chapter twenty-one

I was walking around the prision when I hear a loud boom. Everyone walks outside, only to see one tower on fire and a bunch of men outside our gate. "Rick, let's have a chat!" The governor says while on a tank. Two people get the Bates ripped off of there heads, and we see Herschel and Mirschonne. Daryl starts handing each of us guns, and I grab one. Next thing I know, Herschel gets a sword slices through his neck! "No!" We all scream, then the shooting starts. Shots are fired every which way. Walkers are coming out from no where. We all move as they plow through and tear down our fence. I run to the prison and grab Abbi. She's coughing as I run with her to find anyone from out group.

"Mommy, I'm sick!" She says and I set her down. I look and can't see anything. All I see is smoke, lights from the guns, and walkers. I grab her hand and take off into the woods with her. She starts crying,and I heat twig snaps around us. "Abbi honey, I need you to stop crying! I need you to be completely silent, baby girl." I say then stab the walker. I cut it open, and smear the blood on us to mask our human smell. She whimpers, so I kiss her cheek. "What have I told you sense I found you?" I ask smiling. "That I must be strong for those I care about." She says and hugs my waist. "Let's go find some shelter sweetie!" I say and she starts couginh again. This time, she coughs so hard, she falls to the ground. It gains the attention of some walkers, so I pick her up bridalstyle and start running.

Its now nitetime, so we decided to stay the night in a shed. I checked it out before we went in, so were good. I lay down with my arm wrapped around her to keep her next to me. She coughs again, and I get scared. Maybe the has that sickness thing. I caress her cheek until she falls asleep on my other arm. Once I make sure she's really out, I close my eyes as well.

I wake up to a snarl. "Abbie?" I ask. I open my eyes, only to find a reanimated corpse of her. "No!" I say. She tries to bite me, but I push her to the ground before she can. I sit on top of her, kiss her for head, and put a bullet in her brain. I fall to the ground crying.

"Well that was some deep crap!" A man says. I turn to see a bunch of men staring at me. Some looking at Abbi, some licking their lips, and some looking me up and down. A man points a gun at me, so I point mine at  him. "Now hold on, let's not kill each other! What's your name sweet heart?" "My name is Makayla Dixon!" I say putting my gun down. "Well Makayla, you can join our little group, but we have some rules!" He says smirking. I unload my gun and put it in between my shirt and shorts on my back.