Chapter 4

I wake up to see I'm still in the rec room. I look at the clock and see that it is 8:30. I walk back to the breakfast room to see no one there. Where are they. I run back to the sleeping area and see no one there, neither is there stuff. I then run to the front (where we came in) and see Andrea and Dale running a few feat in front of me. I hear dad screaming "down! Get down!" I jump behind a couple bodies only to see a huge explosion in front of me. It doesn't reach me, but my wrist gets burnt pretty bad, since I have it covering my face. I start screaming because it hurts so bad! Then it's over and I get up, and run to the vehicles. "Thanks for caring about me! You left me! You left me!" I scream at all of them, and they all have a look of pity. "I almost died! Did any of you realize I was gone?! I just got left! I guess it's my fault for getting drunk! My bad! Sorry I fell asleep! Heck! You sleep, you get left to die!" I didn't even realize that I was crying. I look around and notice we're missing Jacque. "Where's Jacque? Did you forget her to?!" "She decided she didn't want to live in this world. Along with Dr. Jenner." More people gone! Great! Then I walk to Daryl's truck and climb in the back seat. I sit down and lay my head on the window. "You want to sit up here? T-dogs riding in the RV." Daryl says getting in. I think about it for a second, and decide to sit up there. I climb over the seat and sit next to the window. "I was looking for you!" He says. "Huh?" "We woke up and I didn't know where you were. We all figured you were still asleep. Then doc wanted us to go look at something. Then he told us that a clock was counting down until the place would blow up. We ran and got our stuff. I saw yours was still there, but I thought you were right behind me to get it! When I saw you weren't by the vehicles I started questioning where you were. Then Andrea and Dale came out, and I was about to run in to get you. It took Shane, Glenn, T-dog, and your dad, to keep me from running in there to get you. Then I saw you come out and dive, and I saw the explosion. I don't know why, but I was so scared when I saw you weren't there. Then I heard your screams and my heart started breaking!" "I just thought everyone left me!" "Where were you last night?" He says as he starts to drive. "After we started to go to our rooms, I guess I just walked around. Then I walked into a room and grab some medicine. I felt much better, but I couldn't sleep. I decided to go to the rec room. I went in and grabbed I book, I started reading it, but I fell asleep. Then I woke up, and I couldn't find anyone. I didn't know where y'all were. Then I saw a hole in the window at the front. I knew y'all did that to get out. Then I saw Andre and Dale running in front of me, and I heard y'all telling them to get down. I jumped down and put my hand in front of my face. Then I felt it start to burn." "You stumbled into my room. I was still awake when you walked in. When you fell down I was gonna get you and put you on the couch. Then you grabbed some of the medicine and walked out. I was going to follow you, but I figured you wanted to be by yourself!" I was about to reply when I heard a weird noise and a honk. Apparently they made some kind of code, because Daryl pulled to the side. Then I saw that we were on a highway. We get out and walk to the rest of the group. I walk and hug Carl. "The RVs messed up!" "Alright! Glenn Dale, y'all fix it! Everyone else start rummaging through cars, and find some stuff!" Dad says. We all start to walk around and look at cars. I was standing next to Carl and Sophia, looking in a car, when dad runs motions for us to get under cars. I shove Carl under one then Sophia under the one next to them. I slide under one, cutting my leg on a piece of glass, and I hear shuffling and groans. Then A LOT of walkers pass us. It seemed like we were under there for forever. Then the last one passes. Sophia starts to get out, but two walkers start chasing her. I run after her and pick her up. I run away. We finally lost them. I set her down so I can catch my breath. Then another walker comes out of no where and chases her. She runs off and I chase her. Then I loose her.

It's been a day and Sophia and I are both out here. I still haven't found her. My leg is looking really bad. I'm walking through the woods when I hear a twig snap. I look and see a walker coming towards me. I stab it in the brain and I just keep stabbing it. "I lost her because of you! She might be dead because of you. I'm hurt because of you! I lost Amy because of you!" I scream as I continue to thrust my knife into its skull. Then I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn around and see another walker. I stab it in the head, then start running again. I run until I come to a clearing and see a huge house and a bunch of people in an area a little aways from it. I start walking towards it and stop when I see Shane. I run up to him and hug him. "Shane!" I scream. Everyone looks at us then Shane yells at Glenn. "Go get Rick and Lori!" Glenn runs into a house and within seconds is running back out with mom and dad. "Mommy! Daddy!" I scream then run to them, hugging them. We stand there and hug each other for a long time. "Where's Carl and Sophia?" I say hopeful they found her, and curious to where my little brother is. "Honey? Carl got shot and we haven't found Sophia yet!" Mom says. Then I feel my heart sink deep into my stomach. No! My brother was shot, and a little girl, much like my sister, is still missing! "No! It's my fault! I'm sorry mommy! If only I had pulled her under the car with me! Then she wouldn't be missing and Carl wouldn't be shot! I'm sorry mommy!" She just hugs me even tighter. "Hunny! It's not your fault! I promise love!" "Daryl! Take her into the Greene house please! I think she cut her leg open!" Dad says. Then I look and see Daryl walking up to me and picking me up bridal style. He then walks me into the house and calls for a girl named Beth. "Yes Daryl?!" She says walking into the room. "Where's your dad?! She has a burn on her wrist, and a cut on her leg. I need him to take a look at this if he can!" "He's taking care of Carl! I can take a look!" She says walking up to where Daryl had sat me down on a chair. Beth grabs my wrist and looks at it, then grabs my leg. "She will need cream for her wrist and stitches for her leg!" No! Then Beth pulls out a needle and thread. I get up and run out of the house. Dad sees me running and goes to catch me, but I pass by him. "Grab her!" Glenn comes up and grabs me by the waist. I squirm in his arms then Shane grabs my legs and dad grabs my arms. They carry me like this unit the house and sit me back down. Daryl wraps his arms around me from behind the chair, and Glenn sits on my feet. Then Beth starts putting the thread through the needle and I beg them to stop. "Daddy! Please! Daddy please!" I sob. "Shh! It's okay honey! It's okay baby girl!" He says in my ear. Then I black out.