. Daryl and I share the bottom bunk, so I'll give Abbi the top. "Abbi, I have a question." I say turning her to face me. "Yes?" She asks me. "Why.... Did you.....grab Daryl hand earlier?" I ask her and she frowns. "Was that not okay? I thought he was daddy. Just like your my mommy." She says. I catch her eyes with a hint of hope. "Do you want us to be your mom and dad?" I ask her and Daryl appears leaning against the doorway. "Daddy!" She says smiling. Daryl looks at me confused. "She wants to call us mom and dad." I state matter of factly. He nods and smiles. Wait! What? "That's cool with me." He says shrugging his shoulders. I hug him and he kisses the top of my head. Dad taps Daryl on the shoulder and whispers something. I hear Daryl curse under his breath and i frown. "Hey dad, by the way, your a grandad!" I say and his face is priceless. He looks at Daryl, and looks like he wants to punch him. "Abbi wanted Daryl and I to act Luke her mother and father." I say laughing. Daryl hides behind me, and dad sighs a thankful sigh. I laugh and Abbi giggles. "Can we gather the group? By the way, who are all of those new people?" I say and he nods. "We were on our way to finish off WoodBurys people, but we found the ones who attacked us all dead. We went to there town, and took all the people that were left there. It was just kids and elder people." Dad says and I nod.