Chapter 13

"Wh-where i-is she?" Dad says. I see Maggie and Carl crying. Dad drops his ax and goes to walk off. "No! Rick! No!" Maggie says, putting an arm in front of his chest causing him to stop. He walks over to Carl and bends down. "No! No! Awww! Nooo!" He starts walking until his legs cave under him and he falls to the ground crying. Glenn walks over to Maggie and holds her. I stand there. I can't move. I can't breathe. I feel arms wrap around me, but I just continue standing there, staring at the door they came out of. I stand there. I don't even cry. This is worse then when I saw Amy come back! This is worse then when I saw Sophia walk out of the barn! I lost mom! I know she won't be coming back like dad did! I watch as dad jumps up and runs into the tombs. Daryl walks over to Beth and says something in her ear. Her and Carl walk in to the cell block. I feel someone pick me up but I don't look. I know it's Daryl, because whoever picked me up is very muscular.

I feel my back connect with my mattress. Daryl let's go of me, and kneels in front of me. I just stare at the bottom of the top bunk. I can hear him trying to talk to me, but I don't know what he's saying. He kisses me then walks out. Carl walks in and sits next to me. I hear him talking, but I don't hear what he is saying. I just stare at the top of my bunk. He lays down, and lays his head on my chest. He starts crying, but I don't move. I hear Carl start to snore, and someone come in. I feel Carl get picked up, and see that it is Glenn. He takes him out of my cell, and somewhere else. I stay there. I still don't move. I just play images of mom in my brain.

We were in the car, on our way to the Grand Canon. The song Closer, by Chain Smokers, comes on. Me and mom start singing while dad just laughs. Carl is sitting in his car seat, when he makes a weird noise. I look at him and see puke EVERYWHERE! "Ew! Mommy! There's puke everywhere!" Dad pulls into a rest stop. They stop the car and we all get out. Mom takes Carl into the bathroom to change his clothes. Dad starts cleaning, and I just stand there. He stop and looks up at me. "Here! Here's $15. Go get me a Coke and some surimi's. Get your mom a Dr Pepper and Doritos. Get yourself whatever you want." He says smiling. I happily take the money, and walk into the snack area. I get mom and dads stuff, then get myself a Coke and sunflower seeds. I walk to the man and give him the stuff. He rings it up. "That will be $7.56." I hand him the money and he hands me my change. I start walking out and see mom and Carl coming out. I smile at them and we walk to dad. We get there and see him sitting in the drivers seat with the door open. I hand him the money and his stuff. I hand mom her stuff, and I open my Coke. I get in my seat and see Carl's is clean. We all get in, and start driving again.

Today is my first soccer game! I'm only 13 years old, and I'm gonna be a starter. Mom and dad won't be there. I'm really sad about that, but coach says he will film the game. I'm happy because I get to play striker. We have to ride the bus up there, since it is a school team.
We get there, and walk to the field. We throw our bags down, and run onto the field. We start our stretches, and coach calls us over. We jog over, and he says, "Captains time! Makayla Grimes and Elena Gilbert!" Then the ref calls us over. We walk over there and see two girls from the other team there. "Ladies! Shake hands and introduce yourself !" I shake the girls hand that's in front of me. "Makayla!" "Bonnie!" Then I shake hands of the other girls. "Makayla!" "Caroline!" Then the ref flips the coin and we call heads. It lands on heads so we call kickoff first. The other team gets to pick the side, and they pick the one with the sun on there backs. We run back to our teams and get in a huddle. After that, we run into our positions. I look at the crowd, and see my family. They wave, and I feel a huge smile creep onto my face. Now I'm ready!

I'm gonna miss mom. I see that it is night time, so I decide to go to sleep. I don't even change positions! I just close my eyes!

I wake up in the morning and see Carl in between me and the wall. He wakes up and looks at me. "Hey K! How are ya feeling?" I just stare at him. "I'll go find Daryl!" He says getting up. He comes back within minutes, with Daryl right behind him. "Hey Mak! How ya feelin'?" I don't move. Then we hear the door open. Daryl steps out, and pulls Carl with him. What's going on. Then dad walks into my cell. "Hey Kayla! They told me that you stopped talking and everything!" I just stare at him. "Kayla! Honey please talk to me!" I continue to stare at him. He nods, then gets up and goes to leave. He walks out, and Herschel starts yelling. "Where are you going?!" "I just wanted to check on Carl and Makayla!" "Rick! Rick! Your slipping! We all see it! You once said that this wasn't a democracy! I put my family's life in your hands! Now, please, take care of them!" Then I hear the door open and close. Guess he left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who got the vampire diaries reference?
The names Elena Gilbert, Caroline, and Bonnie!
I was going to have the girl on Makaylas team be Kathryn Gilbert, from my other book, but I wanted to have Elena's, Carolines, and Bonnie's name.