chapter twenty-two

We walk into a house we plan on staying in. I throw my bag on a bes, but Jace yells claimed. I groan, and walk to another room. "Claimed!" I yell before anyone else can. I hear movement outside, so I look to see a dark woman and a little kid. My mind decides to play tricks on me, and I think that it is Carl and Mirschone.

I hear yelling coming from the room I was first in, so I'm stupid enough to go in. I see blood and a man on a mattress, then Have strangled in the bathroom. I hear the front door open and close then I see a man join the two. I wright on a piece if paper go, then shoot a bullet at there foot. I pull the sign to my face and they read it. After a few seconds, I pull it back down, and see them gone. I hear my name called, so I grab my stuff and we start walking again.

We walk across the railroad, and stop when we see a man sitting on the ground. "Claimed vest!" "Claimed bow!" Men yell off. "Claimed!" I yell. The man turns around, and I run to him. "Mak!" He says crying. "Daryl!" I sob. He hugs me then locks me in a tear soaked long kiss. One of the guys clear there throat, so we pull away. "Makayla, I take it you know this man." David says. "This is Daryl Dixon, my husband!" I say helping him stand up.

"Makayla, will you please tell your husband the rules?" A guy asks. "No fighting, no killing without permission, no stealing, no yelling, and if you want something, you say claimed and its yours." I say. "Claimed!" He says then pulls me closer to his chest. I kiss him again. "Alright love birds, let's get going!" Pepper man says. I hold Daryl's hand, and he links our fingers together.

"I love you Makayla May Dixon!" He says kissing my for head. "I love you to Daryl Wayne Dixon!" I say kissing his hand since I'm to short to kiss his face.

We arrive at a garage, so we go in. They start calling, so I claim a red car. Daryl gets in the backseat, and I sit next to him. "Why were you just sitting on the ground like that?" I ask him. "I got out of the prision with beth. She found me, and we couldn't find anyone else. We took off, then were planning to stay the night in a funeral home. I set up a thing where I would know if someone was at the door. It went off, I thought it was a dog like it was the first time, but it was a heard of walkers. Beth threw me my crossbow, and I told her to take off. After a while of her refusing to leave without me, she did what I said. I took care of the walkers, then went to the back. All I saw of her was a car with a white cross on the back. I followed it for a long time, but ended up failing." He says. "By the way, how did you end up with these men? I don't like the way they look at you!" He asks. "Once everyone started shooting, I went in the prision and grabbed Abbi. We couldn't find anyone else, so we took off. She started coughing, so we stopped and slept in this shed. I woke up to her as a walker, so I put her down. These men came up and found me, then one wanted to kill me, but I pulled my gun on him. They liked my attitude, so they said I could join there group. The boys were.........attracted to me, so we had to make a rule that they couldn't touch me." I say. "Do you think everyone else is alive?" I ask. "One thing I learned from Beth, you have to at least have a little faith!" He says then kisses my head. "Get some sleep!" I lay my head on his boulder, and turn my body to where my knees are beant, and I'm leaning against him.