chapter twenty-six

Beth pushes my wheel chair to the spot where were suppose to meet our group. I have my arm in a sling, and I'm in a weel chair because they took the bullet out of my leg, so its even more sore. They switch Betha nd one of there people, then they switch a person for myself. Doc pushes me there, and i stand up and Daryl hugs me.

"Now I just need Noah!" Dawn says. "That wasn't part of the deal!" Dad says. "She replaced him, now I'm loosing her, i need him back!" She says. Beth walks up to her and starts talking to her. She stabs dawn in the shoulder with a pair of scisors. Dawn shoots Beth, killing her, and Daryl shoots dawn in the forhead. I gasp and fall to Beths side, getting blood on my pants. I pick her up and cradle her in my lap. "No! No! No!" I cry.

Daryl picks Beth up, and Dad picks me up. I put my head in the crook of his neck and cry. We walk out, and see Maggie, Glenn, Mirschone, Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene coming towards us. Maggie smiles when she sees me, but frowns when she sees Beth. "No!" She yells then falls to the ground crying. Glenn drops with her and holds her. I hug Maggie while we both cry. Beth was basically another sister to me.

We walk to the church, and Carl runs up to me. "Would you stop leaving me!" He asks and I sadly smile. "im sorry bub." I say then he pulls back and Daryl comes up. "Let me see your arm." He says. I slide it out of the sling, and he lightly grabs it. "Im so sorry, Mak! I shouldn't have been so stupid! If I hadn't drove us off the bridge, you would still have your wrist! I'm so sorry Mak!" He says putting his head on my sholder. "Hey, its not your fault! I shouldn't have held on to the seat when we went off. I love you Daryl Wayne Dixon!" I say kissing him. "I love you to Makayla May Dixion!" He says then kisses me back harder.

Dad comes up to me and hugs me then kisses the top of my head. "Don't take off like that again!" He says and i nod. "What happened to your hand?" He asks. "Daryl and i were in a car crash. some debree got stuck in my wrist, and he had to cut it off. I didn't want to get blood poisioning, so he cut it." I say and he nods. "Is that why he returned with no shirt?" He asks and I smile. "we cut the bottom of my shirt to put in my mouth, so I wouldn't attract walkers with my screaming. He used his shirt to clot the bleeding from my wrist." I say and he nods. "You have run awawy from me twice in the past two weeks! That's enough." He says smiling. "Im making up for all the teenage things I missed out on doing, all those years ago." I say and he laughs. "Its not my fault you wanted to be a cop like me." he says and i smirk. "Well, its not my fault i was born as the sherifs daughter." I say and we both laugh.