Chapter 14

I lay there. Daryl comes in and kneels in front of me. "Makayla! Honey! Come back to us please! At least move your fingers! Please!" I decide it's time to talk. "C-can we p-postpone th-the we-wedding?" I stutter and he laughs while crying at the same time. He hugs me, and I slowly hug him back. "I love you Daryl Dixon!" "I love you to Makayla Grimes!" Then I kiss him. I pull back when I hear footsteps coming. I see Carl. He sees me sitting up, and he just stands there. I stand up, and walk to him. I hug him and he hugs me back. "I love you bub!" "I love you to K!" He let's go of me and looks at me. "Do you want to meet her?" "Who?" "Our sister." I slowly nod. He grabs my hand and leads me over to Beth, who is holding a blanket in her arms. She hands the blanket to me and I see the beautiful angel buried within it. "Hi! My name is Makayla! I'm your older sister!" I coo at her. I look up to see everyone looking at us smiling. "What's her name?" I ask Carl. "I don't know yet! There's Patricia, Carol, Andrea, Jacque, Sophia, Amy, and..... Lori!" My heart breaks when he says the last three. I just hide my head and look back at the baby as the tears start coming. "How about Judith? That was your third grade teachers first name right?" He nods. "What about her middle name?" Carl says. "I like Lynn!" He says. "Everyone meet Judith Lynn Grimes!" We all smile. Then dad walks in. "Kayla!" He yells then runs over to me. He hugs me tightly. Carl comes over and hug us. We stand there having a large group hug, until we hear a commotion coming from the cafeteria. We walk in and see people there. "Who the heck are y'all?" Daryl says pulling his crossbow off of his shoulder. "The kid let us in!" A man with a beanie says. We all turn and look at Carl. "They needed help!" Carl says defensively. "Carl-!" Dad says, but I cut him off. "We have to give them a chance!" I yell at dad. "Makayla-!" "Dad! Atlanta! You showed up, they gave you a chance! Greene house! You showed up, they gave you and us a chance! We can't turn everyone away! We have to give them a chance!" I yell at him. He nods then turns to the people. "Three questions I want you to answer!" "Shoot!" "How many walkers have you killed?" "A few!" "How many people have you killed?!" "1!" "Why?!" "He tried to kill us!" "Welcome to the group, but if you touch anyone of us, I will not hesitate to kill you!" They sigh, but nod. "My name is Makayla! The boy is my brother Carl, the man who threatened you is my father! The man with the cross bow is my fiancé Daryl! The older man is Herschel, the youngest looking girl is Beth, the girl with brown hair is Maggie. The woman with short hair is Carol. The Korean man is Glenn." I say. "Im Tyrese, the dark woman is Sasha, the whits girl is Karen, and the two white men are father and son." I nod. We walk back into the cell and I walk upstairs to my cell. Judith starts crying so I walk downstairs. I find Beth. "Do we have formula for her? Or a bed?" "We have formula, Glenn and Maggie are about to go get some stuff." "Okay! Please be safe!" We hug and she goes to Glenn. I go and find Daryl. "Is there a basket or something around here?" "Yeah! We got a makeshift be for 'er!" He says. "Okay! Thanks! Be right back!" Then I walk off. I find the bed and I lay her down. I give her bottle to her, and cover her with the blanket. Then I walk back to Daryl and hug him. He turns around and kisses me. "I love you!" He says. "I love you to!" I say. "When do ya wanna get hitched?" I laugh. "As soon as possible!" I say. "How 'bout now?" "Let's do it!" Then he walks off. I run to Maggie. "Y'all can't leave just yet! You leave in two hours, not now!" "Why?!" "Daryl and I are getting married right now!" We squeal. We walk to the cafeteria and see everyone already there. I walk to were in standing next to Daryl. Herschel is standing in front of us holding a bible. "Will you turn to each other and hold hands please." Maggie is standing next to me, and Glenn is standing next to Daryl. Glenn has the ring Daryl is giving me, and Maggie has the ring that I am giving Daryl. I found it on a walker. "Daryl repeat after me. I Daryl!" "I Daryl!" "Take you Makayla for my wedded wife!" "Take you Makayla for my wedded wife!" "To love and cherish!" "To love and cherish!" "For better or worse!" "For better or worse!" "For richer or poorer!" "For richer or poorer!" "In sickness and in health!" "In sickness and in health!" "From this day forward!" "From this day forward!" "Makayla, repeat after me! I Makayla!" "I Makayla!" "Take you Daryl for my wedded husband!" "Take you Daryl for my wedded husband!" "To love and cherish!" "To love and cherish!" "For better or worse!" "For better or worse!" "For richer or poorer!" "For richer or poorer!" "In sickness and in health!" "In sickness and in health!" "From this day forward !" "From this day forward !" "May I have the rings?" Maggie and Glenn hand him the rings. "Daryl place the ring on Makaylas fourth finger on her left hand!" He does. "Makayla place the ring on Daryls fourth finger on his left hand." I do. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" We lean in and kiss.