Cookies

Ruby's eyes shot open as her alarm started beeping her awake.

"Bleh... Why do I even own one of these things..." She muttered as she pulled herself out of bed.

Walking over to her dresser, Ruby searched through until she found a nice red skirt and a white tank top. Just what she'd need for work today. Her job was being a waitress at The Cookies Cafe, a shop down on Beacon Street.

"Ruby! Hurry up!" Someone shouted while banging on the apartment door. "You're gonna be late for work."

"I have never been late for work in my life, Yang. You don't need to babysit me." The brunette whispered to herself.

"HURRY THE HELL UP!!!" Yang shouted, just before Ruby opened the door.

"Please stop screaming, I'm not going to be late." Ruby sighed.

Yang grinned. "I know! Your shift isn't even until like one in the afternoon." She said.

"Then why are you here...?" The smaller girl asked, looking tired and desperate to go back to bed.

Yang nervously smiled and kicked at the floor a little. "Well you see, I kinda set a brunch date up for you."

"I don't eat brunch." Ruby said, closing the door in Yang's face. "Now to leave out the fire escape." She mumbled.

The girl with red tips in her hair slipped out the window, moving down the metal stairs from the apartment. She got to the bottom and brushed off her shirt, looking each direction to make sure that her sister hadn't found her. Yang was nowhere in sight, and luckily the only person around was Ruby's friend Roman, who was smoking a little down the street.

"Yo! Wazzup, Torchwick?" Ruby greeted.

The man with a cigar turned and smiled. "Little Red, Little Red. What are you up to, kid?"

"Trying to avoid Yang." The girl with the red tips replied. "She trying to drag me to some date."

Roman raised an eyebrow. "And? What's the issue? I mean, you're the most single person in history. When was your last date?"

"Does dinner with Jaune count?" Ruby asked.

"No, because I'm pretty sure he's gay." Roman said. "Come on, Red. Just try it out, dates are fun."

"Yeah, Ruby, it's a bunch of fun!" Yang said, throwing an arm over Ruby's shoulder.

Ruby looked down in defeat. "Torchwick, you've betrayed me. Why didn't you warn me that she had shown up?"

"Because we have a code of honor." Roman said. "Those who work together don't rat each other out."

"You two are security guards, not comrades in arms." Ruby commented.

Roman smirked. "It's all for the motherland."

"You got that right, Torch. Plus, private security is different from security guards." Yang laughed. "Now, Rubes. I need you to go on this date for me."

"But, Yaaaaaaaaanngg...." Ruby whined.

The girl with the blonde mane stuck up a finger. "The only butt that'll be involved is the guys when you grab it."

"Not gonna happen." The brunette growled.

Yang rolled her eyes. "Fine, but you're still going."

Ruby sighed, seeing that she wasn't getting out of this. She nodded in defeat and Yang took her hand, leading her down the street.

Roman waved. "See ya, kid. Good luck on your date."

Ruby simply flipped off the man as she walked away with Yang. Her sister dragged her down to a little diner near The Cookies Cafe, pushing her inside and following right after.