Chapter 11

I walk up to Daryl and the men. The men look at me, and one looks at me with a weird look in his eyes. I pull myself into Daryl. "Mak! Get out of here!" He says to me. Then dad comes and runs up to me. He pulls me behind him. "What you got goin' on back there?" A man with blond hair says. "Ain't none ya business!" Daryl says. I just run back to the cell block. I go to Herschels cell and see him laying there asleep. I also see he has handcuffs around his wrists and the bed. He starts to pull on them and his breathing hitches. I pull my pistol out and aim it at him. Maggie and Beth start crying. He opens his eyes for a second then closes them. Mom comes in and pushes us all out of the way. I pull Maggie and Beth, and have them sit down. Glenn comforts Maggie, so I turn to Beth. She starts crying, so I hug her real tight. She gets up then walks to her cell. I figure she wants to be alone. Mom walks out of Herschels cell, and over to dad. They walk under the stairs and start talking. Then they get bad looks in there face. Great! There fighting! "Stop!" I yell, and everyone turns to look at me. "Just stop fighting!" I scream at them, then run off. I run outside and just stand there. Before this, they always got into fights. You think the apocalypse would change that! I hear footsteps coming my way. I turn around and see my little brother. "Hey... Carl! Whats up bub?" He walks over to me and hugs me. "They want you to come inside! They have a surprise for you!" "Who?" "Daryl!" What could the surprise be? Carl sounds happy, do I don't think he's breaking up with me! "What is it?" "I can't tell you!" He says smiling. He grabs my hand and leads me inside.

We get in there and see everyone standing in the cafeteria. I see Daryl standing in the middle of it. What is going on? I walk up to Daryl and he grabs my hands. "What's going on?" "Makayla May Grimes, when I first saw ya back in Atlanta, I knew ya were different from the rest of the group! When ya ran after Sophia, and went missin' for days, I just realized, but I was scared you were dead. When we were on the farm, and I saw ya come out of those woods, I was so happy. I know we have only been datin' for 'bout a week, but I really like ya. I talk to your dad, and he said it was okay. This was my moms ring. Makayla May Grimes, will you marry me?" He says kneeling on the ground. What? Is Daryl Dixon really asking me to marry him?! "Yes! 100x yes!" I say hugging him. Everyone claps and cheers. He kisses me then grabs my hand. He slides the ring on my finger, and it's a perfect fit. I smile then kiss him again. "Eww!" Carl says. I just laugh at Carl. I walk over to him and hug him. I then walk to Maggie. "Did you know about that?" "Yes! Everyone but Carl knew." She says excitedly. I hug her, then walk to my parents. "Thank you!" I say hugging dad. "For what?" "Everything!" Then he hugs me. "I love you Kayla!" "I love you to dad!" Then I walk over to Daryl. "Hey fiancé!" I say smiling. "Hello fiancé!" He says back. "I love you!" "I love you to!" "Alright! Everyone we have had a long day, and it's getting dark. Let's get some sleep! Maggie, Glenn, I want you two to take first watch. Come get Daryl and Makayla, when it's time to switch out. Pull a mattress up there in case one of you wants to sleep while watching! Everyone else, it's time to hit the hay. In the morning, Glenn, Maggie, T-Dog, Carol, Daryl, and myself, are going to work on cleaning up the place. Makayla, Lori, Carl, and Beth, you guys are gonna stay in here and keep an eye on Herschel. Makayla, you will be in charge tomorrow!" "Why me? What about mom?" "She will be taking care of herself and Herschel. What I mean, is you are in charge of Beth and Carl!" He says. Then we all walk to our cells. I get in my cell and sit on my bed. Daryl comes in and squats in front of me. "Hey Mr. Dixon!" "Hey soon to be Ms. Dixon!" I giggle when he says that. "What rime are y'all going out?" "When we're all awake." "Wake me up when y'all are about to go out!" "Why?" "In case it is the last time that I will ever see you!" "You can't think like that Mak!" "Sorry! Before everything started, my dad would go to work when we went to school, so we would see him before. In weekends he would always wake me up. The one day he didn't, he got shot and went into a coma." "Don't worry! Well wake ya up!" "Thanks!" Then he kisses me. I kiss back, then he pulls away. "I gotta go to sleep!" "Goodnight fiancé!" I say. "Goodnight fiancé!" He says smiling. "By the way when do ya wanna get married?" I smile. "Whenever is fine with me!" I say wrapping my arms around his neck. "I want to be married to ya as soon as possible! I know it's sudden, but I want to tie myself to ya! I love ya! I want ya to be my wife as soon as possible!" I smile. "When do you want?" "How bout tomorrow?" "Works for me! How about after you guys do whatever it is your doing? We can have Herschel be the preacher!" "Works for me!" He says then leans in. I lean in two and we kiss. He pulls back, and pushes me over. "What are you doing?" "Im gonna sleep with my fiancé! Nothing more, just sleeping with ya!" I blush. "Okay." I say smiling. I scoot over and he lays down next to me. "I love ya Mak!" "I love you to Dar!" He wraps his arms around my waist, and pulls me closer to him. I role over, and bury my face in his chest. I can practically hear his smirk. "Stop smirking, and go to sleep!" I say jokingly. "Stop jokingly and go to sleep!" He says jokingly. Then I let tiredness overcome me.