chapter twenty-five

"Mak! Mak!" Daryl says. I groan and open my eyes. "Can you move?" He asks. I groan and nod my head. He gets out, then comes to my side. He undoes my seatbealt, and I cry out in pain. "Daryl! My wrist! My wrist, theres something in it, and its under the seat!" I cry. He moves his head and looks at it. "Mak, I-I'm gonna have to cut your wrist off." He says. "why?" I ask then groan when I try moving it. "Its piercing your vein, youll get blood poisoning." He says. "Do it!" "What?!" He asks. "I said do it! Just do it fast! Give me somethign to put in my mouth so I don't scream!" I say through the tears. "I don't have my knife." He says. "I have one in my bra." I say. He smirks, and gets it.

Then he cuts part of the bottom of my shirt, and puts it in my mouth. "Juse know that I love you! Im sorry!" He says then cuts it off. I scream, but thankfully, the shirt muffles it. He takes his shirt off, and wraps my forearm up with it. Then he pulls me out, with ease. He holds me, and i cry into his chest.

We walk through a building and come to the street from before. Guess who we see. The same dudce who we saved then tried killing us! He looks at Daryl with no shirt, and me with a blood stained shirt then sighs. I see a car with a white cross, and I start going to it. However, I get knocked off my feet when I get hit by a car.

I wake up, and see a man in a white coat. "Are we still in the middle of an apocalypse, or was that just a dream?" I ask. He chuckles then sighs. "Were still in the middle of the apocalypse. Welcome to Grace Memorial Hospital. Now, I have a question for you. Did you get bir, is that why you have o morw hand?" He asks. "No, I was in a car crash. There was some debri in my wrist, and my hand was stuck under my chair. The debre was in my vain, and I would have gotten blood poision, if my husband hadn't cut it off." I say. He nods, then a blond girl comes in.

"Beth, will you give this lady some morphine?" the doctor asks. He leaves, and we make Beth checks the hell then closes the door. She runs up to me and hugs me. "I thought you were dead!" I say and she laughs while crying. "I got out with Daryl, then we got separated after an attack of walkers. Theese guys kidnapped me, then took me here. Now, I'm like a doctor in training." She says and I kiss her forehead. "Maggies alive! Maggies alive an-and Carl, Glenn, Daryl, dad, Mirschonne, Carol, sasha, Tyreese, Bob and theres new people!" I say and she smiles brightly. "Maggies alive!" She says and hugs me again. She pulls back and looks at my arm.

"What happened to you hand?!" She asks and I frown. "I was with Daryl, we chased a car here. Some jerk locked us in a room full of walkers. we escaped then tried to get out of the buildings. we found a car, but got attacked by walkers. The only way to get away, was to drive off this bridge onto another road. we did so, then crashed, and some debree got stuck in my wrist. Daryl had to cut it off for me, then I got hit by a car." I say she nods and stands up. She injects something into my IV thing, then the door opens. "Beth, i didn't know you were in here! Oh, I see your awake. You have been unconscious for about a week. I was told that you didnt get bit." she says and I nod. "I was in a car accident. debree got stuck in my wrist. My husband amputated it."