Chapter 17

I wake up to see a figure sitting next to me. "Daryl?" I ask. "It's me! Look..!" I cut him off. "Daryl! Don't! I still love you, but I'm so mad at you right now!" He nods and walks out. I hear yelling, so I get up. Pain courses through my shoulder and leg, and I see they both have patches on them. I sigh as I remember getting shot! Then I hear the one voice I never wanted to hear again!

Merle!

I walk out of my cell, and directly towards the sound of his voice. I get there and see him behind a set of bars, and everyone else yelling. "You have some nerve showing up here after shooting me!" I say causing everyone to freeze. "Hey girlie! Is that how you thank your brother in law that saved your ole' man?" "That's how I thank an abusive alcoholic who shot his sister in law!" I spit at him. Daryl chuckles. Everyone goes back to yelling again. I see Maggie walk off from Glenn, and to her cell. I limp in there and see her crying. "What happened between you and Glenn?" "What?" "You have been avoiding Glenn!" "Some stuff happened back at Woodbury!" "You need to forgive him! Y'all are meant to be!" "What about you and Daryl?" "Tell you what! If you forgive Glenn, I will forgive Daryl!" "Okay!" She walks over to me and hugs me. "Let's go forgive our dumb husbands!" She says laughing. "Let's go!" I say smiling.

We walk into the commons area with evil grins. "Here comes the twins!" Dad says. We laugh. "Daryl Glenn, would you please come with us?" I say. They look between Maggie and I, and turn to each other. "They scare me!" Glenn says. "You two better listen to your women!" Herschel says. Maggie and I laugh. "Aight' were comin'" Daryl says. They follow us up the stairs. We stop and turn around. "Daryl, you are forgiven! I understand you were just wanting to be with your family! I would do the same if it came down to my father or Carl, but remember that I am your family to now! I love you!" I say and he smiles. He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me. Maggie and Glenn kiss then I kiss Daryl. "I love you Makayla Dixon!" I blush wen he gives me my knew last name. Then dad comes up to us. "Daryl, we need t get going!" He says. "Where are y'all going?" I ask turning dad. "We have a meeting with he governor. Daryl and Herschel are coming to be my back up men." "I'm coming to then!" I say grabbing Daryl's hand." "Fine, but you stay with Daryl at all times!" He says. I nod and smile because I won. We start walking away, and walk outside.

We get to the meeting place, and I see three men. They look at me up and down, grab Daryl's face. I pull it to mine and kiss him. "I love you!" He smiles and looks at the men. "I love you to!" He says before pulling me closer and kissing me hard. We kiss until we hear someone sigh. I pull away and smirk at the men. "Sorry, I just have missed kissing my husband!" I say holding my hand up so they can see my ring. Then I see some familiar blond hair, and she turns around. "Andrea?!" I ask and she smiles. "Makayla!" She says then runs to me and hugs me. Andrea and I got closer on the farm after we 'got over' Amy's death. She pulls away from me and says, "did I hear you say husband?" I blush and nod. "Daryl and I got married." She smiles. "I knew you to were perfect for each other!" I laugh and then look at Daryl. I see him smoking a cigarette, and I see Herschel looking between him and another man. "Thanks for the cigar man!" The guy says and Daryl nods. "Can I have one?" I ask. He smirks and pulls the box back out of his pocket. "Have you ever smoked one before?" He asks me handing me the stick. I twist it in my hands and look at him. "No!" He chuckles and lights it for me. Then he places it in my fingers, and I inhale then exhale. I cough and all the guys laugh. "It gets better after you take a few puffs." A man says. I nod and inhale then exhale again. Dad comes out, and I hide the cigar behind my back. "How'd it go?" I ask and Daryl hides a devilish grin. Dad looks between me and him, then walks behind me to look at my back. "You can have this one, but no more. Okay?" He says and I nod. "I think you need to take a load off, that's why I'm allowing it." He says smiling. Then a man walks out of the building and looks at me. "In sorry, I don't think we have met! I'm the governor." He says sticking his hand out. I laugh but hide it with a cough. "Makayla!" I say shaking his hand. Dad and Daryl glare at him. "What? I'm just shaking the young girls hand!" He says and I smirk. "That's my dad!" I say pointing to dad. "And my husband!" I say pointing at Daryl. He nods and I do the cigaret thing again. "Let's go!" Dad says pulling on my arm. I throw the bud away, and get in the car. Daryl sits next to me, and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "I love you!" He says kissing my head. "I love you to!" I say and kiss his cheek. "Ya missed!" He says and I smile. Then I peck him on the lips, and lay my head on his chest. I didn't even realized I was tired! Soon I somehow fall asleep, and the last thing I hear is, "we are going to war!"